Creative ways to wrap a gift card

mesarobins

Do you bother to wrap a gift card? If so what are some creative ways you have found to do this? DD is giving a $5 gift card for her Jr High gift exchange at church. We are sticking it in one of the .59 mini stockings from Walgreens, which got me thinking about other clever ways to wrap or disguise a gift card.

Both of my ds need wallets and I'm thinging of giving them wallets and then putting a small gift card for their tunes inside. Plus I think they are getting gift cards from a bil so it will give them somewhere to put that until it's spent! (about 24 hours later LOL)

Recently, I found two cute little card holders. One was an ornament that you opened up--it was a penguin with a see-thru belly (Target, on a register's end cap). They had other ornaments as well. Another was at Grocery outlet, near the candy aisle. In the top of the "container" it had a few little candy canes and in the middle, it had a window, so you could see the gift card. I know it's maybe not what anyone is looking for, but an option--especially for stocking stuffers or if you want to put one in a gift basket.

We exchanged names at work and I bought my person a gift card. Here's how I wrapped it. I had a small square shiny blue gift box (bought at Dollar Store). I cut tissue paper into 16 squares per sheet and stuffed the box. The trick was in the lid. I put the gift card in the lid and taped it down. Then I used the white back of a christmas card and cut it the exact size of the inside of the lid and slipped it in the lid and taped it in to cover the gift card. When we exchanged gifts Friday, we all laughed and laughed. It was great!!

I bought little satchel's in holiday theme from Joann's. I think they were made for (I'm gonna spell this wrong) popurri (??). The have a drawstring. The're normally like $1.00--- I know that I stock up every year when they go 75% off and they come out to $0.25 each. They are the perfect size for gift cards.

We exchanged names at work and I bought my person a gift card. Here's how I wrapped it. I had a small square shiny blue gift box (bought at Dollar Store). I cut tissue paper into 16 squares per sheet and stuffed the box. The trick was in the lid. I put the gift card in the lid and taped it down. Then I used the white back of a christmas card and cut it the exact size of the inside of the lid and slipped it in the lid and taped it in to cover the gift card. When we exchanged gifts Friday, we all laughed and laughed. It was great!!

I think I will try this for my niece. The family will love it!! Thanks for the idea.