Dell will sell computers at Best Buy

bigjimslade

Dell is has been selling computers at Staples, Sam's Club, and Wal-Mart for a few months now (4+).

I've heard & read they have been quite pleased with the Wal-Mart / Sam's deal & it's working well for them. They are trying to regain market share & get past HP to reclaim the throne again as #1, so you may see even more deals to sell thru big box retailers.

They've been selling them on QVC for a few years. As of late, I don't think they've been selling to well. The prices, from what I've heard, weren't that good.

I hate any of the home shopping channels programs where they sell anything electronics... They are always claiming that the item has features that they don't -- but naive people watching assume that the presenters have half a clue as to what they're talking about.

One one show in particular, they were going through a laptop's DVD recording software, touting features that were obviously "grayed-out" on the limited-edition software...

Only trust QVC & Home Shopping Channel presenters as far as you can throw them. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Female/10_1_104.gif

I don't like QVC either. Some of the testimonial calls that have gotten through have ragged on how terrible their computer and tech support are. QVC thinks by having a separate tech support phone number for their customers is going to help.

Supposedly, Michael Dell was on there one day, and the host wouldn't let him speak.