Do I Need A Memory Card For The Wii

jade#1

If you would like to save your games, I suggest buying one. Especially if you have games that have save points (areas in a game where you can save your progress so you can avoid having to start all over again the next time you play).

To answer someone else's question, regular SD cards work. Wii SD cards tend to be more expensive than regular SD cards so my suggestion is to get a regular SD card with at least 1 GB of memory. You can find great deals online (just search in the online deals forum).

If you would like to save your games, I suggest buying one. Especially if you have games that have save points (areas in a game where you can save your progress so you can avoid having to start all over again the next time you play).

To answer someone else's question, regular SD cards work. Wii SD cards tend to be more expensive than regular SD cards so my suggestion is to get a regular SD card with at least 1 GB of memory. You can find great deals online (just search in the online deals forum).

Thank you so much! My boys play the longer games that save progress. We have tons on 2GB cards floating around so I'm glad I don't have to buy specific ones.

I have a question in the same lines. I"ve seen Wii specific cards, but will a regular SD card work?

Any normal SD card will work. Just don't get a SDHC card. Don't spend the extra cash on the Wii branded ones, it isn't worth it.

As for needing one at all. It all depends upon what you do with the console. If your downloading a lot of virtual console games or WiiWare games (they aren't out yet, but are coming), then it can come in handy. But you can't run any virtual console games off of the SD card, so you have to first transfer them to the machine and then play them. So basically the SD card will just give you a place to store your VC and WiiWare games if your downloading a lot.

thanks for all you answers i guess ill buy that sandisk wii memory card at circuit city for 24.99 its a 2gb so that should be enough hopefully thanks again

circuit city also has a blue sandisk 2gb card for 19.99 but you need 24.00 for the free shipping

Does Any Body Know If I Need A Memory Card For The Wii My Kids Have This System And I Got Them A Few Games But Do I Need A Memory Card Or Will It Store Where They Left Off On The Console

Thanks

No you dont need a memory card for the wii, and you can use any SD card the wii cards are just to make money!! I had my wii for over a year now and I never had to use a card!;)