walmart secret sales?

bratm1

I just got back from the Secret Sale and our walmart did not get half of the stuff. They did not have the bluetooth or the Hannah Montana t's...which is all I went for!

Call WM corporate and complain. They advertised a minimum number of items per store. Min. of 10 on the blue tooth and 96 per store min. on the HM tees. If all the stores didn't get all the items then it's false advertising on WM part. Make them make it right.

Went to local Walmart @ 7:50 this morning for the 8:00 Super Secret Sale. I was first in line for the PS3 (they had 5). They also had 5 of the Gateway laptop computers. I would have been #3 in line for those (they had tickets) if I wanted one, but I didn't need it. One gentleman came to the counter at 7:58 for the last ticket. I did speak to one lady who said she got to the store @ 6:00 for the laptop because she thought there was going to be a long line.

They said they didn't have any of the 50" Vizio plasma TVs, but were giving out vouchers for 2 of them, which were supposed to come in later today. No one was in line for them though.

Everyone was getting the TV's at mine they got 9 and 9 sold! YUCK don't they realize it was PLASMA!?!?!:yuck:

I just got 2 of the phones and my $20 in giftcards and jetted I DID look at the laptop but nobody here needs a new one and it was OVERPRICED IMO

My store has had the Hannah T's since about Black Friday. They are 6.88 everyday I picked up 3 the other day. My store had them in the middle aisle but has since moved them to the girls section! HTH

I didn't see any webkins at my store but I wasn't looking. I have no idea where they'd even be located?!?! TOYS? Yeah those hangtags are going to last all of 3 seconds at my Walmart if they put them in TOYS!

Sent hubbby to Walmart for the Laptop. Our Walmart got 8 he was 4 in line. Said there wasn't a long line for anything and there was still 2 left and no line. I am thinking either a lot of people didn't check the website or 8 is the time most people get to work.

:)

I had purchased the power guitar about a month ago for 35 bucks, which at the time was a good deal since i was seeing it for 49.... So I went to walmart to get it at 25 and it was the more expensive version with the guitar carrying case. So I returned the other one. So I think the $25 was a great deal.

I had purchased the power guitar about a month ago for 35 bucks, which at the time was a good deal since i was seeing it for 49.... So I went to walmart to get it at 25 and it was the more expensive version with the guitar carrying case. So I returned the other one. So I think the $25 was a great deal.

I got one this morning for my nephew. It did not have the carrying case. I do have a question though. It says it includes a cd. Does it show the cd in the front near the guitar? I am asking because I just looked it over, and it almost looks like someone opened it. I see there are only a couple of the tamper resistant things inside. I think I am going to take this back and get another one. Darn it!

I got one this morning for my nephew. It did not have the carrying case. I do have a question though. It says it includes a cd. Does it show the cd in the front near the guitar? I am asking because I just looked it over, and it almost looks like someone opened it. I see there are only a couple of the tamper resistant things inside. I think I am going to take this back and get another one. Darn it!

My said cd included in the back of it and mine definitely has the carrying case. I would bring yours back.

My said cd included in the back of it and mine definitely has the carrying case. I would bring yours back.

Thank you. I am most definitely bringing it back. Our Walmart is famous for putting things back on the floor like this. No wonder why the thing beeped when I went to walk out the door. :no:

Didn't Acer just buy Gateway?

Acer bought Gateway, who had bought Emachine. All three are now one company.

Most people who buy these cheap laptops probably do not know too much about computing other than this is probably the best deal they will find in a store(they may not know how to or want to puchase online;)). People who deal with this stuff know when they read the specs, what they are getting for the price. So for the average person who can't afford or want a more expensive laptop this is a pretty decent deal. I have had three laptops since 2000; all have been Celerons(I went for price). They accomplished their missions of allowing me to work on things away from home, watch movies and play some games(like old Tomb Raider 1-3, even Medal of Honor:Allied Assault:p). I do HIGHLY recommend upgrading the RAM to 2GB. The RAM will make a vast improvement on processing time. I upgraded all three of my old machines.

I didn't see any webkins at my store but I wasn't looking. I have no idea where they'd even be located?!?! TOYS? Yeah those hangtags are going to last all of 3 seconds at my Walmart if they put them in TOYS!

I was at Wal-Mart today and they had the Webkinz back in the toys section. I noticed them in the aisle with the Fur-Real animals and Fur Berries. They probably had about 30 of them but not a huge selection. About 4 dogs, the white seal, a tiger and a cat or something like that. This is a smaller town Wal-Mart so maybe they aren't as worried about loss or more than likely because they are new to Webkinz they just don't realize the loss potential.

ok, someone help me here...i bought the digital projector online on the 29th of Nov for $100...now they are selling it for $75...same thing. How do i get $25 back???? HELP!!! i've never price matched before :o

One of the Wal-Marts near me told me they only give 7 days for a price adjustment. You could take your receipt in and see if they will adjust for the difference you paid - I am assuming you originally bought on Wal-Mart.com? If they won't adjust the price then I would just return the first one and then rebuy for the cheaper price - or buy it for the sale price and then use the original reciept and return it. That is commonly done at places like Target where stuff goes on clearance.

Went to three Wal-Marts trying to find the Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player for $198 with 5 free movies instantly. None of them had an A2 in stock nor did they even get any in. They had plenty of the $298 A3. And on top of that they had maybe a total of 10-15 HD-DVD's to choose from. That is total of 10-15 discs. Not different titles.

Our Walmart must of gotten all the Gateways LOL I went in around 4:30 for other items and was walking pass so I asked a associate, he pointed to a case (endcap) and it was full of the Gateways, looked like 14 or maybe even more if it was deeper and didn't even look like one had been removed. I guess not alot of people get online here in our are (Montana)

Everyone was getting the TV's at mine they got 9 and 9 sold! YUCK don't they realize it was PLASMA!?!?!:yuck:

I am curious as to why you do not like plasmas. I am not a tech person but my hubby is, and in the point of honesty we own 2 plasmas. If your prejeduice is the whole origanial thing that the plasma wears out I believe that problem was solved with the second generation on the technology.PLease let me know either on this thread or in pm.:smart::)

I am curious as to why you do not like plasmas. I am not a tech person but my hubby is, and in the point of honesty we own 2 plasmas. If your prejeduice is the whole origanial thing that the plasma wears out I believe that problem was solved with the second generation on the technology.PLease let me know either on this thread or in pm.:smart::)

LoL sorry but I don't have a clue, Dh has made me prejudice. He won't own plasma. We are ones to leave the TV on ALL THE TIME and video games get played ALOT around here. We only have 3 LCD TV's so far (Just bought DS(9) one for his room from Santa!

But a few things I have heard his friends and him discussing is the "burn in" factor that Plasma's have AND the longevity of Plasma. Our Best Buy guy also told us that although manufactuers are saying they have gotten better they still do not last as long as LCD since the Plasma uses gases to create picture the picture WILL become less clear over time. LCD's supposidly still outlast Plasma since they last as long as the backlight does and sometimes with certain models that can be replaced.

So basically we are not AT ALL against Plasma but we are definatly against CHEAP Plasma manufactuers that are may or may not be trying to improve those few things..

Also I heard that LCD burns less energy, I have no idea to the truth behind that but with 6 TV's running almost non-stop that could become important..

OK it is late and I am exhausted so if none of this makes sense that is my excuse ;)

LoL sorry but I don't have a clue, Dh has made me prejudice. He won't own plasma. We are ones to leave the TV on ALL THE TIME and video games get played ALOT around here. We only have 3 LCD TV's so far (Just bought DS(9) one for his room from Santa!

But a few things I have heard his friends and him discussing is the "burn in" factor that Plasma's have AND the longevity of Plasma. Our Best Buy guy also told us that although manufactuers are saying they have gotten better they still do not last as long as LCD since the Plasma uses gases to create picture the picture WILL become less clear over time. LCD's supposidly still outlast Plasma since they last as long as the backlight does and sometimes with certain models that can be replaced.

So basically we are not AT ALL against Plasma but we are definatly against CHEAP Plasma manufactuers that are may or may not be trying to improve those few things..

Also I heard that LCD burns less energy, I have no idea to the truth behind that but with 6 TV's running almost non-stop that could become important..

OK it is late and I am exhausted so if none of this makes sense that is my excuse ;)

lol...I Was going to ask the same thing, As for the gaming thing, it really depends on who makes the plasma on what you really need to worry about. I am usually ALWAYS playing games on my plasma and I don't have any issues with my plasma....Anyway, one of the things plasmas have that LCD's dont when it comes to gaming, plasmas allow blacker blacks and whiter whites which are really needed in games. Any you dont get motion blur like you do with LCDs.

Anyway, To each their own, you really cant do wrong either way...all that really matters is if you are happy with what you have. :)

While I agree that most plasma tvs are not great for gaming, my 42" JVC plasma is awesome for watching movies. We've had it for a couple years and the colors are so rich and the details are amazing. I haven't even got to watch something in HD yet, but I just got a HD player so I'm anxious to see the full potential of this tv. The upper end models of plasma tvs are great. We never go to the cinemas anymore. We'd rather watch movies at home. We can see the details so much better.

But, if you're going to be leaving it on a lot it will use more power then LCD. It's the price you pay for the vibrance.