37" Olevia 1080i LCD

Xfeg

make sure you say "price adjustment", NOT pricematch.

PA = their own sale price

PM = another store's price

I went and bought the 37" olevia today and asked about PMing and the customer service gave me some attitude saying that they price adjust but don't PM on black friday.

What do you guys think of this TV as a living room TV? This is my first HDTV and I also plan to use it for my Xbox 360. The couch isn't far away from where the TV would be so 37" is big enough.

Depends on how big your living room is... I just got my 37" olevia today and it is plenty big. I too was worried about size, but if your couch is pretty close to your TV, 37" should be plenty. if i were you, i would go to target tonight and see it in person. if you like it, pull the trigger and save your receipt for the price adjustment.

And as for the person who lost your receipt, i would call them or go speak to guest services. they seem to really stress having the receipt.

Depends on how big your living room is... I just got my 37" olevia today and it is plenty big. I too was worried about size, but if your couch is pretty close to your TV, 37" should be plenty. if i were you, i would go to target tonight and see it in person. if you like it, pull the trigger and save your receipt for the price adjustment.

And as for the person who lost your receipt, i would call them or go speak to guest services. they seem to really stress having the receipt.

Thank you that is what I was going to today. I am still doing some research though.

When you get your price adjustment from Target, do you get back an in-store credit and not cash?

You get your money back in whatever form you paid. Money back on your credit or debit card or cash back for cash or a check. Gift card if on a gift card.

I got the Olevia 37" TV today - and yes - make sure you say price adjustment. I went to the High Point, NC location today and the manager was very rude there. I showed him the email from "corporate" stating the price adjustment policy for the 2-day sale. He looked at it and said and I quote, "I don't really care what corporate says. Each store manager can either decline or accept a particular price adjustment policy. My policy is that I will not honor the 2-day sale price adjustment. You are welcome to buy the TV today, but you cannot bring the receipt back for an adjustment." He had quite an attitude. I did not get upset, just said "Thanks." and left.

Afterwards, I called the corporate customer relations number. I talked to a very nice lady who assured me that if I bought the TV today they would INDEED honor the price adjustment on Friday. She wanted to know the store number and manager's name and said, "We will be contacting him to let him know again of corporate's policy regarding the 2 day sale so that he does not continue to mislead customers."

Went to the Kernersville, NC location, the manager was super nice and knew all about the 2 day price adjustment policy. Helped me get the TV and voila - will be enjoying the TV tomorrow morning watching the Macy's parade and heading back on Friday to get my adjustment. So it is all about who you deal with. The lady with corporate assured me that if the manager of another store would not honor the 2 day policy to insist that they contact corporate relations and they would reiterate the 2 day sale price adjustment policy to them. So I guess if anyone has problems getting this done, then just tell them to call corporate.

Day didn't start off so well, but ended good. :)

I was going to buy this TV, but the issues with Olevia's high rate (> 10%) of lemons led me to go to ABC Warehouse to Purchase a 50 Inch Samsung 1080P with 3D Capabilities for 1200.

I have not heard failure rates that high, but just in case, I bought the 3 year service plan for $60. I signed up for the target card and got 10% off, so essentially, I got the service plan for free. :D

Do I need to buy an antenna to receive some of the local free HD channels?

There is a tuner included, I didn't have time to play with the tuner today before I had to go to work, so I'm not sure, but in theory "SOME" channels should be broadcast in HD for free, but there won't be a lot of them! If you want HDTV, you really should consider getting a HD plan thru your cable company or satellite provider.

Just got back from doing our price adjustment for the TV (purchased last week). They gave us a real hard time about it, saying that they only price adjust certain items and that their computer wasn't letting them do it for the TV. We told them that we called that specific store prior to purchasing and we asked the sales person when purchasing the TV about price adjustments and we were told they would price adjust "if" the TV was on sale within 14 days of purchase including the 2-day sale. They eventually did give us the sale price as a price adjustment, but it was much more difficult than it should have been.

Guess we should have emailed corporate and brought that email with us. Next time...

If you look though on the colored box, its says "hdmi, 3 component, etc.". On the brown box as i saw someone post a pic it says 2 hdmi, 3 colored. So i was wondering about the colored one, I don't want to open it until christmas since its a christmas gift.

Just got back from doing our price adjustment for the TV (purchased last week). They gave us a real hard time about it, saying that they only price adjust certain items and that their computer wasn't letting them do it for the TV. We told them that we called that specific store prior to purchasing and we asked the sales person when purchasing the TV about price adjustments and we were told they would price adjust "if" the TV was on sale within 14 days of purchase including the 2-day sale. They eventually did give us the sale price as a price adjustment, but it was much more difficult than it should have been.

Guess we should have emailed corporate and brought that email with us. Next time...

I brought my corporate e-mail with me, but I had no problems on my PA for the Olevia 37", and the beautiful thing is that on BF everyone was so busy shopping that there was no line at guest relations!

I'm sorry to hear that they gave you a hard time, that's ridiculous, every Target should know their corporate policy, doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for them to know!

One thing that might have been the problem is that there seems to be some confusion as to whether the price adjustment is on items that go down in price the same week or within 14 days. I think it has to be bought the same week but you have 14 days to price adjust it if it went down in price in less than a week. Might have been your problem...

Yeah.. I just got the colored box one for my Dad and hooked it up for him and everything. There are definitely 2 HDMI ports in the back of mine.

at my target they mixed up the boxes and in some of the brown boxes were 42" tv's rather than the 37" so peopel were buying them then getting angry at the checkout when they found out that there were some 42" ones mixed in by accident.

at my target there weren't piles of tv's like in walmart for everyone to grab and put in a cart..they lined one aisle with shopping carts and there was 1 tv in each shopping cart so all we had to do was grab a cart with a TV already in it! (thats where the 42" ones were mixed in)

was it like this at anyone elses Target??