What to do to pass the hours waiting outside.

heavenlyvalo

Suppose to be 20 here during the wee hours of Black Friday! Glad I bought that tent at Target for 75% off. What kind of heater can I use safely in a tent??

My daughter, daughter-in-law and I plan out our Black Friday adventure with the same zest our male love ones plan out their deer hunting trips. We read and re-read Gottadeal for all the best advise. While we are waiting the hours away we re-hash our plans.

We always have a great time in the Black Friday lines at Best Buy. To me it is like a big tail gate party without all the booze! Everyone makes friends, shares food, and plays word games. I always try to have extra ads to share. They are passed up and down the lines, but they always get returned. It is amazing how many people will show up without knowing what is on sale!

My mom, her crazy friend and I always go... I usually drop them off at another store and then I go get in line some place else, bymyself... we always take all kinds of adds with us and make sure our cells are charged... we meet strangers in the lines and make new friends, we then make calls back and forth to make sure that I get what they want and they get what I want... My mom's friend has a peeing problem so we always like to get her laughing (a lady with a peeing problem, waiting in a BF line and laughing is always entertaining:sidesplit )... Anyways throughout the day it is always fun when we run into pple we met to see if they are getting all of their goodies.... OMG... I am so excited about BF, this is like Christmas eve for adults...lol... :holiday08

Suppose to be 20 here during the wee hours of Black Friday! Glad I bought that tent at Target for 75% off. What kind of heater can I use safely in a tent??

My daughter, daughter-in-law and I plan out our Black Friday adventure with the same zest our male love ones plan out their deer hunting trips. We read and re-read Gottadeal for all the best advise. While we are waiting the hours away we re-hash our plans.

We always have a great time in the Black Friday lines at Best Buy. To me it is like a big tail gate party without all the booze! Everyone makes friends, shares food, and plays word games. I always try to have extra ads to share. They are passed up and down the lines, but they always get returned. It is amazing how many people will show up without knowing what is on sale!

Coleman has some small propane heaters that are safe for tents. I am using one like this;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coleman-Quadcat-Propane-Catalytic-Heater-golf-cart-WA_W0QQitemZ300171495256QQihZ020QQcategoryZ16039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Stay Warm!

Tim

Last year my brother, cousin, and I ordered pizza at about 11PM and had it delivered to the "red tent in the Best Buy parking lot."

Brilliant! I had not thought of that. I wil lhave to see how late I could order - midnight would be great. Hoping DW will bring me a turkey plate around 6 PM on her way home from her parents! Midnight would be anice time for pizza!!

Tim

Would someone please explain to me how you all set up tents on concrete ???? Thanks!

No need for stakes - just place some weight inside the tent - unless it is really windy it will be secure enough. By 'weight' I mean an air mattress, some blankets, and yourself! My tent is just a small 2 person - there are two poles that criss cross and form the 'dome' - completely self supporting/standing.

I plan on putting down a moving blanket on the concrete and then the tent. Might be a bit warmer.

Tim

Guest imtehshiit

I have a quick question.

What's the best time to go? Last year I went with some family to a nearby walmart @ 6am and like it was crowded. Then around 8am, there was a mad rush for the door and stuff.

This year though, we're going to Bestbuy but I hear it's gonna be really crazy. Like what time would be the best time to leave and get a good spot in line. Also, do a lot of the really good deals come out on thanksgiving day?

Not going to do this, but saw 2 guys run a long extension cord from the restaurant that is next to the Best Buy and hook up a PS2 and a small tube tv. They even brought a small table to sit everything on. Since it might rain this year, I wish them the best of luck if they try it again.

Probably use a portable DVD player, IPOD and just hang out with friends.

What time you getting in line at Best Buy? I am in the St. Louis area also

I have a quick question.

What's the best time to go? Last year I went with some family to a nearby walmart @ 6am and like it was crowded. Then around 8am, there was a mad rush for the door and stuff.

This year though, we're going to Bestbuy but I hear it's gonna be really crazy. Like what time would be the best time to leave and get a good spot in line. Also, do a lot of the really good deals come out on thanksgiving day?

If you are going to Best Buy and want the ticket items.. you are going to need to get in line Thanksgiving day

Guest imtehshiit

ooh thanks

I'm thinking of going after the $229 toshiba laptop w/ printer, but I'm probably not going to get it unless I leave at like 6pm on thanks giving. bleh. Is it possible to order it online at like 12am on the 22nd?

I usually get to our local best Buy at 1 or 2 pm on Thanksgiving day. This year I might have to get there earlier around noon. I usually bring a small generator, a 27 inch tv with a stand, Xbox, laptop computer and several games/dvds. I watch all the football games in the afternoon/night and then play games or watch movies the rest of the time. It keeps me and everyone else around me entertained. Also, by providing entertainment for those around me, they usually let me out of line to go to a restaurant for dinner :)

I usually get to our local best Buy at 1 or 2 pm on Thanksgiving day. This year I might have to get there earlier around noon. I usually bring a small generator, a 27 inch tv with a stand, Xbox, laptop computer and several games/dvds. I watch all the football games in the afternoon/night and then play games or watch movies the rest of the time. It keeps me and everyone else around me entertained. Also, by providing entertainment for those around me, they usually let me out of line to go to a restaurant for dinner :)

Wish you lived in NE Ohio! Have fun! :)

Tim

No need for stakes - just place some weight inside the tent - unless it is really windy it will be secure enough. By 'weight' I mean an air mattress, some blankets, and yourself! My tent is just a small 2 person - there are two poles that criss cross and form the 'dome' - completely self supporting/standing.

I plan on putting down a moving blanket on the concrete and then the tent. Might be a bit warmer.

Tim

Thanks!

What time you getting in line at Best Buy? I am in the St. Louis area also

As hard as it may be to believe, there are still a few RAM fans in Springfield MO this year!!!:yup:

The Best Buy in Springfield can get a lot of people in line...how about the ones in St. Louis. What area is the best to shop in in St. Louis? We still haven't decided what time to get in line yet. We were in last year around 4 and were able to get everything we wanted. What time will you get in line?

Last year I got there about 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. Live around the corner from BB so my neighbors & I took turns running home to go to the restroom, about 10:30, called DH, he brought us hot chocolate, chairs, a table, phase 10 cards, notebooks & pen. We played cards all night.

Going with same neighbors this year, same plan. I would love to watch movies but my battery I don't think would last that long.

As hard as it may be to believe, there are still a few RAM fans in Springfield MO this year!!!:yup:

The Best Buy in Springfield can get a lot of people in line...how about the ones in St. Louis. What area is the best to shop in in St. Louis? We still haven't decided what time to get in line yet. We were in last year around 4 and were able to get everything we wanted. What time will you get in line?

I was hoping to get in line Thanksgiving Day also, however I am not going to be able to now. I am really bumbed out. I really wanted a Laptop for my little one. But.. in the past I have gotten in line at 5 on Thanksgiving Day and gotten everything also

Brilliant! I had not thought of that. I wil lhave to see how late I could order - midnight would be great. Hoping DW will bring me a turkey plate around 6 PM on her way home from her parents! Midnight would be anice time for pizza!!

Tim

They are open till 1 A.M so you should be good :]

I feel bad for you Tim. It is supposed to rain down here so if it does that will s****. Hoping it will rain on my bf parade of waiting. Every other year of course its cold and then warm, but hey its FL, heard you'll were supposed to get snowed on to. I'll send you some sun and warmth.