What to do to pass the hours waiting outside.

heavenlyvalo

I know we have a thread on what to take with you but what about what you do to pass the time waiting for the store to open? Do you talk on your cell phone? Watch a movie on a portable DVD player? Read? Talk to other people or can you just stand and wait?

Personally Christy & I eat our breakfest, do our make-up, confirm our plan 50 million times, talk to people in line, and watch a portable DVD player if I feel safe enough. Magazines are great but you have to have light to read. And while you need one for make-up it only takes like 30 mins to do it.... I had back surgery earlier this year so I will have a chair to sit in!

Man I do wish I had an iPhone or Ipod touch. But I think the portable DVD player will work well. I can't just stand for hours. I have ADHD and Christy is 13. If we try to just stand there we will get very bored. Someone could get hurt.... Well maybe not hurt but annoyed atleast.

Man I do wish I had an iPhone or Ipod touch. But I think the portable DVD player will work well. I can't just stand for hours. I have ADHD and Christy is 13. If we try to just stand there we will get very bored. Someone could get hurt.... Well maybe not hurt but annoyed atleast.

LOL, come wait with me! While I'm not ADHD, Im very entertaining to say the least :)

First thing i do is memorize where i am parking the car:D there is nothing worse than coming out of the store and trying to figure that one out. the parking lot is so empty when you get there. then we usually just chit chat, comment on the crowd as they walk by to get in line..like "boy she is gonna freeze" "shorts in this weather" "wet hair, good luck with that" lol

You guys are funny. :tongue1:

I always talk to the people in line around me. I have acutally been in line with the same person two years in a row. It is crazy how nice &friendly people can be at 4am!:tired:

But once the doors open and ya'll trample each other - the niceness is over ... right? :P (kidding)

This is our first year to Black Friday (not including Walmart) because the stores are 40 minutes away from us (except Walmart). Should be interesting .... thanks for the tips to pass time.

not sure yet...gonna take the MP3 player, DSlite, and a friend lol. Where is a good place to DL stuff to watch? I only have a 1gig card in my mp3 player...I dunno how many shows that would hold. (Its a video player as well....re-read & it didnt make sense lol)

Try Amazon Unbox. You can buy episodes of your favorite tv shows for 1.99. You can also rent or buy movies. They have music as well.

Try Amazon Unbox. You can buy episodes of your favorite tv shows for 1.99. You can also rent or buy movies. They have music as well.

try mininova.org there free ;) now thats a deal...then get a converter from the site. Avi to (whatever you want)(ipod,iphone,etc...)

I live in a rual area and for the past 2 years all I have done is just go to the local Superwalmart thats open 24 hours.(Big shopping area is like ahour away) it nice that I dont have to stay outside and the people are allways soo nice. I usually just chit chat with other moms in the store as we wait for 5am to roll around.

Usually just talk to people in line.. It's fun hearing what people are there for. And usually, the past 6 years now, my mom and dad have been coming out shopping with me. And my best friend shops in a different town so we call each other and see if we needed something and if we did we would get it for one another, so we kinda have a system with that...

I want to wait in line with the guy bringing the tent and the heater! I live in Northern NY and it's calling for temps in the low 20's or below! I brought a huge tank sized dispenser of coffee and 4 dozen donuts one year and sold them from the front of the line. I donated all the money to toys for tots. THey had a huge truck set up outside collecting on black friday. But they only did it once so I haven't done it since then either... I should do that again. hehe

I want to wait in line with the guy bringing the tent and the heater! I live in Northern NY and it's calling for temps in the low 20's or below! I brought a huge tank sized dispenser of coffee and 4 dozen donuts one year and sold them from the front of the line. I donated all the money to toys for tots. THey had a huge truck set up outside collecting on black friday. But they only did it once so I haven't done it since then either... I should do that again. hehe

:D It is suppose to be 30 with snow showers here in Cleveland so my tent and heater will come in handy!

Tim