Ban Wal Mart on Black Friday (Merged)

Hvyarms

I have no reason boycott WalMart. Who really cares if you can't see their ad early??? What does it REALLY matter? As much as people 'Hate' WM, they still save millions of people LOTS of $$$! I shop at WalMart all the time. My budget would be in BIG trouble if it weren't for them. Just my opinion.:cool:

I agree with everything you said. :) Shoot I am at Walmart every week buying stuff. LOL

You guys crack me up. Wal-Mart has every right to protect their sales data information. I do not agree with their effort for the simple fact that it could never work but I applaud their efforts.

I also applaud Brad for doing his thing. This site is great and has helped us all find good deals but it's not a right for us to have any information prior to any company wanting it released. So companies don't care and that's find, others do and that's fine also.

But this constant crying about big bad Wal-Mart is just funny.

Thank you for your imput MR. Simley!;)

I live in a town where the only store is Walmart and a grocery store. I'm not going to drive an hour to get to the next closest stores. I've seen the ad also, and there are a couple of things there I'm interested in.

To say I never bought anything at Wal-Mart would be a lie. But I never go out of my way to get anything there. I cannot wait for the Super Target to open near my home. Wal-Mart is and always will be a giant thrift store!!!

BOYCOTT WAL-MART ON BLACK FRIDAY --- AND IF THEY ARE SELLING SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANT, TAKE THE AD TO A COMPETITOR FOR A PRICE MATCH!!!

You have it all wrong. You need to pricematch at walmart in order to give them more loss leaders, instead of punishing other stores by lowering their profit margin.:smart:

********************EVERYONE READ THIS POST***********************

Folks, please pay attention.

Regardless of if you see the WM BF ad (or "rumors" about it) on other sites, please DO NOT:

- post links to other sites that have information about the WM BF ad

- post information about the actual WM BF ad, even if it's falsely disguised as "rumors"

- offer to e-mail or PM others with information about the WM BF ad

- request others e-mail or PM you with information about the WM BF ad

- post that you have seen the WM BF ad or that it has been leaked post links to those sites or post the contents of the ad until 11/19.

You can get banned, the moderators have already had to do so. If you cherish your membership here on GottaDeal, then follow the rules, please.

I suggest that EVERYONE reads the following thread! Refer to this post from Brad for more information:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=88194

I still haven't seen the walmart ad and it is making me nuts.. If I go there like anywhere it will be because they have the best deals on things I need. Right now I am not really happy with any of the ads this year.

If the cnn thing was right, then the other lists were likely authentic & it definitely wasn't what I was wishing for.

Guest Mom1979

You have it all wrong. You need to pricematch at walmart in order to give them more loss leaders, instead of punishing other stores by lowering their profit margin.:smart:

See that's my line of thinking, heeheheh! :smirk::rolleyes:

I've disliked Walmart since long before this. But everything I've read here today just made me realize more so why I dislike them so much.

Yep, another one boycotting here. I was talking to a couple of girlfriends tonight and they were shocked at the crud Walmart is pulling over this. So they decided to not even go either (and one I've converted over to Target shopping anyway). ;)

i've tried to boycott.......but "it" keeps calling me.....i wake up in the middle of the night with cold sweats with visions of the "yellow smiley face" and the words "roll back" flashing above it....sometimes i get the "shakes" while trying to log onto this site just to see new WM "rumors" ...2 weeks ago when the secret $348 laptop deal was getting ready to start i swore to myself that i would'nt bother with it.......but sure enough at 4am...i was up getting ready to go stand in line......but i can quit whenever i want to ....

ps..please tell me im not alone........lmao

Oh, I'm right there with ya, billcraig....I'm sure I can stop at any time. Right???? I mean, I only go there twice a week because I want to. Not because I NEED to!!??!! I am blessed enough to be able to stay home with my kids, but our budget is tight. Necessity forces me to shop where I can get the most product for the least $. It's great to have these grand visions of a perfect world where all retailers play nicely together in the sandbox, but the reality is that more and more these days, families are forced to give their money to the corporation that can give the most back in return. End of story.

Walmart is the only store in my town to shop at. We have nothing else other than the grocery store. In any case, I won't be there on BF just because they have nothing at a price I want that day unless they come out with some crazy last minute doorbusters that haven't been circulated yet. Almost everything I was interested in is still the same price as it always is. Can get lots for less elsewhere if you're savvy and know how to work those discount and free shipping codes.

I've disliked Walmart since long before this. But everything I've read here today just made me realize more so why I dislike them so much.

Yep, another one boycotting here. I was talking to a couple of girlfriends tonight and they were shocked at the crud Walmart is pulling over this. So they decided to not even go either (and one I've converted over to Target shopping anyway). ;)

yet what target did was far more damning to the site.

They pulled the affiliate sponsership which is what pays for ti.

Wal-mart gave a heads up to everyone not to post. Target did not.

Now if you want to shop target because they are nicer, have better proctucts, better prices fine. I live in MN where Target is based. The wal-marts here pay more, have better health options, and better pricing, although I can not speak for the rest of the country.

I will continue to shop who provides me the betst value (which is not always the best price)

For me Wal Mart is usually my first stop on BF...well this year it will be my last stop (yeah I will still go)...

Usually I am going for the DVD's, but based on past experience the good ones are gone within minutes (the $2-$3 or something like that) and they still have plenty of the higher priced ones ($4-$5) which can also be found online.

I, too, hated Walmart before they did this, so I don't really care about their ad or when they show it to me. Quite frankly I can get their low-quality towels & bathrobes 364 days a year. :snicker: Ohhhhhhhh, I can only hope they offer those STELLAR deals again this year. :yuck:

Walmart is a crappy store, with rude customer service & poor-quality merchandise..maybe they should worry about giving all of their employees benefits & treating customers with respect instead of worrying about the American public finding out about their big, secret TOWEL sales a week early.

We should boycott Walmart all year long, if you want to "punish" them for how they are and what they stand for. They've done enough damage in our world...I miss the smaller stores in my hometown.

Walmart has nothing that I can't get at my local home-owned grocery store....Their pet foods are poor quality CRAP, so I buy those at Tractor Supply...I can get detergent, soap, & everything else at the grocery store.

Why go to Walmart? Ever??

Ban Walmart LOL That is soo funny. No really if they dont have what I want i wont go but If there is some thing even if only 1 thing I will go because its fun and hey walmart is only 15 min away from me unlike the other major stores which are a hour away. So who will get my business the store i can make a quick trip to or the a hour away wher I have to fight more people. UH I think I will stick to Good ol Wally world :)