Ban Wal Mart on Black Friday (Merged)

Hvyarms

My proposal is simple... all BF shoppers this year UNITE and BAN shopping at Wal Mart on BF.

Two simple reasons:

Reason One - They are a horrible corporation that muscles honest sites like GottaDeal into succumbing to their legal team (see the Wal Mart ad - posting ban).

Reason Two - Based on leaks they weren't able to stop, their deals suck. You can find comparable stuff elsewhere and you will be supporting the cause.

If you agree with the ban and will not shop at Wal Mart on BF please reply to this post. Sticky this if possible!

- Hvyarms

Honestly- no one has posted a decent Nintendo DS price. Truthfully looking at my list it is getting shorter and shorter this year. The Nintendo DS will be a sticking point- if Wal-Mart has a decent price- then I can't boycott- otherwise unless something major is there I plan on not wasting my time.

If I boycott walmart, then I basically won't be going black friday shopping at all.

Does it suck that they won't let sites post their ad? Absolutely. Target cancelled GD's affiliate program, which was far more damaging than sending a pre-emptive C&D letter. Will you be boycotting them, too?

You guys crack me up. Wal-Mart has every right to protect their sales data information. I do not agree with their effort for the simple fact that it could never work but I applaud their efforts.

I also applaud Brad for doing his thing. This site is great and has helped us all find good deals but it's not a right for us to have any information prior to any company wanting it released. So companies don't care and that's find, others do and that's fine also.

But this constant crying about big bad Wal-Mart is just funny.

Target is far worse IMO. At least Wal Mart gave a heads up that they would pull affliate links if posted, Target did not and pulled the links.

ditto to that.

i'm not happy with either company. but honestly i'm on a budget. and for me it's who has the deals. wal-mart didn't have anything i wanted and i doubt they'll price match the items i see at other stores (bogo etc). For that reason, and the fact that there is no craft dept and i don't want to deal with the crazies there - i'm skipping them.

but i can't call it a boycot - if they had what i needed, or would price match the items i need i'd definately be in line.

You guys crack me up. Wal-Mart has every right to protect their sales data information. I do not agree with their effort for the simple fact that it could never work but I applaud their efforts.

I also applaud Brad for doing his thing. This site is great and has helped us all find good deals but it's not a right for us to have any information prior to any company wanting it released. So companies don't care and that's find, others do and that's fine also.

But this constant crying about big bad Wal-Mart is just funny.

:yup:

I am not going to boycott neither. I have no problems with Wal-Mart. I am out to get the best deal so in my opinion who ever has it will get my money.

Ditto. I don't think most people think it is that big of a deal that walmart chose to not have their ad shown. People want the best deals and that's where they'll go. I mean what would we do without this site? What if no BF ads were shown early?? We'd all still be buying newspapers and getting our plan together the day before.

To say I never bought anything at Wal-Mart would be a lie. But I never go out of my way to get anything there. I cannot wait for the Super Target to open near my home. Wal-Mart is and always will be a giant thrift store!!!

BOYCOTT WAL-MART ON BLACK FRIDAY --- AND IF THEY ARE SELLING SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANT, TAKE THE AD TO A COMPETITOR FOR A PRICE MATCH!!!

I refuse to boycott any store over something as petty as this & to me it is petty. I will be at Walmart on Black Friday. I have seen the ad & there are some things I want that I don't have & think is a bargain for me. Boycotting a store over not seeing a sale ad early is just ridiculous IMO.

I don't shop at Wal-Mart. They sell the lowest quality merchandise of any store around. I had rather spend a couple more dollars for the quality than to get their cheap junk and have to replace it in 30 days or less. I didn't go there last BF and I certainly won't be there this year either.

I have no reason boycott WalMart. Who really cares if you can't see their ad early??? What does it REALLY matter? As much as people 'Hate' WM, they still save millions of people LOTS of $$$! I shop at WalMart all the time. My budget would be in BIG trouble if it weren't for them. Just my opinion.:cool: