Aqua Dot recall (merged)

taegan

Does anyone know if you can return it w/o the box? My dd got it for her birthday in October. Of course we have no receipt and no box. I'm not going to have these in my home. My son swallowed a penny last month - he'll put ANYTHING in his mouth - im not taking ANY chances.

I'm getting very fed up with all these toy companies. How could they not know that putting that drug in the beads would be a potentially DEADLY problem!?!?! I'm very angry.

Well I just ordered these from target and My daughter has the starter set!! I am throwing the starter set out that she has already played with! and i have a 3 yr old daughter who likes to help and put things in her MOUTH!! OMG I woulda been so upset if something happend and Im immediatley taking the ones I ordered back to the store!! This is getting so out of hand! Im beginning to wonder if this isnt intentional!

I believe they were recalled in Australia on Friday....USA didn't post the recall at the same time!!!

I was wondering why more wasn't being made of all these recalls...sanctions, fines, or something against China...well wonder no more...we, the grand ol' USA made a 'deal' with China and they will be erasing some of the debt we owe them for not pulling all their products off the shelves or implementing new testing on ALL products from China! SWEET huh?

Got to love politics!!!!

They were on the top of my dd6 list for Christmas. I could not find them anywhere. Yest my mom seen atleast 15 of them on the shelf and got one. Now she has to take it back. UGH my dd is going to be upset, but I rather have her safe. I don't think I will be buying any toys that are made from China this holiday season. This is scary.

Spin Master issued a recall in the US as a precaution after 2 kids in Austrailia. As I understand they are in the process of doing testing on ones in the US. According to a website they will have those results within a few days.

We don't have any small kids in our house so I am going to let my DD play with them, until we get the replacement beads.

These are reommended for ages 4 and up. I can understand with smaller kids in the house, but also smaller kids should not be playing with these or putting any small toy in their mouth regardless.

Guest caminitorinaldo

i have these too (bought the end of Oct for DD's b-day)

i still have the box for the opened product and a refill pack

can you take them back ANYHWERE?

i have a wally and target close to me

so i guess i will try and see what happens.

i'm disgusted too

DATE RAPE DRUG? in a child's product???

come ON.

Spin Master issued a recall in the US as a precaution after 2 kids in Austrailia. As I understand they are in the process of doing testing on ones in the US. According to a website they will have those results within a few days.

We don't have any small kids in our house so I am going to let my DD play with them, until we get the replacement beads.

These are reommended for ages 4 and up. I can understand with smaller kids in the house, but also smaller kids should not be playing with these or putting any small toy in their mouth regardless.

the article I read said

"Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia were hospitalized after swallowing the beads. " http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/toy-containing-date-rape-drug-pulled/20071107211109990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

it isn't something I would take a chance with IMO no matter what the age.. also if you read that article it says one of the cases was with a 10 yr old

One of the kids that was hospitalized was 10, so kids of all ages put things in their mouths. I personally wouldn't want my kids 11 and 12 playing with these, what if their hands are wet etc and the chemical gets onto their hands and is ingested that way? I am surprised though these were not tested as to the possibility of chemical release if swallowed. I was just looking at these for the kids too, glad I didn't buy them.

My daughter got 2 sets of these for her b-day in Oct and loves them SOOO much! I pulled up the recall page for the company and tried to call them but got a recording saying that the office is closed and to call back during business hours (9am-9pm)...I just called at 3:50pm! So annoyed. My daughter is about to cry that I'm taking away her favorite toy...do you guys know there is only ONE person testing kids toys for safety?!?!?! The commission was offered extra money to hire more testers and refused to do so. I'm disgusted right now, and my daughter is the one suffering from their stupidity.

OK, I called ToysRUS and they said they were taking them back (yes, they are recalled in the US)...So we drove over, they gave us merchandise credit for them...great, except when we picked a new toy and checked out there was $.78 leftover and they refused to just give us $.78!!! Instead they left it on the merchandise card...come on now ToysRUs! That is just terrible.

OK, I called ToysRUS and they said they were taking them back (yes, they are recalled in the US)...So we drove over, they gave us merchandise credit for them...great, except when we picked a new toy and checked out there was $.78 leftover and they refused to just give us $.78!!! Instead they left it on the merchandise card...come on now ToysRUs! That is just terrible.

A lot of stores do that now. I have a few Walmart gift cards with a few cents on them, like I remember to use them for 45 cents or such.

Guest caminitorinaldo

i called Toys R Us and they said they would take them back and give a "gift card" for the store.

i ended up going to Target and i had to use one of my "no reciept" returns (annoyed) but my DD wanted to get something else w/ the money she would get and the option i gave her was Target (and we'd been running around all day)

so i took it.

got 21.xx and some change for the starter set and one of the refill packages in a design shape.

so i am fine w/ that.

wal-mart would have been easier to return to though, i think.

My daughter REALLY wanted this toy and Spinmaster is offering to replace the beads on the recall. What do you you think of the replacement beads, would you try it? This really sucks because it was the only toy she was really excited about this christmas.

either you can take what you have to any store that sells/sold them as long as you have most of the parts

or you call the company (google "aqua dot recall") and they will send you a box/envelope to send it back and they will send you a replacement or a toy voucher good at any retailler, you usually don't have to have any of the packaging

I would think (HOPE) the replacement beads would be fine

I saw that Target has this in their BF ad...

And they are recalled in the US

Thanks a lot for posting this. My 9 year old daughter wanted this so bad and I was planning on getting it for her for Christmas. It's disgusting that CHILDREN are paying the price for greedy toy companies who want cheaper labor in China. :mad: