Cricut Bundle @ Joanne.com~Great Price!!

scrapfor4

FYI.......If you look around the Cricut can be found cheaper. I've seen them for $159.00 I got my Cricut last year when it first came out.. and I paid $189.

Provo Craft has the NEW machine called the Expression which cuts bigger up to 24" and is better than the the original Cricut and they are going for $300. I hope Santa brings me the Expression.. otherwise I'm getting it for my birthday in March.;) .LOL

The original Cricut comes only with George and can be found for the $159 price point but this machine comes with an extra Cart and mat.

The extra cart is Doodletype which has been fairly highly sought after by many Cricut owners as it was an exclusive to just QVC for the past year.

There are definite pluses and minuses to both machines the Cricut and the Expression it all depends on what you need.

I love my original Cricut, it suits my needs perfectly---just the right size for me. The bundle is a great deal, too! If you already have the Cricut, Doodletype will be avaliable for purchase soon, so will a Paper Dolls cartridge that looks wonderful. I've got that and the Design software on my Christmas list, but I will likely order it myself--I know where to get the bargins, DH doesn't.....

I love my original Cricut, it suits my needs perfectly---just the right size for me. The bundle is a great deal, too! If you already have the Cricut, Doodletype will be avaliable for purchase soon, so will a Paper Dolls cartridge that looks wonderful. I've got that and the Design software on my Christmas list, but I will likely order it myself--I know where to get the bargins, DH doesn't.....

LOL exactly....My family said they will buy me carts.. I said OH NO.... I have a girl I go thru and get GREAT deals.

I'm going to but the software also. I like the Expression, but I can't justify buying another, even thou hubby said go for it..LOL My friend has the Expression so if I need something before then i can get it cut from her.

Yes I agree about the carts.. they will be available without having to buy any bundles... I've waited this long.. whats a few more months.

• 4 weeks later...

I did a search about Cricut machine and came up with this post.

I wanted to send a message to someone in California area, but apparently I can't do that yet.

So hopefully, someone can help me.

I live in Australia and will be visiting the USA in 2 weeks time. I wanted to know where the cheapest place in the Anaheim or Ontario Mills area would be to buy a Cricut machine and cartridges, accessories etc. Would a store in one of these areas let me buy it and then collect it later on. We are on a six week holiday but are travelling around a lot of areas and I would like to leave until the last couple of days before I collect it, but I don't want to miss out either.

I would rather "buy" it and lug it around than miss out, they are 3 times the price over here to buy.

I had heard that Walmart sell them, does anyone know which Walmarts in this area would stock them?

Thanks

Check your local Walmart. Mine still had them for $119 today. I have a QK Silhouette...more $$$ upfront, but I don't have to worry about cartridges. Still, if I had wanted a Cricut, I would've picked it up at Walmart. Someone else on the board said they found one today at their Walmart marked down to $89.

I did a search about Cricut machine and came up with this post.

I wanted to send a message to someone in California area, but apparently I can't do that yet.

So hopefully, someone can help me.

I live in Australia and will be visiting the USA in 2 weeks time. I wanted to know where the cheapest place in the Anaheim or Ontario Mills area would be to buy a Cricut machine and cartridges, accessories etc. Would a store in one of these areas let me buy it and then collect it later on. We are on a six week holiday but are travelling around a lot of areas and I would like to leave until the last couple of days before I collect it, but I don't want to miss out either.

I would rather "buy" it and lug it around than miss out, they are 3 times the price over here to buy.

I had heard that Walmart sell them, does anyone know which Walmarts in this area would stock them?

Thanks

I have heard about the prices over there, I belong to a Cricut website and the girls are always talking about it. They buy thru one of the girls who sells the cartridges.

I live in NW Illinois and our Wal-mart has them.

I hope you are able to find one, maybe online?? You will love your Cricut.. I love mine!

I would love to buy one but I don't have time to scrapbook so I guess it would be a waste of time. Where do you all find the time? Are you all stay out home moms? I'm sad that I can't scrapbook!:(

Yes, I do find that scrapbooking interferes with my soaps and eating bon bons :rolleyes:

I would love to buy one but I don't have time to scrapbook so I guess it would be a waste of time. Where do you all find the time? Are you all stay out home moms? I'm sad that I can't scrapbook!:(

LOL. Absolutely not! I'm a single mom who works FT+, not to mention playing chaffeur to dd's activities and social life. I grab time when I can. I'm a night owl, so I get pages done late at night while I'm watching tv. Also, on the weekends after Saturday morning football, karate, and whatever else she's got going at the time, sometimes we get together with her friends and their moms...we scrapbook while the kids play together. Trust me, it's not easy, and I sometimes go weeks without completing any pages. But when I can carve out scrapbooking time I give myself permission not to create masterpieces for every page. That way I get more pages done in a shorter amount of time. Also, I keep a sketch pad with me and I sketch out a lot of my layouts ahead of time so that when I have time to scrap I don't have to spend a lot of time brainstorming.

HTH.

• 3 months later...
walmart in mill hall ,pa had them last sunday for 284.oo i got the personal one this year for christmas and just love it i hunt for cart on sale all the time i do not scrapbook but have a in home day care and the little one love to make pics out of all the pieces that i 'practice' cutting out

The paper dolls is already out. I used it a few weeks ago. It's cute but you it seems like all you do is keep shoving the paper in. I have the original cricut that I got on BF last year for $119 and it came with 2 fonts.

I've only done a little scrapbooking, but want to do more, with this system do you have to have cartridges for every little thing or does it come with them, and can you free hand,

Thanks

You need cartridges. You should try the Wishblade or the Silhouette. They are both the same. I've had the Silhouette for several months. I got a great deal on QVC, and I still haven't made a dent in all the cardstock that came with it or even used the $200 download card (QVC says it's good for up to 40 images, but QK recently dropped the price per download so it will be more).

The learning curve is definitely steeper for this machine than the Cricut. If you're a geek (like me), it doesn't take long to get to know the softwaren anyway. My favorite part is not needing cartridges. I can cut any font on my pc, and there's lots of great free fonts on the web. I also like that I could weld words right out of the box (you have to purchase the software separately in order to weld with Cricut). I download and cut clipart and my own designs. I use Photoshop and the Software that came with the machine and can create almost anything.

Now, don't get me wrong. There's something to be said for the Cricut. I've used it before, and it is very easy to use. Much easier than the machines I mentioned. However, if you really wish to free hand designs and don't mind learning the software, then the WB or Sil is the way to go IMHO.

HTH