What would you sacrifice to shop on BF?

onecutemoocow

Sleep time and money. Dinner.. well thats debatible. My sister is cooking this year. She can NOT cook. I might be better off setting in the parkinglot at BB.. LOL.. I see my family ALL the time they eat at my house ALL the time. SO to me no big deal about that.. They live within a block of me..

I work in a grocery store. It is extremely busy the day before Thanksgiving and a ghost town on BF. Wednesday is my normal day off. I offered to "give up" my Wednesday off and take BF off instead, to help them out of course! LOL. My boss was so grateful I would be willing to do that . I gain a few Brownie points, and only lose some sleep. It works for me!

I sacrifice sleep. Luckily I asked for Black Friday off back in January, so I knew that I was going to get it off. There are only 4 of us where I work, and if one of the ladies can take the entire week of Christmas off I sure the heck could take BF off! I use it as my Personal Day, which comes out of my sick leave anyway. If I didn't have the day off, I would still go, but everyone at work would be sacrificing their sanity because I'd be an overtired, cranky, moody woman.

I sacrifice some sleep and usually a pretty good chunk of money. However, there's one thing I won't sacrifice - my Thanksgiving with my family.

In today's hectic world, there only about two days that people pause and take a break from the madness - Thanlsgiving and Christmas. They are the two days each year that at least in my case the family can get togther, visit, work together on the dinner, and just enjoy each other's company. Even Easter has kind of lost this purpose, at least in our area. On Thanksgiving itself, I may hit KMart real early if they have something good, but the rest of the day is family time. I'm sorry, but there's no bargain that BB or WM could offer that would make me consider giving up my Thanksgiving to wait 12+ hours in line for.

Same here.

Sleep. I try to nap on Turkey Day, and then I try to nap around 11PM and cant do it. Then I end up standing inline around 3AM.

I was lucky a few times to convince my boss to let me start work at noon or 1pm that day since small hardware stores are generally dead. Last year I requested the day off so I could sleep. My new job doesnt have a specific start time so its game on this year! lol

So in short I sacrifice sleep

I guess I can say I sacrifice sleep. I stay up all night so I can easily get out, plus I'm looking at online deals too. People have ruined the fun of the day for me now since it's so many that get out. Not just a few years ago it was lots of fun and you wouldn't see huge lines until closer to 5:00am. Now you have people willing to camp out for days just to say a dime. It's just crazy. Due to these type of people, the stores are responding by not having as good of deals as they used to.

sleep... i have to work on thanksgiving 7am-7pm, get home at 8pm, go through the deals till 10pm. and out the door at 2am. we don't have a turkey dinner (all the family lives out of state and celebrate with others so me and the kids do ours on tues or wed) AND i give up the option of having any other holidays off (i ususally work x-mas or new years) just so i can have BF off. but the kids are all about getting great deals and who am i to say "no we aren't going to save money"...i say BRING ON THE DEALS!!! me and the kids are ready!

Just the birth of my child. My C section was gonna be scheduled for that Friday and I begged my dr to put off doing it until Monday.

Since his wife is a BF shopper he is gonna go ahead and do it on Saturday, since he understands.

:eyepoppin WOW! That there earns you my admiration!

Btw, I hope you have a healthy baby and a smooth birth. Congrats early. Care to share if you know, will it be a girl or boy?

Last 5 years I lived in Sheridan Arkansas, to shop we had to go to Little Rock which is 45 min's away. So that means up at 3am and out of the house within 20 min's to stand in line at Walmart. Then to Target. This year we moved back to KC, I have a new job and I had to pull every string there is and beg, beg, and beg. And I won so I will be out with everyone again this year.....CANNOT WAIT:cheesy:

Just the birth of my child. My C section was gonna be scheduled for that Friday and I begged my dr to put off doing it until Monday.

Since his wife is a BF shopper he is gonna go ahead and do it on Saturday, since he understands.

THAT is dedication! :eyepoppin LOL! My son was born Tuesday before Thanksgiving last year and I begged my OB to induce a week later, no go. But I sent my husband out anyways! LOL! Good luck and congrats on the new baby!

I only sacrifice sleep and usually warmth, since its generally cold here in the Ohio Valley. My dh did sacrifice a whole week of vacation so we could go shopping on BF! He should have worked a 24 hour shift that day, but wanted to go shopping so he took a whole week of vacation. I think I have the worlds best husband! :gdinlove:

For me just sleep! I am a SAHM so I dont have to work and so my only thing is getting my MIL to watch my 2 oldest while me and my 8 month old head off to go shopping. Although I am considering leaving him with her as well. not sure how that will go as He is BF(not even in a bottle) and VERY attached to mommy.

I don't have to get much this year. Last year, I got the day off. My boss was really cool about it. It all comes down to what Walmart has, basically. I'll head down there first and fight for a Wii. If I can't get one then, I'll bide my time until then. Staples, Radio Shack, Sears and JCPenny's afterwards if I got time. I usually get up at 3am and take position.

I WORK IN RETAIL and I might just have to sacrifice my job!

I nicely approached my boss today and told him, since we all work BF am, can I have one of those (electronic thingys) put aside for me? He flatly told me "NO! BF is a Customer Day, and if I am so concerened with getting a deal on BF, I picked the wrong place to work. Customers come first, if there is anything left, then employees can fight over it":shock:

I obviously "chose" the wrong company to work for. Since when, in any retail job, are the employees not the stores BEST CUSTOMER!?!?! We not only spend most of our checks there, but tell fam and friends about thier great deals! I say, as the backbone of retail, us "little men on the totem pole" & "retail slaves" we PROTEST! Can you imagine, if we all boycotted BF and called OUT?!?! :yup:

Im just curious, are there any others like me that work for a company that always puts its customers in front of its employees on BF????