Does anyone go to work AFTER BF early am hours?

floridasun5

I just started a new retail business and therefore, we will need to be open on Black Friday. Our store is not a store that will be doing anything special for BF, so we will just be opening normal store hours at about 10am, but Im wondering if anyone else has the problem of having to work later on in the morning of BF and how you do it? I just dont know about going out to shop at midnight until 5,6,7 am and then having to go straight to work. I think I'd be falling asleep at the counter LOL

Anyone else have to do this? Any tips? How do you handle it?

I own my own retail business. I am lucky that we work by appointment only. I have scheduled my appointments for that Saturday, so I could have all of Black Friday off. My partner isn't into Black Friday so she is taking some appointments that day.

I used to just take the day off but now I will get it off every year because I work at a school :)

Me too, I would take the day off if I worked in an office. I used to run a daycare and I would hire a substitute to come in for me that morning. I also could make it back to work by 8 am. I am good at BF shopping. 33 days to go.:eyepoppin

I am after a new job, and I will be required to work Thanksgiving and the day after. Only six hours each day. I will have time to shop on BF and come home and take a nap before starting work at 1pm. I plan to be home in time to start work at 10am if I am needed.

Last year was the first time I was out long on BF, and that was because I wasn't by myself. This year I will be, and only plan to go to two stores.

My husband does. I am always off thanksgiving and BF. We'll hit the sale w/ the highest ticket item first. TV, computers, etc. We'll get those and my DH will take those items home and lock them in his man cave. I will go back in and look for the smaller items and then head off to the other sales.

It is mandatory that I work on Black Friday because it is one of our busiest days of the year.

:(

Same here, but I plan on doing a late shift.

I'll probably be getting home around 7am, and there is no way I'll be able to function

if I have to open. Unless I fall asleep online and sleep a good 5-6 hours.