Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

I found a phone number that actually rings to a person!

Sarah Clark did the press release when Walmart announced their new CEO, Eduardo Castro-Wright. Anyway here's her info!

[email protected]

Tel: 479-273-8771

I just called this # and was told that they could not comment on this matter except that Walmart is taking legal action against websites using their name. Anyway, she took my name and # and said she would pass it on. In other words, got no where :(

Walmart sucks!!!! .. I hope corporate is reading this because I DO NOT shop there on black fri or any other day and I have a walmart less then a mile from my house.. I will pay higher prices and drive down the road because the way they treat thier employees, customers and thei competiors. This is just another reason I wont give my money to walmart :mad:

I just called this # and was told that they could not comment on this matter except that Walmart is taking legal action against websites using their name. Anyway, she took my name and # and said she would pass it on. In other words, got no where :(

Got similar from 800 number. Hmmm maybe the ad can be posted under another name. Any suggestions?

I must be the lucky one then. I had a NICE conversation with the lady who answered the phone. She was very polite, as was I. If they won't speak about it any more than we have to use the power of the internet (email) and media, so hopefully CNN will bring it up on their headlines tonight.

I emailed them too. I told them a lot of the same things that others here have posted. Last year I did shop Walmart for BF deals. I was very happy not having to go there. If they want shoppers, they need to entice us in. However, maybe another poster is correct, they know the merchandise is not going to be what we want so they don't want us to know that they messed up again.

Guest mariaandjay

I did send a comment to Walmart on the link provided. I let them know that a sale ad is not an invention or secret weapon. And that even if the actual paper was not scanned word of mouth travels faster than anything. I also let them know that walmart was in the past one of the top holiday shopping stores, but for certain reasons it is falling down the ladder. I let them know that by letting gottadeal.com one of the most visited sites for black Friday post their ad early that would be free advertising and more time for people to comparison shop and help walmart climb the ladder.

I hope my few cents helps.

Thanks

Maria

I must be the lucky one then. I had a NICE conversation with the lady who answered the phone. She was very polite, as was I. If they won't speak about it any more than we have to use the power of the internet (email) and media, so hopefully CNN will bring it up on their headlines tonight.

In my email to them, I mentioned I would be contacting the media with my views, and I plan to mention that in my letter to the officers and board of directors. Now I am looking for a few email addresses for media.

We recently received a letter via e-mail from the legal representatives of Wal-Mart. Basically they admitted that they are awful at keeping their information from getting leaked to GottaDeal.com and therefore are threatening to take legal action against the site even before the ad has been posted. At this point we have not decided whether or not the ad will be posted should we receive it early this year.

If you are like us and are disappointed with Wal-Mart's poor decision to threaten legal action against GottaDeal.com and other sites if their Black Friday ad is posted early, feel free to let them know how you feel. You can fill out the Wal-Mart Corporate Site Feedback Form or call them at 1-800-WAL-MART. Their media relations people can also be reached at 1-800-331-0085. Tell them you are unhappy with their decision and you'd like them to reconisider their stance on taking legal action against GottaDeal.com should their Black Friday ad be released early.

Please keep all discussion related to this story in this thread.

So can we pretty please with sugar on top have the email addy of the party who originally contacted you regarding their cranial rectosis?

:D

( I know this would be HIGHLY unappropriate and not a good decision for you to do so, but thought Id try to be light hearted!)

I wont be shopping there BF... nuf said!

So can we pretty please with sugar on top have the email addy of the party who originally contacted you regarding their cranial rectosis?

:D

( I know this would be HIGHLY unappropriate and not a good decision for you to do so, but thought Id try to be light hearted!)

I wont be shopping there BF... nuf said!

The original e-mail was sent by a law firm, not someone at Wal-Mart. They have nothing to do with this other than doing what their client tells them to do.

I just spoke to Susan @ Sarah's office. She was very nice, just wanted to know my first name and state I am calling from. (I had no problem giving that out.) I told her if Walmart takes any kind of legal action, I would be forced to boycott them this holiday season and beyond. Also, that I would email everybody on my personal and business contact list (business is legal. LOL), asking them to do the same.

I told her that gottadeal saved me a lot of money over the years and a lot of the money I did spent (including things I spontaneous purchases in Walmarts on BF, just because the deal was good and I had the ad in advance) went into walmarts coffers. Apparently, whoever in legal came up with the idea to sent out the letter must not shop on BF. Otherwise they would realize that they can only gain customers by leaked ads or speculative postings on websites.

Furthermore, I mentioned the possibility that a lot of people might boycott walmart if the go through with legal action, and IMHO this was not a very marketing friendly decision on their side.

She wanted to know if I have Brads phone no. :g_laughin

I told that they can reach him through the "contact us" on the site.

And at the end, just like with all the other posters that phoned, she told me she would pass on my message to their legal department. And....of course I should keep my eye on the secret sales....LOL. Told her I could not do that, because I rely on gottadeal to get sales info for me, but if they are not even allowed to mention walmart, etc. their deals must be at least 90% off or a "really good" price mistake for me to take advantage of it.

(BTW: She admitted to being a BF shopper)

I sent my feedback as well. Last year, Walmart was my first stop. I had my route planned out a week ahead of time. I'm guessing the people behind this decision are not cooking and cleaning up a meal for thirty on Thanksgiving Day. After I get done, the only thing I want to pour over is my bed:tired:

Jennifer

I just spoke to Susan @ Sarah's office. She was very nice, just wanted to know my first name and state I am calling from. (I had no problem giving that out.) I told her if Walmart takes any kind of legal action, I would be forced to boycott them this holiday season and beyond. Also, that I would email everybody on my personal and business contact list (business is legal. LOL), asking them to do the same.

I told her that gottadeal saved me a lot of money over the years and a lot of the money I did spent (including things I spontaneous purchases in Walmarts on BF, just because the deal was good and I had the ad in advance) went into walmarts coffers. Apparently, whoever in legal came up with the idea to sent out the letter must not shop on BF. Otherwise they would realize that they can only gain customers by leaked ads or speculative postings on websites.

Furthermore, I mentioned the possibility that a lot of people might boycott walmart if the go through with legal action, and IMHO this was not a very marketing friendly decision on their side.

She wanted to know if I have Brads phone no. :g_laughin

I told that they can reach him through the "contact us" on the site.

And at the end, just like with all the other posters that phoned, she told me she would pass on my message to their legal department. And....of course I should keep my eye on the secret sales....LOL. Told her I could not do that, because I rely on gottadeal to get sales info for me, but if they are not even allowed to mention walmart, etc. their deals must be at least 90% off or a "really good" price mistake for me to take advantage of it.

(BTW: She admitted to being a BF shopper)

Susan should get a raise! In my opinion based on the 2 telephone calls I've heard she has handled she has done an excellent job.

Just got off the phone with Sarah and she said that they are very concerned about the number of calls they are receiving and that they will be discussing this. She asked me if I would shop there if they did not go through with their threat. She was polite and seemed concerned and understood our feelings.

I just spoke to Susan @ Sarah's office. She was very nice, just wanted to know my first name and state I am calling from. (I had no problem giving that out.)

Awesome! That's what I needed to know! I'm off to call now :D

Probably wants to ask me to stop having you guys call her all day :P

Like, that would work? :g_laughin Okay, maybe if you asked real nice and told us they were threatening you with harassment or something.