Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Smart Cycle????

384 replies to this topic

#1 Damien9104  OFFLINE  

Damien9104

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 9:40 am

I seen yesterday at my Grand Blanc, MI Walmart that they had marked the smart cycle from 99.99 to 89.99. Still way to high for me but my son wants one of those so bad. He will see it on TV and say "I want that!" It's cute, he's only 3. Back to my point, if anyone has, or see them in the future, cheaper, please let me know!
Thanks everyone.

#2 doublehsmom  OFFLINE  

doublehsmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 10:00 am

My sons godmother gets my son anything that he wants and he asked her for those shoes with wheels in them and hes only 4 so I said NO and then he told her that he wanted the smart cycle and shes like ok I'll get it for him anyways the other night we were talking and shes like I don't think that hes going to get enough use out of it what do you think and I said it goes to age 6 and hes only 4 thats 2 years and shes like but they really mean 5 I was like well you don't have to get it for him.. anyways my son is tiny anways there is nothing to him but I think that he would get a lot of use out of it what do you think?

#3 shopping mom  OFFLINE  

shopping mom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 11:21 am

My DD is four but large for her age. She saw one set up at TRU the other day and rode it for about 15 minutes before I made her get off, then her Sissy took her back to it while I was in line paying for stuff. If your DS is small it looks like it could be a lot of fun. If I had room I would have considered it. I saw one grandmother buying 3 of them!!

#4 proudestmommy  OFFLINE  

proudestmommy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 11:32 am

My DD is four but large for her age. She saw one set up at TRU the other day and rode it for about 15 minutes before I made her get off, then her Sissy took her back to it while I was in line paying for stuff. If your DS is small it looks like it could be a lot of fun. If I had room I would have considered it. I saw one grandmother buying 3 of them!!

I don't know if they still have them, but Kohl's online only did have them for $64.99. Then there is a code for 30% off if you use your Kohl's charge card. That was making them $42.xx and if you spend $75 or more, it was free shipping. Again, this was last week or the week before, something like that so I'm not sure if they still have them, but it's definitally worth checking into. My Dad got one for my 3 year old but he doesn't get it till Christmas! :P

#5 amberc  OFFLINE  

amberc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 11:56 am

It is not available anymore at Kohl's.

#6 Damien9104  OFFLINE  

Damien9104

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 2:10 pm

Shoot wish I would have got it for forty something. I definitley would have snatched it up! Thanks for the info though. I'll keep searching!

#7 kalle1212  OFFLINE  

kalle1212

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 2:45 pm

My sons godmother gets my son anything that he wants and he asked her for those shoes with wheels in them and hes only 4 so I said NO and then he told her that he wanted the smart cycle and shes like ok I'll get it for him anyways the other night we were talking and shes like I don't think that hes going to get enough use out of it what do you think and I said it goes to age 6 and hes only 4 thats 2 years and shes like but they really mean 5 I was like well you don't have to get it for him.. anyways my son is tiny anways there is nothing to him but I think that he would get a lot of use out of it what do you think?

maybe she can't afford it. But I got it for my 4 year old and he likes it. My 7 year old rides it too.

#8 lovetoshopCA  OFFLINE  

lovetoshopCA

• 3,336 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 3:31 pm

I bet this thing will be a Black Friday special somewhere!

#9 miller205  OFFLINE  

miller205

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 3:12 am

This is really cool!!! I want to get one for my DS but will not pay $100 for it. Will wait to see what deal I can get.

#10 doublehsmom  OFFLINE  

doublehsmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 3:23 am

maybe she can't afford it. But I got it for my 4 year old and he likes it. My 7 year old rides it too.

Unlike me how really can't afford it...lol..thats not the issue with her...shes a surgical doctor...and she isn't affraid to show that she has money!

#11 masylimed  OFFLINE  

masylimed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 3:36 am

I was thinking of this as well. But the two things that make we wary (besides the high price!) is the fact that there's no ac adapter so it's a big battery eater and that there's no save or memory feature so you have to start from the beginnig of each game every time you play. Definately a cool idea though.

#12 beavercreekmom  OFFLINE  

beavercreekmom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 4:16 am

Check out Kohl's NOW!!!! I just ordered one online at Kohl's.com for 54.99 (their Fisher Price toys are 50% off) and if you use the code october20 with your Kohl's card you save 20% too! I'm hoping the order goes through because Kohl's often has inventory issues but check it out. Shipping is free too with over $75 Good luck!

#13 cchance  OFFLINE  

cchance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 5:09 am

WOW! I wish that I could have gotten it for $55. I just ordered from Amazon for $89. I did get a free toy which will be another gift and a mag subscr. which isn't too bad.... I have a baby due is a few weeks and I am too afraid of waiting to find Xmas presents at the last minute.

#14 mclaughlot  OFFLINE  

mclaughlot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 5:15 am

Check out Kohl's NOW!!!!

I just ordered one online at Kohl's.com for 54.99 (their Fisher Price toys are 50% off) and if you use the code october20 with your Kohl's card you save 20% too! I'm hoping the order goes through because Kohl's often has inventory issues but check it out. Shipping is free too with over $75

Good luck!

Im looking and it isnt showing up on there. What did you find it under?

#15 debnmark  OFFLINE  

debnmark

My 2 spoiled girls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 6:51 am

Im looking and it isnt showing up on there. What did you find it under?

i can't find it either?!?!?

#16 beavercreekmom  OFFLINE  

beavercreekmom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 7:11 am

http://http://www.ko...cade System.jsp

It says it's no longer available now. I tried to order another one 5 minutes later for my sister in law but it wasn't available anymore. I'm sorry. Keep checking the link though. Sometimes Kohl's will put them back up periodically.

Also, I couldn't find it using the search either, only through the link I found. Good luck!

#17 nikkilugi  OFFLINE  

nikkilugi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 7:25 am

That link goes back to the Gottadeal website.

#18 becca0884  OFFLINE  

becca0884

Becca

• 3,442 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 7:25 am

http://http://www.ko...cade System.jsp

It says it's no longer available now. I tried to order another one 5 minutes later for my sister in law but it wasn't available anymore. I'm sorry. Keep checking the link though. Sometimes Kohl's will put them back up periodically.

Also, I couldn't find it using the search either, only through the link I found. Good luck!

Your link isn't working. Here is one that does.

http://www.kohls.com...cade System.jsp

#19 beavercreekmom  OFFLINE  

beavercreekmom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 7:30 am

Thank you becca0884! I'm new to posting - sorry!

#20 becca0884  OFFLINE  

becca0884

Becca

• 3,442 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 7:31 am

Thank you becca0884! I'm new to posting - sorry!

It's okay. It's because you have an extra http:// at the beginning in there.

#21 niccci  OFFLINE  

niccci

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 7:37 am

Boo hoo... no longer available :gdcry: :gdcry: :cry2: :cry2:

#22 miller205  OFFLINE  

miller205

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 10:30 am

BOO HOO!!! Keep us posted I know I will be looking!! This sounds like it will be a hot Christmas item.

#23 aidansmommy  OFFLINE  

aidansmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 10:35 am

The last Kohls flier that I got in the mail said under the Fisher Price toys for 50% off that Smart Cycle was excluded. If that is the case, maybe there was a mistake online and it has been corrected now. Hope not, since that is a great price if it becomes available again. Has anyone found it in store and checked to see if it scanned as included in the sale?

#24 mclaughlot  OFFLINE  

mclaughlot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 10:55 am

Thank Becca and Beaver. I hope I can get one for my kids. Only at that price though. HA HA.

#25 Mommy2Four  OFFLINE  

Mommy2Four

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 2:23 pm

Well shoot! I would love one at the Kohls price! If anyone comes across this someplace for a good deal let us know. I think it will be a BF deal too.
:book: :loli:

#26 daysgirl  OFFLINE  

daysgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 6:26 pm

I bought this at Target for $99 and it's SO worth it!! My dear son loves it and we have several of the games for it. We bought this back in September as part of his 4 year old b-day gift. He rode it for quite sometime. He looks so cute just pedaling away! He takes breaks and plays other video games, but he will still go back to playing on that. Not all stores carry Go Diego Go cartridge and Hot Wheels. I had to buy those at Toys R Us. I highly recommend this to everyone! My son is 4 and his height is 43". He's in the 97% on height, so yes he is tall, but fits the cycle perfectly! I don't think height is a factor.

#27 wortmanfamily  OFFLINE  

wortmanfamily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 19, 2007 - 6:55 pm

My sister saw them today at Costco for $84.99

#28 Kymmber  OFFLINE  

Kymmber

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 20, 2007 - 4:29 am

Now, before I tell you what I did, or how, I just want to let you know that this worked at 2 Walmarts, but not the last one I went too!!!

Okay... I went to that link that showed that Kohl's had the smart cycle on sale for $54.99 and printed it, that way it showed todays date (the date I printed it) and it showed the original price and the sale price.

http://www.kohls.com...cade System.jsp

(I called the two walmarts that said yes BEFORE I drove all the way there). Anyways, I took that print out to walmart and told them I called and was told it was okay to bring that in to show you the price difference, and I got my Smart Cycle IN HAND for at total of $58.

Actually, I got my Smart Cycle, plus two more (one for a girl at work, and one because they were going to sell it to me for $58) I may end up taking that third one back, unless I can find someone else who wants one, and wants to pay me back the $58, but that is the way I "found" to "Beat" the price tag of $100!!!

HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE OUT THERE!!!!

#29 mclaughlot  OFFLINE  

mclaughlot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 20, 2007 - 5:45 am

I just got one for $54.oo at kohls. Already sold out.

#30 khkabowski  OFFLINE  

khkabowski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 20, 2007 - 5:55 am

They now have listed a few games for the smart cycle for $10.80 each when you use the 20% off code on the Kohl's website.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users