Kmart on Thanksgiving (Merged)

Gurnee Al

Most Walmarts are closed on Turkey day, at least in the evening, to set up for BF!!! Though 3 years ago, They let us in because it was so dang cold out and we all crammed around the big deals and there was an associate that stood watch and wouldn't undo the shrink wrap until exactly when the sale started.

This is actually my favorite shopping deal-day. I love KM on TG, and will go there just for the fun of it. People look at me funny: "You go shopping on Thanksgiving???!" Well, YAH...you do family time, watch parade, prep dinner, eat dinner, do dishes...then what? Sit around with your thumbs...

I look forward to this ad. My KM isn't usually super-busy, so it's kinda "weird" to be shopping that day...but the 'feel' is different...KWIM? It's not an "ordinary" shopping day at KM.

I SO do NOT like Kmart but I always go thanksgiving day. This year it looks like they have a GREAT sale:cheesy:

Now does anyone know if they price match? They have the games buy one get one free. Meijer and someone else has the electronic monopoly game for 20 dollars and Kmart has BOGOF. I was hoping to get 2 for 20 dollars... LOL:rolleyes:

I am glad you guys said something about Wal-Mart price matching. I was going to start a new thread, LOL. I was thinking they would price match as it is an all day sale.

My son wants the Power Tour guitar for $39.99 and it's $48.88 at Wal-Mart. I would rather go to Wal-Mart and price match then have to wait in line and deal with the crappy service/not enough cashiers at K-Mart.

THANKS!!!

Last year didn't go as they didn't have much that I was after. This year stands a better chance. Will probably just stay awake after we get done traveling and leave to go to the city early then nap off and on during Thanksgiving day so I can go out on BF. I'm doing cash only this year so not as much room for impulse buys.

I have gone to Kmart on Thanksgiving Day for the last three years now. Each year I have gotten there 30-45 minutes before they open and have had to wait in some decent lines. If it is something you really want - I'd plan on getting there early. Also depends on what other stores are open in that area - maybe the other store has better deals to draw people away. Good luck.

Has anyone ever bought an item the day before Thanksgiving and then gone in on Thanksgiving and had them price adjust? Someone on another thread said they always do it at Target but just wondering if anyone has at Kmart. I would hate to get in line at 5AM for the TV and there not be any.

Kmart is great on turkey day! I've never found it to be super busy :)

Were going for the B1G1 Free games - Monopoly Electronic and Life Twist and Turns (also electronic)

And for the leapfrog b1g1 free stuff! Lots of good kids in the family that will love these

K, I called kmart headquarters last year and complained about the THANKSGIVING sales, I know everyone loves to get a deal but isn't it ridiculous that they have their employees away from their families working on Thanksgiving? Black Friday exists for a reason...it is ridiculous to cancel out a holiday for the sake of sales.

I used to work Thanksgiving day and I loved it. You get paid more and what the store did that I worked at was put up a sign up sheet a month in advance and you "volunteered" to work on Thanksgiving and put what hours you were willing to work. A lot of people who don't celebrate holidays will work and I chose hours before of after dinner time. Its all part of working Retail. My sister works at Home Depot and they have a blackout for BF, sat and sun. Nobody is allowed to take those days off. Everyone works.

I used to work Thanksgiving day and I loved it. You get paid more and what the store did that I worked at was put up a sign up sheet a month in advance and you "volunteered" to work on Thanksgiving and put what hours you were willing to work. A lot of people who don't celebrate holidays will work and I chose hours before of after dinner time. Its all part of working Retail. My sister works at Home Depot and they have a blackout for BF, sat and sun. Nobody is allowed to take those days off. Everyone works.

blackout is common for most, if not all, retail businesses. every company that i worked for blacked us out from the Thursday BEFORE BF until Jan 5th. a lot of the mall anchors were open on thanksgiving for reduced hours/friends & family, and if they were some stores chose to open for a few hours those days too (i always hated that, my stores never did bf sales, never understood the rationale on being open on turkey day if you're not doing a sale)

i will say.. when it was just me, living alone and i had no family nearby i STILL didn't want to work on Thanksgiving. Wednesday would be a night on the town, and Thursday I cooked turkey for all of my other family-deprived friends.

I worked at Home Depot in customer service and we had blackOut dates also. You couldn't even TRY to get the morning off. If you were scheduled, then you work. I was lucky that i was manager and could schedule myself for closing instead of opening. LOng days though. i would up all night in line then shopping then go directly to work. I don't miss those days

I used to work Thanksgiving day and I loved it. You get paid more and what the store did that I worked at was put up a sign up sheet a month in advance and you "volunteered" to work on Thanksgiving and put what hours you were willing to work. A lot of people who don't celebrate holidays will work and I chose hours before of after dinner time. Its all part of working Retail.

My sister worked for Kmart, in the cash office, for a long time and loved working Thanksgiving, too. Lots of perks, plus she would help cashier if they needed help. They would always have lots of food and fun. When our family was all in the same town and did Thanksgiving together, we always did Thanksgiving *dinner* in the evening, not a lunch so it never imposed on our holiday.