How many gifts for your children

jbrrmom

I am use to buying my kids each one bigger thing for around $100 then usually about 20 other things ranging in price and spend arpund $400 or more on each kid. I keep it almost down to the dollar on how even it is plus try to make it the same amount of gifts for all 4 kids. NOW this yr my oldest DS is turning 13 and has asked for an Xbox360, Guitar Hero, a star wars bundle PSP, Halo 3 and more,lol. Thankfully he has a gram, a dad and a nana who buys stuff too so I'm getting him the PSP, Gram got Guitar Hero 3 and I think we'll all chip in and get the Xbox 360 & Halo 3 for his bday on 12/28. So I am still going to have a heck of a time making the gifts look somewhat even when he has a $200 present under the tree,lol.

I only have one to buy for, but no set present limit. If he is getting something big (Wii this year), then he gets other smaller presents, and he knows this is the way it works. He is just happy to get presents- I make sure we always donate tons of stuff to charities like Toys for Tots and our local christmas charity so he knows that there are people without. He also knows it is the thought that counts- not the cost!

• 4 weeks later...
ok i did really good with them each having the same amount of gifts and there was only $1 differents in the amount. wow! i have no idea how i did that. but then my SIL told me to check out the hot amazon toy threads welllll i just spent another $200 oh well couldn't pass up a good deal lol. i'm banning myself from the online hot deals it's to dangerous to my wallet. lol

i have 4 to buy for (16,15,6,and 2). I always make sure they have the same number of gifts. So no one can complain that someone has more. And I try to keep it around the same amount as far as money spent per child. This year that did not work out. But they will be thrilled with their gifts and never know the difference. And they will be really thrilled with the family gift (wii). so i am happy.