RUMORED Sears BF Ad Items

Brad

Oh I'm lovin it.. If this is what we can expect to see, those Dig. Frames

are way down from last year. :)

This week, Staples has a 7" Pandigital 7" frame for $50 after instant savings and easy rebate. Last BF, these were ~$60 (figuring in Kohls Cash). Have been very happy with mine and picked up another.

Again, this is not the complete ad (and may not even be legit to begin with). The full ad will definitely have many, many more items including toys.

Good! I was a little worried! I cant wait for the Big Ticket (Toy) items so come out. Of course my husband is happy with the TV's listed...assuming they are right.

THanks.:yup:

k so i admit im a BF noobie, and this will be my 1st year shopping on BF...

anyways, when it comes to sears, if these ads are legit, what time do people start lining up, and more importantly, since most Sears have like 4 entrances, which entrance do you line up at or does it not matter? I dont want to show up at an entrance and be like "SWEET IM 1st in line" just to find out that there are hundreds of people in line at a different "correct" entrance. thanks,

Yeah, thats the tricky part with Sears. I think they pick the "main" entrance, if

you can figure that out. You wont have to camp out there, like people do at best buy and Circuit city, but I'd say if you get there between 4-5am you should be good.

But i'm sure there are BF sears veterans here that can help you out alittle more than I did. :)

Yeah, thats the tricky part with Sears. I think they pick the "main" entrance, if

you can figure that out. You wont have to camp out there, like people do at best buy and Circuit city, but I'd say if you get there between 4-5am you should be good.

But i'm sure there are BF sears veterans here that can help you out alittle more than I did. :)

Two years ago we wanted a TV that was advertised. Hubby was at one outside entrance and I was at the inside Mall entrance. That gate started up and I darted under and took off to the electronics dept, getting there before the register was even opened. NO, they did not have the TV but we were first in line for sure.

Hey, I have several IT degrees and still can't figure out the HD stuff. I have been watching prices for the last year and hope to dive in on BF. I am on the fence about 1080p and wonder when it will be ubiquitous -- is it worth the extra $ for the average tv watching, non-gamer, non hd-dvd, non bluray person for the next 3 or so years??

Guest mldepalma

If the price difference between a 720p and 1080p HDTV (with all other features being equal) is small enough, then yes, a 1080p model might be the better investment if it makes sense for you financially. Again, with smaller HDTVs you still won't see much of a difference with 90% of the things you will use it for.

And also just to clear something else up, there really isn't such a thing anymore as a "720p HDTV" vs a "1080i HDTV". Pretty much all HDTVs these days do both 720p and 1080i. You only need 540 lines of resolution to do 1080i (because of the interlacing), where a 720p HDTV will have at least 720 lines and therefore be able to display 1080i. So the only 2 options for HDTVs are really 1080p and 720p/1080i.

And nothing will happen to your account, lol - I just want people to be clear about all of this.

Ok, am I the only one who has NO IDEA what ya'll are talking about here?!?! LOL

Brad - don't feel the need to explain further, I'm sure the vast majority of people here understand your posts above, but I am pretty tech challenged so to me it is all GREEK!

Anyone know if sears usually discounts the large 1K+ tool chests. I am getting ready to buy one and can wait a month if its gonna save me money.

I'm thinking they DID have a large tool box in they're BF ad.

Does anyone know if we have access to last years ads yet?

Just for comparison sake. :tongue1:

k so i admit im a BF noobie, and this will be my 1st year shopping on BF...

anyways, when it comes to sears, if these ads are legit, what time do people start lining up, and more importantly, since most Sears have like 4 entrances, which entrance do you line up at or does it not matter? I dont want to show up at an entrance and be like "SWEET IM 1st in line" just to find out that there are hundreds of people in line at a different "correct" entrance. thanks,

My stratagy for Sears is this. If they are giving out the 10 dollar gift cards and you are hinging all your shopping on them get there early (I was there at 2am last year) The first year they did it the cards where at every door. Last year the cards where just at the merchandise pick up door. So if you don't really care about getting the card line up at the door that will get you closest to the item you want the most. By the way those cards slow down your entry into the store. Last year I went for the 40 dollar surround sound with the dvd player in it. There where only a few by the time the people getting the cards got through the door they where all gone. So you have to ask yourself do I want this item or do I want the 10 dollar gift card and then try my luck getting what I want. Well that is my input hope it helps you out. Oh and they open all the doors at the same time so it's not a problem if there are 100 people at another door just pick the item you want the most and line up at the door that will get you there the quickest.

Cant wait to find out if this is legit and see the rest of the ad! As always, you rock Brad. :tongue1:

As for what time to get in line. We usually hit wally world first, our local one, in and out within 20 min. usually and get to Sears by 5:30. Last year I woke up late and missed the gift cards (which was ok since I didnt need to go there) but the previous years we were in line early enough to get the gc.

You never know though, it really will come down to what they have and how many venture out that day. Around here 2-4am is waaaaaaaaay to early to be there. They line doesnt start forming until well after 4am (since most hit wal mart first).

Be sure to check out the most recent Consumer Reports issue... Plasma and LCD HD TV comparisons and recommendations. They also make note of 1080P vs. 720P resolution.

Cliff note version: Best picture that they have ever tested: Panasonic 1080P Plasma. Panasonic 720P/1080i was a very close 2nd and the testers were hard-pressed to note a difference between the 1080P and 720p/1080i.

Hey, I have several IT degrees and still can't figure out the HD stuff

Quite simple really. And I'm glad Brad jumped in and cleared up the misinformation being spread about.

720p vs 1080P...........price is the difference. Most people will not know the difference between the 2 PQ wise. Yes, in a few years more and more source material will be 1080P, however most cable and definatly the satellite providers compress the signal so much that you won't see much of a difference either. Now HD-DVD (whoever said it's not 1080P is mistaken) and BluRay discs you can tell a slight difference, depending on your dvd player and your display device. Match that with a quality HD-DVD/BluRay player is all you really need.

If the price difference isn't much, then sure, go the 1080P route. Otherwise, I'm saving all that cash and buying a quality HD-DVD/BluRay Player to go with my 720P display.

To confuse you more, forget TV's and go to Front Projection. THAT will blow you away! ;)

That's the ez to understand condensed version.

Sorry, but you are incorrect (I seem to be saying that a lot in this thread, lol). HD-DVD does natively support 1080p (pretty much all HD-DVD titles out there have 1080p resolution - I just checked a bunch on my shelf to be 100% sure), and the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on drive also does support 1080p as well when using HD-capable outputs (VGA/HDMI/component) and actually has for about a year now since the Fall 2006 update. There are also a few games for the 360 which are native 1080p such as Virtual Tennis 3 and NBA Street.

You are good Brad. Thank you for all the accurate information. I am looking to buy a tv this bf and all this information is really helpful

Like I said, this is nowhere near a complete ad. Sears usually has 400-500 items in their BF ad with 100+ tools items, many electronics, toys, etc...

It could very well be part of the ad (Sears does usually have their ad leak earlier than most stores) or it could be either a fake or real non-BF Sears ad.

If it's legit, I'd imagine the actual ad scans will find their way out in the next few days.

This is in line with the prices I had read about in the news, regarding falling LCD prices on an average of $300 per panel from last year!:yup: