After shopping rituals

pmdemey

Post BF ritual:

Items needed:

1 goat

1 machete

Just kidding! I normally sort through all the items... yule gifts for others, yule gifts for my wife and myself, and things we bought for right now! :) Then we have lunch and pass out for a few hours before going to Thanksgiving dinner # 2 of 3.

Usually we finish up shopping around lunch time so we will stop for lunch at a restraunt. We pick a different one each year then we head home. Some times we take a nap, no wait, hubby will take a nap and sometimes I will too. Then we work on decorating. Depending on the weather that day and the next day will determine which day we work on the inside decorations and the outside decorations. Dinner is left overs and then it's christmas movies the rest of the night.

My sister and I (sometimes my dad) go shopping on BF. When we get back home and sort gifts that we bought, we usually eat leftovers for lunch and watch a Christmas video. Then I usually start wrapping presents and decorating the house for Christmas while watching Christmas movies or listening to carols. Then I am wore out and have to nap, but by then my kids want Mom to play.;)

Well usually it is still breakfast time so I pick up something, go home eat, just me and hubby so I don't need to hide gifts from him.

I then nap after nap decorate and wrap if I feel up to it. Most times we go visit relatives and/or friends who may be leaving town that weekend.

Usually it is about noonish or after so I meet hubby for lunch with the kids after I have hid all the presents or taken them to his mothers house. Then I come home a nap a few minutes, back in the car to go to the cut down our tree, back home to put on lights and eat leftovers and then off to SLEEP for the night - FINALLY.

We eat leftovers then dh and I usually wrap all of our non-Santa presents. That pretty much fills the tree, since we are generally about 95% done with Christmas shopping by then. :D

We then lay around the house napping off and on and watching the kids go nuts-o sneaking peaks under the tree trying to figure out what they've got! :yup:

Usually my 19 sister and I go together and last year my 9 yr old sister went with me and my son. We went to walmart than off to the other stores and when I am done I go home seperate everything, wrap everything, and get my tree up!!

This is so making me wish BF was here like now!! I am getting so excited and have not even seen the deals yet.

Back to mom's house for sorting through all the loot!! Then it's the left over buffet - very low key right out of the container style (it's the best). By then it's time to go home because it's after dinner time and we are all very tired! The Saturday after Thanksgiving has become the traditional day with DH to get the Christmas tree. This year should be very exciting since we have adoped a new kitten! My first one - she is 8 wks old. We shall see how long the tree stands!

This year should be very exciting since we have adoped a new kitten! My first one - she is 8 wks old. We shall see how long the tree stands!

Good luck the year I had a cat it was worse than when my son was almost a year old. She batted everything off of the bottom and did not leave it alone.

Back to mom's house for sorting through all the loot!! Then it's the left over buffet - very low key right out of the container style (it's the best). By then it's time to go home because it's after dinner time and we are all very tired! The Saturday after Thanksgiving has become the traditional day with DH to get the Christmas tree. This year should be very exciting since we have adoped a new kitten! My first one - she is 8 wks old. We shall see how long the tree stands!

If you put a bell on the bottom of your tree so when your kitty tries to climb it rings, he/she will get scared from the noise and runaway....after several more attempts the kitty will know not to climb the tree cause it will get scared.....it worked for my kitty but he's a real scaredy cat! Or you can have a little spray bottle full of water at hand and spray them a few times when they try to do or go somewhere they aren't allowed. Again, after a few sprays the cat will know to listen to you when you have the bottle....all i have to do is grab the bottle and Halloweeni (my black cats name lol) darts off like his butt is on fire, lol.

If you put a bell on the bottom of your tree so when your kitty tries to climb it rings, he/she will get scared from the noise and runaway....after several more attempts the kitty will know not to climb the tree cause it will get scared.....it worked for my kitty but he's a real scaredy cat! Or you can have a little spray bottle full of water at hand and spray them a few times when they try to do or go somewhere they aren't allowed. Again, after a few sprays the cat will know to listen to you when you have the bottle....all i have to do is grab the bottle and Halloweeni (my black cats name lol) darts off like his butt is on fire, lol.

That's a great suggestion! Have any ideas for keeping a toddler out of your tree? :D

Everyone who has talked to the real Santa Clause goes on BF. We have 5 adults (mom, brother, sister in-law & sister!) + 2 kids this year! they are 12&13! My Brother-in-law will watch all of the little guys & we will shop all morning until 12ish. Then we go to mom's house & fill the shed that is a play house during the summer & we put the lock on it. None of the kids have ever noticed this! It is awesome!!!

Then we go get my BIL & The youngsters & go eat or eat there. Then we all sit there going thru the ads trying to figure out what we missed out on & if needs be we go out again!

Normally at that point I go to bed, because the last 3 years I had to go to work that night at the hospital, but this year will be better as I'm now on day shift!!!

Typically after BF shopping, we stop for breakfast or lunch somewhere - depending on what time it is! We typically aren't at the homefront for Thanksgiving, so we typically then go back to the relatives' houses and then just relax. This year though, we will be going back to the in-laws and then helping to decorate for a wedding reception as a cousin is getting married the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That should be fun...or tiring...or something...