Do you contribute to a "sub for Santa" type event?

abentley

We do the salvation army's angel tree and the OU sooners tree-I feel like it's so important our children learn about giving, especially during the holidays-our soft spot is/are other children that are our childrens ages and seeing what they write down for gifts-our children are always amazed that they usually ask for the necesities,gloves,hat,scarves etc...we always try and find an age appropriate toy or game to go with what they asked for. Also there always seems to be a family at one of our childrens schools that need some help during the holidays-so we do a ding dong ditch santa with a basket of family goodies...it's not much but we do try and do our part to help others out...

We do the salvation army's angel tree and the OU sooners tree

Where do you get the OU tree stuff that may be a way to get DS9 in to it as he is a ittle OU Sport freak..lol

I am not sure what we are going to be doing this year...usally we help out a family at our Church but this year...there isn't anyone that we know of or that Pastor has told us about..so we may go with the angel tree.

We do 2 children from the angel tree. We also sponser a few(last year we did 2 and are hoping to do a few more than that this year) children for 'Shop with a Cop' that is held every year at our local Walmart. Each child gets a $100 GC and they get the buy whatever they want with it. I am sure dh will be doing something for all the kids of his employees too.