sandwish

Peanut butter balls

1 c. butter softened

1 c. peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)

1 tsp vanilla

1 lb. powdered sugar

1 bag choc chips

1/2 bar of gulfwax paraffin

Cream butter and peanut butter, add vanilla then powdered sugar, will have to use hands as this is really thick stuff. Roll into bite size balls.

In double boiler melt 1 pound bag chocolate chips and paraffin wax. Dip the candy balls in this mixture and drop on waxed paper.

My family wouldn't think it was Christmas if we didn't make Potato Candy.

Potato Candy

Ingredients:

1 mediuam potato

2 bags/boxes confectionary sugar (powdered sugar)

peanut butter (smooth, not crunchy)

Directions:

Peel the potato and slice into one inch cubes, or so. Boil the potato cubes until you are able to stick a fork in each piece, lift it out of the pot, and the potato slides easily off the fork.

After that, drain the water, and mash the potato in a large bowl. start adding the confectionary sugar once the potato is mashed. it will get VERY watery at first, so use a spoon, but after a while, the dough will harden up as the sugar saturates it. You'll have to use your hands to knead the dough after about 1 bag of sugar. Keep adding sugar until the dough won't take any more. Then dust the countertop or cutting board with more powdered sugar, and roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. I usually have to throw some more sugar on the dough every so often (use it instead of flour), so it doesn't stick to the rolling pin. Spread a good layer of peanut butter on it, and carefully roll it back up. Chill the roll in the fridge for about an hour, take it out, and slice it so that each piece is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.

A tip: don't skimp on the peanut butter. If you don't have enough, the candy will just be too sweet to be edible. Also, be sure to mash the potato cubes very well at the beginning.....it doesn't taste right if you end up eating chunks of potato in the finished candy.

Pumpkin Crunch

This is absolutely devine!! This is so easy to make and almost fool proof. It is the most asked for dessert in my family.

1 package yellow cake mix

1 can (16oz) solid pack pack pumpkin

1 can (12oz) evaporated milk

3 eggs

1-1/2 cups sugar

4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup melted butter

whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 9x13 pan. Combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in large bowl. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping.

Pumpkin Crunch

This is absolutely devine!! This is so easy to make and almost fool proof. It is the most asked for dessert in my family.

I'm going to have a pumpkin bake off this weekend. I'll make this one and the pumpkin gooey cake. Yum yum

Cherry Delight

Crust:

2 packs of Graham Crackers crushed

1 stick of melted butter

1/2 cup of sugar

Mix all ingredients, spread on the bottom of a 13 x 9 dish lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Gently push down on the crust just enough to help it to stick together while serving. Back at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE!! Let this cool completely.

White Delight:

2 packs of Dream Whip: Make according to box

then add 2 large room temp. Philly Cream Cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, 4 tablespoons milk. Sometimes depending on my mood I also add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Blend well, this can be a little lumpy which is fine. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust.

Cherry Topping:

Depending on taste 1-2 large cans of Thank You Cherries spreading evenly on the top of the white delight leaving a 1 inch border all the way around the rim of the dish. You can also use strawberries instead of cherries depending on your tastes.

Cover and keep in fridge.

ENJOY!!

Peanut butter balls

1 c. butter softened

1 tsp vanilla

1 lb. powdered sugar

1 bag choc chips

Cream butter and peanut butter, add vanilla then powdered sugar, will have to use hands as this is really thick stuff. Roll into bite size balls.

In double boiler melt 1 pound bag chocolate chips and paraffin wax. Dip the candy balls in this mixture and drop on waxed paper.

Hey this is just like my Buckeyes recipe!?!

saw this on the Today show this morning.. and thought it looked yummy. ;)

Instant chocolate mousse

Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) soft butter

• 9 oz best-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces

• 1/4 cup hot water from a recently boiled kettle

• 1 cup heavy cream

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate, and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.

Put the saucepan on the stove over fairly gentle heat to melt, stirring every now and again. Remove from heat.

Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla until thick and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.

Pour/scrap into 4 glasses or small dishes, about ¾ cup each in capacity, or 6 smaller (½ cup) ones, and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!

Peanut butter balls

1 c. butter softened

1 tsp vanilla

1 lb. powdered sugar

1 bag choc chips

We Ohioans call this Buckeyes - GO BUCKS!!! ;)

What I am making (to take to my MIL's). I am taking more, but this is my list so far with recipes!

BANANA BREAD

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 large eggs

3 mashed ripe bananas (I sometimes use four)

1 cup regular oats (quick oats are fine)

1/2 cup milk

2 cups flour

1 Tablespoon baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2-1 tsp maple flavoring or vanilla

Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

Combine first three ingredients in a bowl and mix with hand mixer. Combine banana, oats, and milk and add to sugar mixture, beating well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups and level with knife. Pour into mixture. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and maple flavoring or vanilla. Mix with beaters until moist. Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 5-10 minutes.

If you insert a toothpick in the middle, it should come out with just a BIT of dough on it - but that's GOOD. Because it will cook more once outside of the oven but still in the pan.

Making this in case one or all of my kids decide not to touch the turkey or ham.

Baked Mac & Cheese

Ingredients

• 1 16oz box Macaroni

• 2 - 8 oz Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese

• 1 quart milk

• Seasoned Bread Crumbs

• salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Directions

1. cook mac according to box...but only for about 8 min, as you want it undercooked.

2. While that is cooking cut up cheese in smallish chunks, spray a three quart baking dish with cooking spray. Makes clean up a breeze!!

3. drain macaroni

4. put macaroni in pan, add the quart of milk, add cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, mix well

5. Put in oven at 350, cook for about 15 min....carefully put a thin layer of bread crumbs over mixture cook for about another 45 min...top should be golden brown and inside should not be runny.

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix

1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix

1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon

1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping

1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.

Cocktail Meatballs

INGREDIENTS

• 2 pounds ground beef

• 1 cup dried bread crumbs

• 2/3 cup chopped onion

• 1/2 cup milk

• 2 egg

• 2 teaspoons salt

• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

• 1/2 cup shortening

• 3 cups tomato-based chili sauce

• 2-1/2 cups grape jelly

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and ground black pepper. Mix together, and shape into meatballs.

2. In a large skillet, heat shortening over medium heat. Add meatballs, and cook until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.

3. Add chili sauce and jelly to skillet; heat, stirring, until jelly is melted. Return meatballs to skillet, and stir until coated. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite and easy holiday cookies

Pretzel Turtles

24 small pretzels (traditional bow shaped)

24 Rolo candies

24 pecan or walnut halves

Preheat oven to 300 F

arrange pretzels on parchment paper lined cookie sheet

place 1 rolo on top of pretzel

bake for 4 minutes, while rolo is warm press nut on top of each candy.

Let cool completly, cover in a air tight container

Very yummy

Does anybody have a recipe for Snowball Cake? My Mom used to make it every Christmas

and it was so delicious. I would love to make it for my family this year.

I remember it was made it a mixing bowl, had lemon jello in it and whipped cream, I think

she used a white cake mix. When it was done it looked like a big snowball and it was so

moist and creamy.

Hey can anybody post a recipe for making a trifle bowl? Some of us need some holiday

cooking help:eek: and fast.

Lets start posting our favorite recipes for the holidays here...I am sure we all have one

or two and I am really wanting new and different things to try

Never heard of Trifle bowl before, but I did find this one :)

Neopolitan Trifle

Prep Time: 20 min

Total Time: 4 hr 20 min

Makes: 18 servings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

42 NILLA Wafers, divided

2 qt. (8 cups) cold milk, divided

2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling

2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling

14 FIG NEWTONS Fruit Chewy Cookies, divided

1-1/2 pt. strawberries, sliced (about 3-1/2 cups), divided

1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts

1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

SET 10 of the wafers aside for garnish. Pour 1 qt. (4 cups) of the milk into medium bowl. Add dry vanilla flavor pudding mixes; beat with wire whisk 2 min. Pour remaining 1 qt. (4 cups) milk into separate medium bowl. Add dry chocolate flavor pudding mixes; beat with wire whisk 2 min. Let puddings stand 5 min. to thicken.

PLACE 8 of the remaining wafers on bottom of large (3-qt.) footed trifle bowl. Stand 7 of the remaining cookies upright around edge of bowl, alternating with 7 of the strawberry slices. Spoon half of the chocolate pudding over wafers in bowl; cover with 8 of the remaining wafers and half of the vanilla pudding. Top with 1 cup of the remaining strawberry slices and 1/4 cup of the walnuts. Repeat layers, including cookies and strawberries around outside edge of bowl; cover.

REFRIGERATE at least 4 hours. Top with whipped topping, remaining strawberries and reserved 10 wafers just before serving.

OMG, or this one...

Chocolate Trifle

"At church functions, folks line up for this trifle. And it is so easy to make!"

PREP TIME 30 Min

COOK TIME 25 Min

READY IN 8 Hrs 55 Min

SERVINGS & SCALING

Original recipe yield: 12 servings

US METRIC

About scaling and conversions

INGREDIENTS

1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix

1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix

1/2 cup water

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy

DIRECTIONS

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.

In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.

In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving

Looks delicious!

I got a question, i'm hoping someone can help me out..

On the cake mix cookie recipe, is there a way to add cocoa

to the white cake mix to make them taste like chocolate cookies?

I have 2 boxes of white cake mix and some cocoa, just didnt want

to run to the store to get more cake mix, when I have some here.

(and if so.. how much?)

TIA. :)

My favorite and easy holiday cookies

Pretzel Turtles

24 small pretzels (traditional bow shaped)

24 Rolo candies

24 pecan or walnut halves

Preheat oven to 300 F

arrange pretzels on parchment paper lined cookie sheet

place 1 rolo on top of pretzel

bake for 4 minutes, while rolo is warm press nut on top of each candy.

Let cool completly, cover in a air tight container

Very yummy

I have to say thank you for this. I went out to Walmart this morning to pick up last minute stocking stuffers and also decided to pick up the stuff to make these. Let me tell you, They are WONDERFUL!!!! I only made 1 tray of them so far. I think after the kids get home and get their homework done, we are all going to work in the kitchen and do a little baking. Thanks for such an easy and kid freindly thing to make. oh and by the way, I bought the Christmas shaped pretzels today instead and they worked out really great!! :yup:

My in-laws came last weekend for our Christmas gathering. I made the pretzel turtles, peanut butter balls, pumpkin rolls, and sweet potato casserole (also a ton of other food, but these are the recipes I got here). Everyone loved all of it--even the sweet potato casserole was gobbled down by family members who claimed they didn't like sweet potatos. :)

Thanks

I also made green been bacon wraps that went over very well--so well there was none left.

1 lb bacon cut in half

2 cans whole green beans

1 cup brown sugar

1 stick of butter

take a piece of bacon and wrap about 4-5 green beans in it. Place all of them on a baking pan. Melt the butter and brown sugar together then pour over the top. Bake at 350 until the bacon is done how you like (we like a crispy bacon so we cook it longer)

not exactly health conscience but hey it's once a year :)