Tickets at Walmart

jellybean051901

HI all, this will be my first year doing the black friday thing and I was looking for tips. My intention is to buy things that are the best value and then resell them on ebay. Has anyone tried this and do you know what the biggest deals are?

Yeah, you and about 5 million other people. :no: Not worth it, IMO.

When the Wii's and PS3's first came out, I had the same brilliant idea. We got in line on Friday night for the sale on Saturday and got two Wii's and a PS3.

It was right before Black Friday and there were thousands of listings on eBay, so we decided to wait until after BF to post our ads so that all the people who couldn't find one would bid on ours.

Long story short, we managed to sell one Wii for $700, but after PayPal fees, eBay listing fees, re-listing fees, we took the other Wii and PS3 back to the store for a refund. I think we ended up with maybe $100 profit. The shear volume of people doing that exact same is unbelieveable.

Last year the wal-mart by me did hand out tickets for the higher end items that they hand limits on. The direction to hand out the tickets was a decision made by the asst. mgr and the store manager. Before the opening of the store they announced how many of the big ticket items they had such as the computers, then handed out tickets for those items, that way the customers in line new ahead of time. They also handed out maps of where the black friday items were located in the store. I think it just depends how well your local

wal-mart store is ran by their management team.

I think the reason most people wouldn't rush to get that ticketed item is because well, they have the ticket, so they can get other things and then go get that item. I know I would probably do the same thing. Why rush to get it when it should be there and I can get other stuff that's limited stock but no tickets were given out?

Yeah this happened the year of the 388 laptops at Walmart...They handed out pieces of numbered paper and told everyone to get on the Left side of the register then the managers came and said they could not honor the tickets because they were just numbers on a torn piece of paper and anyone could write one up, that it would not be fair! Said to line up on the right side of the register..first come first serve. I thought there was going to be a war! People started climbing over the little register island in electronics, cussing, yelling , hitting, shoving....but we got our laptop...gotta love Black Friday!!

That happened to me a few years ago. I was trying to get my husband a Gameboy for an upcoming deployment and the lady right in front of me bought 3 which ended up being the last of the instock Gameboys. I was a little irritated since I had been in line for 3 hours at that point. She turned around and told everyone behind her that she had triplets at home and that they were a Christmas gift. Not sure if it were true but it was a rough morning that morning.

That's what's difficult. Some people buy them up just to re-sell them and some are genuinely buying them as gifts. I have three kids, not triplets, but my sons are only two years apart and it felt like raising twins for a while, we pretty much got two of everything.

I know when they had the lap-tops I got three. I had my daughter, her boyfriend and myslef there. One was for me, one was for my daughter that was there & the other was for the daughter that was home. I have three children... my son had a lap-top already at that point. So yes, there really are people with 2+ kids getting them.. when they are getting more than one....:yup: is it fair to limit them to only one :confused: I understand that they are trying to deter those from buying and reselling, but the way I was able to get my kids theirs, so can the resellers.. they just have someone with them.. if Wal-mart doesn't sell more than one per-person.. and that does make it hard on some.