Information Regarding New BF Ad Alert E-Mails

Brad

As always this year we have the mailing list you can subscribe to that lets you know when new ads have been posted. You can sign up for that here:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/EMailAlerts

Because of the popularity of the site, this mailing list has grown exponentially the last few years, and therefore it can take several hours for the e-mails to reach everyone. Therefore I thought I'd give you some pointers if you'd like to get notifications a little quicker.

First, the Black Friday site has an RSS feed which contains the latest updates to the site, including all new ads posted. You can follow this with any RSS news reader to get the latest updates. I will usually post new ad updates here before I start sending out the e-mails.

You can also use one of the many RSS-to-email services to have the RSS feed sent to your inbox automatically when new updates are posted. Again, this may help you get updates faster. One example of such a service is RMail.org. There are similar services which can send RSS feed updates to your cell phone as well.

Finally, at least for now, the mailing list system sends out e-mails alphabetically. Therefore if you have access to an e-mail address that starts with a number or one of the first letters of the alphabet, chances are you'll get updated first. Please note that this may (and likely will) change in the future, but for now it should work.

In the meantime I am looking into ways to speed up the e-mailing process, but for now, those are some ways you BF-diehards can get the info as soon as possible :)

• 2 weeks later...