Shopping the day before BF (Thanksgiving)?

candlesbytammy1

My sister and I usually hit K-Mart, but we do it after we pop the turkey in the oven, before dinner, or if it's something that's a MUST have (like ds' Diego bike last year), we'll be there when they open...otherwise, we save our strength (and our walking shoes) for BF...;)

:D That sounds like me, I like to get me a plan and a map of road or Store, lol. So I can get my Bargain Shopping on! I've been tempted to go on Thanksgiving or before (kmart), but nothing I really need.

Usually I have already have my game plan thanks to GD and knowing what stores have what. I get up and put the turkey on, have my diet dew, read the paper and go to K-Mart and Big Lots.

My annual ritual is to stock up on pillows from KMart on Turkey Day. Have been doing this for at least 4 years now. I normally pick up the CD they have on special as well. I do it early in the morning and I always tell my cashier that I am thankful that they showed up to work that day. :)

We usually hit up KMart as soon as it opens for CDs, board games and clothing specials. Last year, I even scored a TMX Elmo!! What a great surprise. Then it's back "home" to get ready for dinner. ("Home" is a campground where my 2 sisters/families and 5 other families camp for the weekend. Camp is a relatively loose term as we all have travel trailers or motorhomes and we spend significant amounts of effort eating - steaks, turkeys, etc.)

The last few years, my Dad and I have went to kmart and Big lots on Thanksgiving morning before our dinner and all the family came. Last year, I got some great deals on DVD-R and video games for 7.00 each. And it is the one day I can talk my Dad into going shopping w/ me.

There is no place more depressing than Big Lots on Thanksgiving. I went last year to grab one thing my Dad had asked for. There were more people there than I expected, but everyone was really quiet. It gave me the creeps. I think this year I'd rather pay a little extra and not hit the stores on Thanksgiving. Well, except the convenience store to get the fat newspaper with the "official" BF ads!

Traditionally, our family gathered from around the country :usflag: on Grandad's farm in Texas. Thanksgiving day and most of the weekend was for family and deliberately non-commercial. Some shopping started creeping in on the weekend over the past few years. Last year we changed plans ang got together at a hotel in suburban Chicago. Our hotel was in prime shopping (sold out Thanksgiving night) and I made my first genuine BF outing with a nephew starting at BB at 4 AM and working it the rest of the day. (Other family slept in.) The fact that I am on this site and it isn't even November yet, tells you where I will be. Frankly, I think stores should be closed Thanksgiving so everyone has a holiday, but then again...maybe just a little peek? ;)

Kmart and Meijer early morning Thanksgiving. I buy something each year. This year I do not expect to go to either place as I will be camping out at BB or WM. I am NOT cooking dinner this year. Nobody seems to have caught on. I am hoping my sister will cook. Maybe they will bring me and the teenlet something in line. I will be taking my teenlet PART of the day and then send her home as I don't think this year she needs to wait in line with me for 14 hours.