Teacher Gifts???

love a deal

Do you buy ALL of your kids teachers a Christmas gift?

My daughter is in Kindergarden and has 8 teachers that she sees every week.:eyepoppin

Teacher

Student teacher

Library Teacher

P.E. teacher

G.T. teacher

Art teacher

Music teacher

Counselor

What do you buy?? Last year I bought the preschool teachers Bath & Body Works.

When I was teaching, I had a student give me a Coffee Mug with my name written on it. I think that you can buy them as a kit or something (it was hand written).

Then, they put some basic chocolates and things in the mug. I thought it was a great gift, and will normally be appropriate for any teacher.

I don't think that you have to buy a gift for the art, music, or gym teacher or librarian or nurse, secretary, principal... unless they have done something special out of the way for your child or you want to. I think that most people don't buy for all of them. If you wanted to you can just go with an ornament or something inexpensive. An ornament with a musical instrument or plays music for the music teacher, one with a book for the librarian... Or you could take turns and buy only one of them something each year. Some places have childrens' gift sales where they can buy gifts for like $1. Or you could bake cookies and give each of them a plate. I only buy for the teacher & teachers helper / student teacher. Usually something holiday themed or candles or bath stuff.

When my son only had a teacher and a helper I would buy them gifts. Then in 4th grade he started having 4+ teachers, one for every subject. So then I just started buying Dunkin Donuts gift cards for them all.

Not the gym, music, art teachers...etc. just the regular ones that deal with my child everyday. They don't see those teachers on the last day of school before Christmas vacation anyway so it is not obvious neglect.

we typically give a gc of some sort to the teacher or if we know of special likes we will do a themed gift basket.

As far as music,pe,art,nurse,principle-we always give a Christmas card and a small gift like cups decorated with their name and what they teach filled with candy or Like rockfordmom suggested an ornament. I can tell you those teachers are left out so we do try and get them a lil something.

I only buy for the main teachers. I can't afford to buy for phys ed., art, music, library. This year I am buying each of them a piece of pottery. I found a great gallery not far from me and the prices are incredibly cheap. I think I will buy the fleur de lis since living in La. it goes with everyone's decor.

We have in years past given to everyone. That is however probably going to get nixed this year if everything goes as planned. We will give to main teachers and teachers aides that spend a lot of time with DS. Unless I can find something really cheap to do for everyone ... which honestly have done in teh past so it is possible. :)

I don't think that you have to buy a gift for the art, music, or gym teacher or librarian or nurse, secretary, principal... unless they have done something special out of the way for your child or you want to. I think that most people don't buy for all of them. If you wanted to you can just go with an ornament or something inexpensive. An ornament with a musical instrument or plays music for the music teacher, one with a book for the librarian... Or you could take turns and buy only one of them something each year. Some places have childrens' gift sales where they can buy gifts for like $1. Or you could bake cookies and give each of them a plate. I only buy for the teacher & teachers helper / student teacher. Usually something holiday themed or candles or bath stuff.

The ornament idea is really cute. We always include the other teachers in my son's gift giving experience since they frequently seem to be "left out" by the holiday activities. I also like the cookie plate idea and I don't know anyone that doesn't really love and appreciate a plate of homemade cookies. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with a pastry called Bakalava, but I make a lot of that to give away during the holidays and it looks very nice on a cookie tray. Oops, I forgot this is gottadeal not gottababble.

My oldest is in middle school now and although I would like to do something for his teachers, it hasn't always been feasible (last year he had 8 classes, this year he only has 6). But I usually do something for the elementary teachers. And this year I hope to include at least the PE teacher. She's been there for both boys and we were in high school together! She deserves something special!!!!

The ornament idea is really cute. We always include the other teachers in my son's gift giving experience since they frequently seem to be "left out" by the holiday activities. I also like the cookie plate idea and I don't know anyone that doesn't really love and appreciate a plate of homemade cookies. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with a pastry called Bakalava, but I make a lot of that to give away during the holidays and it looks very nice on a cookie tray. Oops, I forgot this is gottadeal not gottababble.

If you have any extra this year and you just don't know what to do with it, I'm here for you:D

I buy tons of the nice bath gift baskets from Walmart when they go real cheap on clearance after Christmas the year before. So I give those to dd teachers. So far I have been real lucky and my kids have had mostly female teachers. My ds is in Middle School so he takes home made candy and cookies to his teachers. The candy goes over well for his male or female teachers. His band teachers (hes had the same for 3 yrs) look forward to it every year.

Many teachers have told me that a basket of office supplies is a much loved gift to receive. Post Its, Highlighters, Pens of different colots, Sharpies, Labels, all of these are things that the teachers often have to buy with their own money. Also, in the past a gift that my D's teachers have really expressed a deep appreciation for are photo frame ornaments with the child's picture. Very often these are used as decorations for the class Christmas tree and the teachers tell me they love to look back and see how the kids have grown since then.

Many teachers have told me that a basket of office supplies is a much loved gift to receive. Post Its, Highlighters, Pens of different colots, Sharpies, Labels, all of these are things that the teachers often have to buy with their own money. Also, in the past a gift that my D's teachers have really expressed a deep appreciation for are photo frame ornaments with the child's picture. Very often these are used as decorations for the class Christmas tree and the teachers tell me they love to look back and see how the kids have grown since then.

:holiday07 I love this idea! :hert: I think I'll do this for my daughters main teacher. :holiday04 I'll put some Bath & Body Works antibacterial stuff in with it. :holiday03 I love making gift baskets!!!:holiday08 GREAT IDEA!!! THANKS:holiday10

I think making a donation to a charity in the teacher's name is a great idea. Sure, they love getting things but maybe they have too many nik-naks or might not like a food gift or maybe really don't need anything. Now if they need classroom supplies you can get a gift card or a certain item (my son wrapped a package of napkins for his DK teacher last year and she loved it =)