What types of toys in 2007 BF ads? - merged

ckemp7

Only fisher price/mattel toys have been affected by the lead paint recalls thus far. That still leaves plenty of other toy options out there. Little Tikes, Step 2, Vtech, and Hasbro, for example.

Both Vtech and Little Tikes have produced kid-friendly digital cameras this year. The Little Tikes one comes with a decent price tag standard (39.99) so I'm not sure we'll see it as a deal on Black Friday. It's already $20 well below the SRP of it's competitors. However, the Fisher Price Kid Tough Camera or the Vtech camera may be a black friday item, in hopes of competing with the price of the Little Tikes camera.

Last year, Walmart had the My Little Pony (Hasbro) Castle on sale and including 3 bonus ponies. Hasbro's recently released the Dancing Pinky Pie as it's "big" my little pony product. So the possibility is there that Sing & Dance Pinky Pie could be have a new price for Black Friday, and/or come with "bonus" pony/ies.

I think a discounted Gameboy bundle has pretty much become a requirement for black friday retailers, and that we'll obviously see one of those. I'm not sure, though with the recent $100 price drop of the PS3s if we'll see much more of a drop, even for BF.

Fur Real Friends (hasbro) also has the next Butterscotch, this year known as "S'mores", so I expect there'll be a good deal to be had on Butterscotch with hopes that once Butterscotch is sold out, parents will flock to S'mores, despite the high price.

That's just my speculation. I've had too much thinking time, lately. :P

Only fisher price/mattel toys have been affected by the lead paint recalls thus far. That still leaves plenty of other toy options out there. Little Tikes, Step 2, Vtech, and Hasbro, for example.

Both Vtech and Little Tikes have produced kid-friendly digital cameras this year. The Little Tikes one comes with a decent price tag standard (39.99) so I'm not sure we'll see it as a deal on Black Friday. It's already $20 well below the SRP of it's competitors. However, the Fisher Price Kid Tough Camera or the Vtech camera may be a black friday item, in hopes of competing with the price of the Little Tikes camera.

Last year, Walmart had the My Little Pony (Hasbro) Castle on sale and including 3 bonus ponies. Hasbro's recently released the Dancing Pinky Pie as it's "big" my little pony product. So the possibility is there that Sing & Dance Pinky Pie could be have a new price for Black Friday, and/or come with "bonus" pony/ies.

I think a discounted Gameboy bundle has pretty much become a requirement for black friday retailers, and that we'll obviously see one of those. I'm not sure, though with the recent $100 price drop of the PS3s if we'll see much more of a drop, even for BF.

Fur Real Friends (hasbro) also has the next Butterscotch, this year known as "S'mores", so I expect there'll be a good deal to be had on Butterscotch with hopes that once Butterscotch is sold out, parents will flock to S'mores, despite the high price.

That's just my speculation. I've had too much thinking time, lately. :P

Butterscotch is on our list of must haves this year. I didnt even know a new one was out. Is there a difference? (other than the color of it?)

Butterscotch is on our list of must haves this year. I didnt even know a new one was out. Is there a difference? (other than the color of it?)

From what I've seen fo Smores, there's no real difference between the two. You can Preorder Smores from Amazon right now for $249.99 with free shipping, which is slightly cheaper than Butterscotch (who is currently $268.88 with free shipping). Smores will be available Sept. 10th :)

I have never seen a kitchen or large play toy in the ads. There also won't be any sales on the newer items, such as the Wii, PS3, etc. They know consumers will buy those regardless.

There will be hot wheels tracks, matchbox/hotwheels cars, a large stuffed doll, cabbage patch, a power wheels, remote control trucks/cars, etc.

I would be surprised to se new items also. However, one year KB Toys did their FP items buy 1 get one free so that could happen again. I think we will see some board games and puzzles, some type of Lego set, some of the older furreals, last year Barbies, I am hoping for a V-smile or a leapster. I would like to see Littlest Pet shop sets with bonus pets, and maybe the ponyville ice cream truck. I would have said easy bake ovens but I think they are still out of stock becuse of the recall. I am sure there will be lots more but I am not sure what the doorbusters will be.

I would like to see Littlest Pet shop sets with bonus pets, and maybe the ponyville ice cream truck. I would have said easy bake ovens but I think they are still out of stock becuse of the recall.

I hope so too!!!!! i think there could be some good video game bundles!!!!!

Hot Christmas Toys 2007

Here is the first list I found. I think it would be a good idea as all of the lists come out to keep them in one place. I know Family Fun Magazine, Parents Magazine and many others are due to come out.

Infant/Preschool Toys

Smart Cycle

TMX Ernie

TMX Cookie Monster

Singing Pizza Elmo

Wheely Bug

PlajaPets

Zoobies

Cranium Sounds of the Seashore

Playfoam

Kidizoom Digital Camera

Fuzz Luv

Girl Toys

Barbie Chat Diva

Teresa Chat Diva

My Scene Growing Up Glam

Hannah Montana Doll

Cheetah Girls Dolls

Barbie Electric Guitar

Boy Toys

Power Tour Electric Guitar

Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet

LEGO Creator Monster Dino

H-Robot

Active Toys

Smart Cycle

XPV R.A.D.

Air Hogs Robo Copter

Walkaroo Stilts

Naruto Shuriken

Kunai Kombat

Toy Naruto Kunai

Educational Toys

Smart Cycle

I Can Play Guitar System

H-Robot

Bananagrams

Playfoam

EyeClops Bionic Eye

Electronic Toys

I Can Play Guitar System

XPV R.A.D.

Air Hogs Robo Copter

FurReal Macaw Parrot

RC Dragonfly

Rubik's Revolution

Barbie Electric Guitar

H-Robot

VTech Gadget

EyeClops Bionic Eye

Fuzz Luv

Games

I Can Play Guitar System

XPV R.A.D.

Rubik's Revolution

VTech Gadget

Bananagrams

Bendominos

Battleague Game

Battleague Batman Batmobile

Outdoor Toys

XPV R.A.D.

Air Hogs Robo Copter

RC Dragonfly

For Older Kids

Talking Lumbergh Figure

Talking Milton Figure

World of Warcraft Orc Shaman Action Figure

World of Warcraft Dwarf Warrior Action Figure

World of Warcraft Undead Warlock Action Figure

World of Warcraft Blood Elf Rogue Action Figure

World of Warcraft Illidan Action Figure

Other Toys

Mouse Guard Kenzie Figurine

Mouse Guard Lieam Figurine

Mouse Guard Saxon Figurine

Stuffed Mouse Guard Lieam

Here's another one!!!!

Here are my early picks for those hot toys. This is just my opinion and this list is subject to change.

1. Nintendo Wii

2. Cookie Monster TMX

3. Star Wars 30th Anniversary and Exclusive Toys

4. High School Musical

5. Webkinz

6. Pleo Dinosaur

7. Robotic Dragonfly by Wowwee

8. Transformers

9. Hasbro Furreal Squawkers McCaw Parrot

10. Any new Apple iPod or iPhone products.

Both of my older boys want the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet. I'm not sure why though because they NEVER play with the Darth Vader voice changer that they HAD to have!

My son never plays with toys like that. But he always wants them. I'm hoping he will make better choices this year!

I really do want to get the Wii, maybe vtech, fp loving family, maybe more little people.

I dont remember how much the wii was last year or the vtech. but at toys r us they had the b1g1 free around october for all fp dollhouse toys. both me and my sis hid the dollhouses until christmas!!!!

I personally don't like tmx elmo

Hot Christmas Toys 2007

Here is the first list I found. I think it would be a good idea as all of the lists come out to keep them in one place. I know Family Fun Magazine, Parents Magazine and many others are due to come out.

Infant/Preschool Toys

Smart Cycle

TMX Ernie

TMX Cookie Monster

Singing Pizza Elmo

Wheely Bug

PlajaPets

Zoobies

Cranium Sounds of the Seashore

Playfoam

Kidizoom Digital Camera

Fuzz Luv

Girl Toys

Barbie Chat Diva

Teresa Chat Diva

My Scene Growing Up Glam

Hannah Montana Doll

Cheetah Girls Dolls

Barbie Electric Guitar

Boy Toys

H-Robot

Active Toys

Smart Cycle

XPV R.A.D.

Air Hogs Robo Copter

Walkaroo Stilts

Naruto Shuriken

Kunai Kombat

Toy Naruto Kunai

Educational Toys

Smart Cycle

I Can Play Guitar System

H-Robot

Bananagrams

Playfoam

EyeClops Bionic Eye

Electronic Toys

I Can Play Guitar System

XPV R.A.D.

Air Hogs Robo Copter

FurReal Macaw Parrot

RC Dragonfly

Rubik's Revolution

Barbie Electric Guitar

H-Robot

VTech Gadget

EyeClops Bionic Eye

Fuzz Luv

Games

I Can Play Guitar System

XPV R.A.D.

Rubik's Revolution

VTech Gadget

Bananagrams

Bendominos

Battleague Game

Battleague Batman Batmobile

Outdoor Toys

XPV R.A.D.

Air Hogs Robo Copter

RC Dragonfly

For Older Kids

Talking Lumbergh Figure

Talking Milton Figure

World of Warcraft Orc Shaman Action Figure

World of Warcraft Dwarf Warrior Action Figure

World of Warcraft Undead Warlock Action Figure

World of Warcraft Blood Elf Rogue Action Figure

World of Warcraft Illidan Action Figure

Other Toys

Mouse Guard Kenzie Figurine

Mouse Guard Lieam Figurine

Mouse Guard Saxon Figurine

Stuffed Mouse Guard Lieam

Is anyone familiar with the Cranium sounds of the seashore game? I just saw this on clearance for $9 at Wal-mart. Any opinions?

I think more "act-like the grown-up version" toys will be hot. Things like the kiddie MP3 players and kiddie video cameras will be hot. Things that make a lot of annoying sounds will be as hot as ever. And lastly... just electronic toys in general will be bigger than ever. Just my 2 cents. :smirk: