Ebayers this year?

ponn01

Last year was eBay crazy with the game systems and people thinking they could make a buck on everything. I went to BB at 10pm on thankgiving day and the line was already past the side of the building and into the parking lot so of course I missed out. The next day everything I was looking to get was up on eBay.

Will this be a problem this year? Should I plan on spending my entire Thanksgiving in front of BB? I really need a new TV and have been waiting all year for BF to get a new one.

I'm looking to get a LCD tv, Hopefully the lines won't be that way. Although I will have company this year, usually its just me and mom.

Question: If you bring chairs, do people get mad if someone runs them to the car at last minute and consider them "cutting" in line?

Last year was eBay crazy with the game systems and people thinking they could make a buck on everything. I went to BB at 10pm on thankgiving day and the line was already past the side of the building and into the parking lot so of course I missed out. The next day everything I was looking to get was up on eBay.

Will this be a problem this year? Should I plan on spending my entire Thanksgiving in front of BB? I really need a new TV and have been waiting all year for BF to get a new one.

TVs will be hot this year since price points last BF were way down. If you really want a new TV I would get to BB Thanksgiving morning. When we get closer to BF the media is going to pump up BF sites like this one and more and more people will get in on the action. Also last year WM and BB issued there official ad 4 days early so tht gave the general public time to plan and get there.

At my BB in Texas if you were not there by 2pm thanksgiving day you were out of luck.

I'm looking to get a LCD tv, Hopefully the lines won't be that way. Although I will have company this year, usually its just me and mom.

Question: If you bring chairs, do people get mad if someone runs them to the car at last minute and consider them "cutting" in line?

You can bring chairs. Alot of people bring chairs, tents and coolers. What most people do is when it is time to go in they just leave the chairs out there until they are done. You can buy cheap chairs at WM for about $15.00.

I always ask the person I'm in front of if they mind. By then you should be close friends anyhow. I think someone would mind only if you brought people back with you when you returned from your car.

If your going to use ebay, get an auction sniper, It will bid a few seconds before the item ends, so you'll probably win it if you set your max bid in the app high enough. The sniper also helps avoid driving the cost of something up, by avoiding a bid war.

I just got a TiVo for $21.50 on ebay :P

My parents have already told me they'd bring me turkey dinner in front of Best Buy if I camp out for a 50+ inch HDTV. :D And I told them I'd totally do it.

My family came out and gave me and my new friends in line turkey dinner Thursday night.

If the pilgrims had BB they would be out there. :)

If your going to use ebay, get an auction sniper, It will bid a few seconds before the item ends, so you'll probably win it if you set your max bid in the app high enough. The sniper also helps avoid driving the cost of something up, by avoiding a bid war.

I just got a TiVo for $21.50 on ebay :P

How do you get that, I have never heard of it?

This just sucks. I had a couple friends that were caught up in the eBay fever last year too and camped out. They were pissed when they found out the stuff they bought weren't raking in the dough on eBay. It's just annoying because I know alot of people were like my friends and didn't realize the stuff on sale wasn't necessarily stuff in high demand like the Wii or Elmo, they were just normal stuff on sale that people, like me, are standing in line to get a deal on. It's not stuff i'm going to eBay for to pay a high price, or hell average price on. I wanted it on sale. I'm not against capitalism for high demand items and can understand (though not approve of) price gouging hot, in demand, limited supply items. Denying people a sale price on an average everyday item just to make, at best, retail value on an item is annoying.

I'm not going to wait all day, I refuse it. If they have an awesome, oh my god, price on a good 42 inch or larger HDTV though i'll go out at around 9 or 10pm and take my chances if there is a line. I don't really think eBayers will be out there for 42 inch or larger TVs to sell, thats quite a hassle. Probably more like my friends and after the cheap laptops.

yeah, well put. i think most people that are planning to ebay their purchases will be buying the smaller items such as laptops and cameras. even those won't bring them in TOO much profit... not worth 24hrs of sitting outside a building at least... haha.