>>> Official Black Friday DESKTOP Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Do you guys think the BB 199 deal will be 199 flat or after a rebate. I really hate rebates. BB is bad about posting prices after rebate.

I thought BB was the one who did away with rebates??? CC is the one who has all the rebates:rolleyes: I hate that too. But I do believe it says in the BF ad that there are no rebates on the $199 desktop. That's the price you pay that day.

Best Buy no longer has mail in rebates. Any rebate they would have is an Instant rebate taken at the register.

Are the Dell computers really worth the money? Nothing really expensive but still fast.

For anything but their "teaser" cheap machines, my honest opinion after working on many, TRYING to upgrade some, helping customers build computers, and building custom rigs, the answer is NO in my opinion.

is the $7xx HP at Circuit city worth it vs. the $500 version? I will buy buying an upgraded graphics card on my own (any reccomendations on where to get why cheap would be great ;)).

I was leaning toward the $500 model unless someone can sway me.

P.S. its not a door buster so can i sleep in after eating all that turkey and get it some time after 12 or online?

Thanks,

is the $7xx HP at Circuit city worth it vs. the $500 version? I will buy buying an upgraded graphics card on my own (any reccomendations on where to get why cheap would be great ;)).

I was leaning toward the $500 model unless someone can sway me.

P.S. its not a door buster so can i sleep in after eating all that turkey and get it some time after 12 or online?

Thanks,

Really depends what you want it for. The $700 version comes w/ a wifi card(~$50), TV tuner card & remote(~$150), faster processor(~$60 more), more ram(~$30 more), bigger hard drive (~$40 more). But the vast majority of people will have no use for the tv tuner & remote, and most will not use the wifi, and wont fill the hard drive. That means that you will pay $250 or so more for $90 of benefit. If you plan on using the tuner card, then you will likely use most of the rest, so it is definitely worth it.

Wow, I really wanna get my hands on the eMachines T3638 Desktop for $200. Specs look better than the current PC i have so i will try and get it. couple questions:

1. Is there any additonal money added to it?(tax etc.?)

2. What time should i arrive at BB to guarantee me the PC? ( Rego Park, NY)

Anything else you guys can share.

Thanks in advance!

Wow, I really wanna get my hands on the eMachines T3638 Desktop for $200. Specs look better than the current PC i have so i will try and get it. couple questions:

1. Is there any additonal money added to it?(tax etc.?)

2. What time should i arrive at BB to guarantee me the PC? ( Rego Park, NY)

Anything else you guys can share.

Thanks in advance!

1. Of course there will be tax, there's always sales tax at BB.

2. You probably should already be in line if you want that deal.