>>> Official Black Friday TV / HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Does anyone have the specs on the 32" Polaroid for $448 at Walmart? I looked through this thread to be sure, but didn't see them, unless I missed it. Thanks!

brightness

500 cd

1200 to 1 contrast

def. up to 1080i

worth 448 but not worth any more not really a good deal you get what you pay for

I went to my Best Buy today to look at the 40" 1080p Samsung that was one of the secret deals on BB's website, and I have to say that I was REALLY REALLY disappointed. The screen was fuzzy and it seriously looked like a standard DEF TV...

AVOID THIS TV AT ALL COSTS!!!!

I went to my Best Buy today to look at the 40" 1080p Samsung that was one of the secret deals on BB's website, and I have to say that I was REALLY REALLY disappointed. The screen was fuzzy and it seriously looked like a standard DEF TV...

Hmm, I would venture to guess that this is not it's normal state. Are you sure you weren't looking at a std def signal? Did you ask the sales person to put on another source. One thing I noticed while at Sears is that they had some of their flat panels hooked up to via standard composite inputs! Yikes.

You can't go by what a tv looks like in the store. Everyone and their brother has messed with controls and most stores have so many units split off the feed that it degrades the picture. Every tv needs to be calibrated out of the box for the best picture. You can easily gain 30% more picture quality by using a dvd meant for setting up tv's, like DVE http://www.videoessentials.com/products_main.php . Anyone who just pulls a tv out of the box and doesn't tweak it is missing out on alot. Do your research and read up on whatever sets your interested in to get the most for your money and also Samsung makes some of the best sets out there.

FYI,

The Hitachi 42" at Sears is no longer available. I went and checked it out today just to see if it was worth it or not. Once I found out that you can't beat the price, I found out it's no longer available. I got home and checked online... sure enough... dead. :no:

Doug

just bought the 37' olevia at target to get price adjusted on friday. yawn. black friday seems a bit boring now though ;/

no real good deals. although that upscaling dvd player at walmart looks pretty nice for 28$

some dvd's, a home theatre system, and i think im good!

Hi. I'm so thankful for all the posts here; I've learned so much! We have a new small home, which equates to a small living room and also a smaller budget for Christmas! Our satellite system has a separate dish for HDTV in the living room. I'm thinking a 37" LCD 720p will suit our needs (we don't do video games or watch sports). When I mentioned my shopping plans to a co-worker, she told me to be sure I purchased a "widescreen" LCD. What difference does it make, if any? Thanks for your input!

Hey Brad... I think an item is wrong in the sears item list. you have that the 42" LG plasma at Sears is $899.. when i look at the adscan it says $1099.. thats $200 more just lettin' ya know! Unless I missed something along the lines...

Yeah, Sears lists the price before savings. If you look underneath that price, it says "before $200 savings."

Btw, I'd also like to hear people's thoughts on the 46" Sharp Aquos for $1299 at CC. TIA!~

...So I've been looking for strictly a samsung 1080p LCD. I saw the secret sale 40'' w/ installation for $1,199....But dont they already have this item on their site for $1149?

I'm confused by this. so its a deal because you only have to pay 50 bucks for installation?:confused:

someone help me find a 1080P SAMSUNG LCD PLEASEE!! running out of time.

...So I've been looking for strictly a samsung 1080p LCD. I saw the secret sale 40'' w/ installation for $1,199....But dont they already have this item on their site for $1149?

I'm confused by this. so its a deal because you only have to pay 50 bucks for installation?:confused:

someone help me find a 1080P SAMSUNG LCD PLEASEE!! running out of time.

amazon has started up their customer value vote, they have a 46" 1080p samsung LCD tv for 799 should it win the vote, that is an amazing price considering it is 1700plus in regular price