>>> Official Black Friday TV / HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Does anybody know what the price is on the 26" LCDTV in the K-Mart BF ad next to the 37" Slyvania LCDTV that is priced at $698? I think it looks like it says SONY on it but can't tell and there is no price next to it or on the other pages. It's on page 14 of the ad scan. Please help!!!:(

I am a total moron when it comes to all the 720p and 1080i things. I think that 1080p is the best. My question is if I'm looking for a 32" would there be a big difference between the 720 and 1080?

No, at 32" any HD source will look good. You need to get much larger than that to start getting benefits from 1080p.

Just a general question...

Both LCD RPTV and DLP have bulbs that have to be replaced every "x" amount of hours, correct?

I only ask this here because my computer is acting up and I can't get onto any of the avsforums or stuff.

And then also b/c brandsmart has a sony rptv for 700 that is a 50" 720p.

I want that Emerson 19" also. Right now I have a small analog with basic cable only. No desire for a big screen or to update to digital. Yes, I know I'm the minority! I think this set would work with regular cable only, no rabbit ears or cable box. Hence, I would be okay for Feb. 2009. Can someone please tell me if I got this correct? Thanks much

I will be trying it (Hitachi 42" Plasma HD 1080 Sears $699) out tonight but the in-store model looked just as good as the others. We can return it if not happy but for that price I can't see how I wont:yup:

Hitachi 42-inch HD1080 Plasma HDTV

$1,399.99 $776.99 with Free Pickup

-------------

http://www.dealcatcher.com/index.asp?v=8&m=609&c=104089&o=1

Above is the link to the coupon on Sears' site. I went this AM and purchased mine. $699.00plus tax. :eyepoppin

Having a hard time deciding on two HDTV's from BB on BF. Do you think the 42" 720p Panasonic for $899 or the newly listed Samsung - 40" 1080p LN-T4066F SKU: 8251303 for $1199 ($700 off from BB.com price)? The Samsung is listed bestbuy.com/thanksgiving2jt.

I hear that you can not see the big gain from 720p to 1080p on anything larger than 50". Anyone have the Samsung LN-T4066F?

Thanks!

Went and picked up the Olevia 237T at Target tonight. The manager said they had 37 in stock. He said that they will be lower on BF and we told him we know thats why we are here tonight. So it is bought and no waiting in line Friday morning!!!! By the way it is 1080i.

They prolly only have 2.. and if you arent first in line.. you arent getting it.. Many people are going for that TV.. Im not standing out in the cold..

We bought a Panasonic HDTV 1080p 42" at BB on Saturday for 100.00 more.. and we get 0% for 3 years!! Cant beat that.. especially when someone else has to wait out in the cold.. Id rather pay the 100-300 more not to stand in the cold.

my local CC has 20 Sharp 46' 1080p as of today, it's not on their TV display section, they said they would place a special order on friday if they had to because it is a 2-day sale

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, Radio Shack, Office Depot, meijer, KMart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

I don't have enough messages to PM you. Could you please email the list to me at [email protected] . Thanks!

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, Radio Shack, Office Depot, meijer, KMart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

please email me this list.THANKS AMILL.

[email protected]

Having a hard time deciding on two HDTV's from BB on BF. Do you think the 42" 720p Panasonic for $899 or the newly listed Samsung - 40" 1080p LN-T4066F SKU: 8251303 for $1199 ($700 off from BB.com price)? The Samsung is listed bestbuy.com/thanksgiving2jt.

I hear that you can not see the big gain from 720p to 1080p on anything larger than 50". Anyone have the Samsung LN-T4066F?

Thanks!

Had one last question. Bestbuy.com now has a bit more information on the 42" Samsung 1080P sale, it is $1,199 including installation. Has anyone ever purchased a TV from BB w/ installation and then cancel the installation to possibly get the refund? Not sure if it is possible, but I would rather save the money from installation.

Thanks in advance

SL

could you send me the list please. at [email protected]

Just curious why no one has really talked about the 40" Sony Bravia (1080p) at Sears for $1399. That seems like a pretty solid price.

I'm guessing most would say that the 46" Aquos is a better deal anyway. Agree?

I'd like to know this also. I stopped past my neighborhood sears to take a look at this set and it is a beauty. I'm hoping that since there doesn't seem to be much interest in it there'll plenty available when I go shopping on BF. I would love a Sony 40' for my livingroom. Seems like a good deal.

~Dee

Can you please email me the list as well?

[email protected]

Thanks!

ok so i dont know too much about lcd tvs and i have a low budget $500, im deciding between the 32" polaroid from walmart, the 32" envision from staples, or the 32" dynex from BB, they all cost about $450,

Which is the best one to go with? are any of them good, they are names i havent really heard of other than polaroid

Had one last question. Bestbuy.com now has a bit more information on the 42" Samsung 1080P sale, it is $1,199 including installation. Has anyone ever purchased a TV from BB w/ installation and then cancel the installation to possibly get the refund? Not sure if it is possible, but I would rather save the money from installation.

Thanks in advance

SL

Their website says that the cost of the TV is $1,199 without the installation. :mad:

Thanks for nothing, Best Buy.

It's official, the TV deals are crapola this year.

ok so i dont know too much about lcd tvs and i have a low budget $500, im deciding between the 32" polaroid from walmart, the 32" envision from staples, or the 32" dynex from BB, they all cost about $450,

Which is the best one to go with? are any of them good, they are names i havent really heard of other than polaroid

Go to circuit city right now and get the olevia 232v its the best picrure and it gives you the best contrast ratio 1600 to 1 and 800cd brightness its the best one out of all 32" that cost under 500.00 dollars. It cost 479 till tomorrow the dynex and the element are trash the next best thing is the envision but its not all that good either the polaroids at walmart are poor the the polaroid at cc are ok, not great but ok; and if you put 50 more to it go to target get the 37" olevia its got the same specs as the 32" but with a bigger screen. All the other 32" are half the specs of the olevia for under 500 dollars. ymmv The thing you want is high brightness and high contrast ratio. stay away from any contrast ratio of less than 800 to 1 and brightness less than 500cd

Thanks!

We spent hours this week researching what we could get for our buck and the sales, where they were and what the tv's looked like. We finally decided on the 42" Panasonic Plasma from Best Buy. The picture is incredible and Panasonic leads the way in Plasma's. My husband spent many hours looking up the lcd vs Plasma debate and the pros and cons.... and we are happy with the choice. Our other choice was the Sharp 42" at Circuit City for $799. The waulity on the panasonic looked better and there was no sharp 42" anywhere.. its an older model they are blowing out.

Keep in mind this Panasonic is an exlusive and not currently in stores. It differs from the actual model in stores now by the trim around the actual screen ( being mattte instead of glossy ) however we spoke with the Store Manager we know and he ensured and promised this was the same specs as the one in stores.

That said, we decided we will be getting it on Friday!

We spent hours this week researching what we could get for our buck and the sales, where they were and what the tv's looked like. We finally decided on the 42" Panasonic Plasma from Best Buy. The picture is incredible and Panasonic leads the way in Plasma's. My husband spent many hours looking up the lcd vs Plasma debate and the pros and cons.... and we are happy with the choice. Our other choice was the Sharp 42" at Circuit City for $799. The waulity on the panasonic looked better and there was no sharp 42" anywhere.. its an older model they are blowing out.

Keep in mind this Panasonic is an exlusive and not currently in stores. It differs from the actual model in stores now by the trim around the actual screen ( being mattte instead of glossy ) however we spoke with the Store Manager we know and he ensured and promised this was the same specs as the one in stores.

That said, we decided we will be getting it on Friday!

Thanks EM! Thanks and I will be at BB on Thursday by mid-day, need to get a laptop for my brother and I know those go fast.

Leaning toward the 42" Plasma Panasonic as the 40" 1080P Samsung looks good, but if I choose the TV with out the installation the price only drops $50 to $1149. If I could cancel the installation after purchase and get a refund for just the value of the installation I could save $150, but not sure if that is even possible or has been done. Is it possible?

Anyone else have thoughts? Thanks in advance!!:)

No, at 32" any HD source will look good. You need to get much larger than that to start getting benefits from 1080p.

I agree. Whereas I only have 1080i on my 51", I've switched back and forth from 720p to 1080i, and cannot tell a difference. I keep it on 1080i, for peace of mind, but I can't tell with my eyes. And I have young, discerning eyes, and I spent hours adjusting my picture to optimize it. I'm sure even with the best source, the difference is so minimal, it's not worth the time or money spent worrying about it.

I agree. Whereas I only have 1080i on my 51", I've switched back and forth from 720p to 1080i, and cannot tell a difference. I keep it on 1080i, for peace of mind, but I can't tell with my eyes. And I have young, discerning eyes, and I spent hours adjusting my picture to optimize it. I'm sure even with the best source, the difference is so minimal, it's not worth the time or money spent worrying about it.

for 100-200 more..why not just go for 1080P??? i leaning towards the 42" Panasonic at Sears for $1100!