Best Buy BF Question

Disney8704

My hubby is getting deployed in a couple weeks so my annual BF shopping trip is out because I HATE BF shopping alone. So, I am gonna try something new this year and do my BF shopping for best buy online and then pick it up at the store. I have never shopped online for BF before or even did the whole pick up store for best buy instead of mailing it to me. So heres my question. Will best buy have the same exact sales online then in the store? And if I were to place my order at 6am when the sale starts and picked it up say around 12 or 1 in the afternnon on BF, would I get the sale price or would I have to pay regular price? Im gonna assume I would get the sale price since I think you pay for it online and then just pick it up at the store. Any info anyone can give me would be awesome!

My hubby is getting deployed in a couple weeks so my annual BF shopping trip is out because I HATE BF shopping alone. So, I am gonna try something new this year and do my BF shopping for best buy online and then pick it up at the store. I have never shopped online for BF before or even did the whole pick up store for best buy instead of mailing it to me. So heres my question. Will best buy have the same exact sales online then in the store? And if I were to place my order at 6am when the sale starts and picked it up say around 12 or 1 in the afternnon on BF, would I get the sale price or would I have to pay regular price? Im gonna assume I would get the sale price since I think you pay for it online and then just pick it up at the store. Any info anyone can give me would be awesome!

None of the BF items will be online for in store pickup. However, they do have some items for BF to ship. Most or all items for the paper ad will be only in store.

None of the BF items will be online for in store pickup. However, they do have some items for BF to ship. Most or all items for the paper ad will be only in store.

Rebirth is exactly right... If BB would allow what Disney8704 proposes, everyone would do it to avoid the crowds.

Sorry, Disney8704. There will be some of the items from the BB ad available online, but not the doorbusters.

Yup. Major limited quantity doorbusters are in-store only, but most of the stuff in the ad should be online. Just be ready to click on a moment's notice as they go almost just as fast.

can always go the day before bf and get the stuff and go back and get the price adjustments

May work, then again, may not. All depends if they have that item out in stock before BF. Most likely the doorbuster cheap desktops and laptops won't be.

can always go the day before bf and get the stuff and go back and get the price adjustments

You were lucky. Most BB stores close there customer service desk so they can use all lanes and all workers for checkout.

My friend who works for BB said that this year all doorbusters will have a special UPC so they cant be price adjusted.

I wasnt really thinking about the doorbusters. I never get there that early anyway to grab any limited qty items. What I was mainly talking about was video games and DVDs. They arent doorbusters. Their always just on sale until like 11am or 12pm. I know here at my best buy, you have 30 days to get the item and take the receipt back to get a price adjustment if it goes on sale. And Im pretty sure last year they had the customer service lane open, cuz I saw a lot of people in it picking up their pickup in store items that they purchased off online.

On the fine print of the Black Friday ads, it says (at least it did last year) that the prices are not subject to the price match guarantee. However, if you do find it cheaper on BF, you could buy it at the cheaper price and just return the more expensive one later. Also keep in mind that often the doorbusters and/or specials are specific UPCs that are only for this sale. They may be limited editions or somewhat different. Walmart did this last year.

• 2 weeks later...
However, if you go on-line and read their fine print for price guarantee on-line (print it off), we got a ton of stuff from Circuit City and Best Buy that way. Their price guarantees are posted differently one line. It actually worked great, we saved a ton of money and didn't have to deal with any crowds at all.

Wait for the ads to start leaking in. If the sale item says something like '5-11am Only' or 'Limited to minimum of 10 per store', then it's a store exclusive doorbuster and won't be available online. Probably not even the day before as most doorbusters aren't normal in-stock items and are exclusive to BF. Usually it's just the cheap computers, laptops, and cameras. Everything else in the ad you should be able to buy online.

I just recently bought something from bb online, and it was a trainwreck. i couldn't imagine dealing with them on a crazy day like black friday!!!

Sorry about your bad experience. I buy things from BB online often for in-store pickup and I hardly ever have a problem. In fact, just before last BF I purchased a few sale items on their BF ad available online and I had no problems picking 'em up in-store on BF.

I just recently bought something from bb online, and it was a trainwreck. i couldn't imagine dealing with them on a crazy day like black friday!!!

Welcome to the community! Dealing with BB on BF as a whole has been painless for most people in the commuity. I think this is just an isolated problem.

• 2 weeks later...

How peeved are people that so many BF items are BF exclusive?

Shoppers can't research the items ahead of time. Furthermore, one BF laptop from Toshiba was totally defective (forums.cnet.com/5208-6035_102-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=52744&messageID=1519788), and people had a tough time getting service till Toshiba admitted to the fault over 3 months later (pcworld.about.com/magazine/2305p042id119979.htm).

Do exclusive SKUs/UPCs have any benefit for shoppers?

How peeved are people that so many BF items are BF exclusive?

Shoppers can't research the items ahead of time. Furthermore, one BF laptop from Toshiba was totally defective (forums.cnet.com/5208-6035_102-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=52744&messageID=1519788), and people had a tough time getting service till Toshiba admitted to the fault over 3 months later (pcworld.about.com/magazine/2305p042id119979.htm).

Do exclusive SKUs/UPCs have any benefit for shoppers?

Welcome to the community!

They have no benefit to the shopper. They are used for tracking and inventory control.

You also made a comment about research the items before hand. That is breaking the rules! ;)

I know your frustration about doing research. I am the type of person that will research for hours. The good thing there are alot of great people on here that do the deep research and do find some info.