Where do you shop first on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

We usually start at Meijer to price match. What is a good to time arrive? Last year my sister and I arrived at 4:00 because you can get inside and pull some items off the shelves that are on sale, but we found that people were already there with their carts loaded. So, if anyone can give us a heads up of what time we should arrive, we would greatly appreciate it!!

Last year tried 24hour CVS first but prices won't start until 6am so went to meiers for the 20inch LCD for $99 after rebate got there at about 12:30 and wandered around. Noticed a line in electronics so I get in line with a cart. At some point they decide to split the line between the tv I want and the tv combo. Lucky most want the combo. They say that there are a certain number (forgot pricise) many, I count the people ahead of me to figure my odds. When they bring out the pallet there is a mad dash and I do get one. Check out with a couple other items that I had in my cart done around 5:05am. I drive by Target next door but long line and not open so next to that Circuit City. I get my dvds in about 10 minutes and then spent about 2hours in line to pay. Then Target is a breeze, after that I hit CVS and Walgreens I then go home to sleep.

In the past two years it was Wally world. The year before that it was Menards- in fact I was the first in line. As a whole I base where I go first on what I really want to get. This year- who knows. Will depend on what I really am after and whether my mom can go shopping that day in another town or not. We tag team over cell phones with what both of us want or need to get.

Originally I have no idea where to go first this year as CompUSA has closed and I did most of my BF shopping online before stores opened. However, someone just mentioned Meijer and that reminded me that was usually the place I went first as they open 24hr and the discounts appear in the system before 5am. (If not, I can always go back for a price adjust later before noon).

• 3 weeks later...
My cousin and I start out about 4:30 am. We usually got to Walmart first. Then hit a Mcdonalds for coffee on are way to Kmart. Then it's off to Columbus, Ohio. We usually got from one side to the other. Depending on what sales there are to which stores we get to then.

Last year was my first BF. Nephew and I joined line at BB at 4:00AM, then went to Wallmart, Target, Kohls, OfficeMax, Staples, different Kohls, then picked up wife and back to Kohls. Not sure for this year, but I am looking for an HDTV with very specific dimensions, so it may depend on whether anyone has just the right HDTV for me.

I know a lot of you will say " It depends on the ads" but for me, I normally always seem to start at Wal-Mart because I can price match and get their deals. Also, it is open 24hrs and I don't have to stand outside in the cold.

I normally hit Target next, then Wal-greens, Best Buy, Old Navy, Kohls, Bath and Body works and then the Mall.

So where do you normally start shopping on Black Friday?

the same here,..Walmart is usually my first stop and open 24 hirs makes it even better

Black Friday is mainly an electronics shopping day for us.....so Best Buy is our first choice each year, esp. since BB got rid of the rebates almost entirely on their products two years ago. I do enjoy the doorbusters and the like being priced "out the door" in the BB ads vs. the "after rebates" junk that CC and CUSA seem to cling to.

I wish Fry's and MicroCenter were closer. Maybe one day I'll just give in and make the 3+ hour trip to ATL to wait at one of those. Of course, I'm driving almost 2 hours to get to the BB we frequent for BF, but it's a lot easier drive than going to ATL.

We avoid Wal-Mart like the plague on BF.....at least until the early bird crowds die off. Typically, we'll hit a Wal-Mart that's in a small town on our drive back home....in Waynesboro, GA. Even after 12N....over the last 2-3 years at least....stopping in at noon or later at that particular WM gave a better experience....no crowds and still almost all the doorbusters still in stock. They do tend to run out of the laptops and desktop computers and some of the toys, but the rest are usually around. But WM is our very last stop before hitting the house.

We hit Sears after BB.......I try to be within the first 5-10 in line at BB, so we can get in and out in under a half hour. Last year, was first in line.....was back on the road in less than 25 minutes.