How Long Have You Been a BF Veteran?

bigjimslade

I have been black friday shopping since I was 12 with my grandma. It was a tradition for the girl cousins when they turned 12 to go with all the women in the family black friday shopping. I now go with my inlaws. Haven't missed the sales in 11 years. (I was six months pregnant last year and aggressive as ever...Don't mess with a woman on a mission to get that toy for their kid!!!!. :cheesy: This is my 4th year on this forum, but I changed my name so it looks like it is my first time.

this will be my 10th yr....my sil and her dd had been going for yrs and I thought I would try it with them and loved it ever since.....I then got my other sil doing it....and now my cousin travels from another state to spend Thanksgiving with me to go shopping with me..lol....My mom goes with me too and has for about 8 yrs....I do believe that my grandma will be here this yr ..coming with my cousin so I am goign to get her in on the action...lol...

I am a 13 year BF veteran. I am 23 years old and I have been BF shopping since I was 10. It has always ben a family tradition to map out the best sales and strategiclly plan which store to hit first. My mom, dad, and I started going together when I was able to drive so we could hit multiple stores first. I love BF and even now that I live 3 hours from my parents with my husband daughter, step-daughter, and 2 step-sons, my parents come down for Thanksgiving so that we can go BF shopping the next day. GOTTA LOVE THE SAVINGS!!!!!:cheesy:

This is my first year... in fact I just registered about 3 min. ago. I'm a little lost right now, but excited to be part of the BF family :D

Edited to add that I have been DOING the BF thing for probably 15-20 years..but just found this board

Well, my BF memories start back in my teen years when my mother, my sister (a year younger than me) and myself would trek off to the stores searching for bargains for my three much younger sisters (they are 12 and 13 years younger than me). This was during the 80's, right in the heart of the Cabbage Patch craze. I don't recall ever buying them any CP dolls but some things I do remember getting them: Pound Puppies, Rainbow Brite dolls, one of my sisters was really into the Ninja Turtles, one of my sisters had an Alf doll and slippers!

One fond memory was going to a Hallmark store with my mother on BF and seeing this really cute Santa pin. Santa sits on a snowball and has googly eyes. When you pull the candy cane string, Santa and the snowball roll around and around. I kept playing with it in the store and when we got out to the car, my mother handed a bag to me. Inside was the pin. I still have this pin today and it still works. I wear it every holiday season.

Another thing that stands out in my mind with BF with my mother was always having lunch at Friendly's.

My mother's been deceased nine years but my sisters and I (yes, the other ones are old enough to participate now!) carry on the tradition. The only thing that has changed is eating at Friendly's--I think we kind of grew tired of their food!

One final memory is a BF shopping excursion with my husband. It was in 1998, just a few months after my mother passed away. We had decided to get my sisters a computer and Walmart had them on sale, of course. Well, this was also the year of the FURBY! So we're standing in line at Walmart, it's five in the morning, it's cold, and just about everyone in line wants a Furby. My husband and I are laughing to each other because all we're there for is to buy some videotapes and of course the computer.

The line moves. My husband decides to charge ahead of me, saying he'll go grab the computer and I can get the videotapes. He told me that as soon as he entered the store, a Walmart employee jumped on to a table located in the little eatery they have and hollered "FURBIES ARE GONE!". :eyepoppin You'd think the world had just ended because before he knew it he was being pushed and shoved, he witnessed a fistfight between two women and he couldn't get the hell out of there fast enough!

That was the last time my husband ever stepped foot into a store on BF! lol!:)

I have been shopping bf for nine years I can still remember the year I started my son was a toddler and wanted the battery operated jeep and whoo hoo walmart had one on bf. I was hooked. I have been lurking around these forums for about three years. This site is the reason I get on the internet.

I have been doing BF since 1996, the year of the great Nintendo 64 throw down. I was hooked. I have friends who ask me how I can still do this. I tell them that I can knock out most of my shopping on this day for just a fraction of the price. The secret is to take someone you can lift just in case. lol. I found this site last year. How I wish I had found it earlier. Last year, I stood in wal mart for 2.5 hours w/my hands on 2 computers for my boys. They had the cops standing their w/all of us at the computers. I felt so sorry for the guy who had to come out and cut the plastic on the pallet. He practically had to run for his life to get out of there. The cops were of no use once that plastic came off. They just stood and watched the melee (sp?).

• 2 weeks later...