What do you take with you on Black Friday?

queenki

I always hit WM first, in the small towns. Much more likely to get stuff, because the nearest city has only one TG, BB, and CC, and there are over 200,000 people in it.

They let us in early, so we don't need coats. I take walkie talkies, debit card in one pocket, license in the other, ads, and DH. Oh, and coffee.

Jeans, T-shrit or sweatshirt depending on the weather, a small packpack, that I keep in front of me, not on my back....inside of it, keys, license, debit card, one or two credit cards that I will use and cash, like one of the other posters found cash is quicker when the machines slow down and my cigs...a must for calming the nerves after dealing with line breakers and rude people...lol...ads for price matching, and a diet coke in my hand...a must since I don't drink coffee...

a T shirt, a light weight jacket, jeans, tennis shoes. Hey its still in the 90's here.. Now not to say it will be in Nov, but after all that running around + walmart lets you in without standing outside....

ads for price matching, debit card, cash, keys, ID card, and Driver License...what more does one need.

tee shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater, Jeans, Hiking boots with hard toes (for buggy protection not kicking lol), wool socks, hat, gloves, hand warmers, and my winter coat. Layering works because after the first stop I am hot. I also hold a huge cup of coffee in line but always finish before going in the first store. I just put my debit card, cc, and DL in my jeans pocket clip my keys to my belt and keep my cell in my coat pocket.

Gotta dress warm but it has to be easy to move. Wisconsin and Minnesota winters can be tough but you get used to it. I also bring my phone and wallet, ads for matching, etc. One thing no one mentioned on here is a camera (the cellphone camera doesnt always cut it). You see some pretty crazy stuff on BF and its always nice to get a quick pic or even a video of someone doing something dumb. There are sites that pay for videos like that.:D

I wear denim cargo capri pants, t-shirt, sneakers and a jacket. I carry a wallet thingy that goes around my neck with cash, and debit card and usually it's tucked under my t-shirt. I carry the ads with me, highlighted of course. We'll have a small tent and sleeping bag since we will try and be in line by 1pm on turkey day.:eyepoppin :eyepoppin

I carry one of those wallet type purses. You know, the ones that are really flat and you just unsnap it and it has a place for all your cards and $$ and stuff. I put that around my neck so I don't leave it anywhere. I'm always paranoid about stuff falling out of my pockets.

I usually wear jeans, a turtleneck and sweater or sweatshirt and comfy shoes. It's cold here in Ohio, but I refuse to wear a coat. I don't like the extra bulk when I'm trying to shop.

This could have been my post......purse on a string, comfy shoes in Ohio......

Also, I make sure to take all the ads and my printed list of plan A, B, C, etc. with me. I leave the pile in the car, but the list stays with me. I have to stay on task!!!

I always just take the essentials...

- Mac Book Pro

- iPhone

- iPod

- Folding Chair

- WARM CLOTHES

= Sometimes extra clothes

- Maybe a magazine

- HAM Radio

= Since I hold my FCC license

- Food

- Starbucks Gift Card

= They're all over the place here in Louisville

- Anything else I can think of

Can't wait! :cheesy:

I have learned to layer the clothing and make sure that what you do layer on are easy to remove during a restroom run! LOL

In your car (if you plan on staying the night in line), make sure that you have an extra blanket, umbrella, hat, hand warmers and a little lawn chair. On me, I carry a passport type carry thing that goes over my head with my ID and debit/credit card, spare key, and my ads because I like going to Walmart to price match most everything.

In a pocket, I always remember chapstick, small tube of lotion, cell phone, and a fingernail file because I seem to break nails during my black friday shopping! :tongue1:

I take the list of things I would like to buy, but seldom get to fill the entire list. I take my DH to push the cart and hold the debit card and money. I also leave him at stores to wait in line while I go on to the next store. He really loves that ;) . I will definately remember a coat this year after being stranded outside in the local Walmart parking lot looking for my car, while my husband waited in line. My husband dropped me off so I had no idea where the car was parked. Once I found it I realized I didn't have the keys. So obviously this year I will also carry an extra set of car keys too. Also, I think this year before BF I will make alot of new friends to wait in line with me so when the doors open we can form a side by side line as we run through the stores so no one can pass us. Just a thought! :D;)

I BRING WALKIE TALKIES!!!!!! Every year the women of my husband's family all get togetherthe night before, lay out a plan and designate who will grab what for whom. We go to bed early and sleep in what we're gonna wear (OMG) shopping, so all we have to do is grab something to eat and drink and go. When we get there, we pass around the walkie talkies. Last year we each had a station that we stuck to like glue until those box cutters came out. I was manning the barbie doll/little people pallette, while my SIL stuck to the digital camera aisle like glue. We had someone near the portable DVD players, and near the easy bake ovens. We were out in like 30 minutes, and I was on my way to Kmart with plenty of time to still stand in line and wait to get in there. I grabbed a CPK and puppy and the Imaginext set, a Foreman grill for my MIL, and was out in 20 minutes, and was home before the kids were good and awake for the men :D

I ditch the purse and carry my cards and cash on me. This year is going to be more interesting since I'm due Oct. 11 for a c-section. Not sure how well I'll be able to scratch and claw if I take her with me, nor do I imagine the men will be eager to take on a newborn alone :D

Am I the only one upset that Wal-Mart isn't going to have Layaway anymore?? Maybe it won't be so bad this year as a result, or maybe it will be worse!

I take a wristlet that has my cell phone, key fob for my car/house key, credit card and debit card, and my list that I print off the BF site. I love it because it fits into the palm of my hand, but is secured to my wrist, so if anyone wants my stuff, they'll have a very hard time! ;)

Honestly, it depends on the Arkansas weather as to what I wear. Last year, it was pretty comfortable, so I just wore jeans and an oversized Cord shirt (I even ended up rolling up the sleeves), and my smooshy, comfy LL Bean mocs (these are always on my feet for BF). If it's cooler this year, I usually just layer so I can shed in the car if I get too hot running around.

Another Buckeye here- I wear layers as well.

I usually end up taking a sleeping bag and zipping it up to my face. It is heavenly in 10-15 degree weather.

We also bring folding chairs but take them back to the car 15 minutes or so before open.

I put all of my ads in a labeled binder too and just pull out the plastic sheet for whatever store we are at.

Tylenol is a must.

I

I Wear My PJ's, I Tag Team With My Husband and we have walkie Taklie feature on our cell phones, debit /creditcards, limited cash amnt. no purse just use a small case .I do the hand warmers too but its not too bad here in Seattle usually when I was on East Coast it was almost always freezing out.

My sister and I are already starting our plan of attack, but we usually dress in layers as well. T-shirt, sweatpants, sweatshirt, tennis shoes. I never wear a coat though it is too bulky and I feel like it slows me down. I take all the ads, my purse around my shoulder, my debit card, credit cards, money ( always have some cash you never know whose machines might be down), gum, candy, and our every year tradition of stopping for coffee and hot chocolate.

Every year I wish I could get away from taking my purse with me but I can't manage to break away from "needing it." I never take more than $20 in cash because everyone pretty much takes a card now except for a few little vendors in the mall. But I only carry the necessities in my purse into the stores and leave all the extras in the car. I'm a jeans and tee shirt girl. Some years it's not even cold enough here in Virginia Beach that you need more than a light jacket - we dont' camp out anywhere so we're only outside for a little bit before a store opens!

Previously, I take my purse with all ads in hand (just in case I may want to pricematch), now i'm thinking of getting a fannypack. I usually were my old comfy nike shox, just in case I have to make a run for it, and some nice and comfy jeans or sweats with a shirt under my sweatshirt. But thank God I'm in FL bc all that other stuf is just to heavy, and with me being 5'10 and slim I can see and get to everything. ;)