Favorite Holiday Song

bigjimslade

Boy, what a toughie. I love them all but I still get chills when I hear O Holy Night. Also most of Handel's Messiah. The boys hate driving with me. I start Christmas music the day after Halloween. In fact I have a cheapie MP3 player that is still loaded with music. Another song I love to hear and sing along to (sorry boys) is Christmas Cookies.

When Christmas comes to town from The Polar Express

Christmas shoes

Away in a manger

Where are you Christmas from The grinch (Faith Hill)

Believe

What child is this

and of course the good ol' oldies Silent Night, Santa Clause is coming to town......

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely have to go with "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"

I can't remember a Christmas where my mom didn't put in the Lynn Anderson Christmas C.D. and listen to it while wrapping gifts and she would always turn it up a little bit louder when this song came on :)

Morris the Moose! Best Christmas song ever! Too bad only 5 people have ever heard of it! I remember listening to it as long as I can remember Christmas!

I LOVE Morris the Moose! My sibs & I grew up listening to an old LP called "Christmas is for Kids." It had Donner & Blitzen, Roly Poly the Polar Bear, The Day Before the Night Before Christmas, 10,000 Santa Clauses, Who's That Up On the Roof..

I spent alot of time last year tracking down that lp, and finally found it. I ordered it in cd format, burned some copies & surprised my brother, sisters & mom at Christmas-time. They loved it. But the best part is that all my nieces & nephews, as well as my own kids, will be continuing our silly family tradition. That cd played in my car for months after Christmas. :holiday16

I LOVE Morris the Moose! My sibs & I grew up listening to an old LP called "Christmas is for Kids." It had Donner & Blitzen, Roly Poly the Polar Bear, The Day Before the Night Before Christmas, 10,000 Santa Clauses, Who's That Up On the Roof..

I spent alot of time last year tracking down that lp, and finally found it. I ordered it in cd format, burned some copies & surprised my brother, sisters & mom at Christmas-time. They loved it. But the best part is that all my nieces & nephews, as well as my own kids, will be continuing our silly family tradition. That cd played in my car for months after Christmas. :holiday16

that is so wonderful! someone from the boards actually sent it to me last year (my fav gift by far)..it is a record and my then 4 year old was so impressed by what a big cd it was!:giggle:

OMG I am a Christmas Carol JUNKIE! I LOVE THEM ALLLLLLLLL!!!

There is one that has been stuck in my head for the entire year... SERIOUSLY I don't know the name but it's kind of operatic and it goes... "la la la la merry christmas... la la la la la la la la" hehe I have been la laing since last December!