What Ad Do You Think Will Leak First???

bigjimslade

What Ad Will Leak First in 2007?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. What Ad Will Leak First in 2007?

I voted for Wal-Mart.

Kind of hoping they try a different tactic and think they will get more customers just because their ad was "leaked".

I have to admit since I found this site I have shopped at stores I would not have gone to if I had not seen their leaked ad well in advance of Thanksgiving Day.

I agree with you, I'm saying Ace Hardware also!

I'll also echo Ace Hardware as first.

Purely speculation, but since Ace Hardware stores are independently-owned and operated (http://www.myace.com), I think the store owners need a little more time to get everything ready, therefore the ads have to go out to the stores sooner. Every other store that does a circular (BB, CC, W-M, Target, etc.) are all corporate-owned.

Again, this is purely speculation! http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/ok.gif

Based on the fact that Walmart's ad was almost the last to get leaked last year, and that the Ceo's was ticked about it, my guess is it's going to be even worse this year to see it. Even though I hope it is the 1st, and hopefully with better ads than the previous years, besides bathrobes and and non-competitive prices. :no:

I will say Ace also, with the minor retailers, and I would say of the major retailers CompUsa or Walmart will leak out in mid October. The CEO of Phillips has already mentioned some deals with WalMart as has Apple too.....................................

Who wants to bet me that the moment we see the first ad come in it'll show up for auction on eBay? I remember people did that last year and made some small fortunes selling the leaked ads to poor saps who didn't know any better. And the ads they were selling even had the web site's 'stamp' on it mentioning where to get it for free.

That's just ... wrong.

Omg I can't believe people did that. Wouldn't you get in serious trouble for selling leaked BF ads?

(and the sad/scary thing is, I'm willing to bet there would be more than one person on here who would pay if we did offer such a thing, lol)

I bet there'd be several...but I'll save my money for shopping and wait the darn extra 10 minutes tapping my fingers all the while!