Will Black Friday Be Different This Year Then In Years Past???

bigjimslade

The first ad was leaked sooner. I would have thought they would have been more careful this year.

While ACE is a good player in hardware I dont see them as a major retailer. I do see BB, CC and WM being more careful and I dont expect to see there ad on here until in Nov and then I expect some last minute deals.

Let me ask this and see what people think. Do you think BF will be different this year from years past? The reason I ask this is we saw a big change in BF and I was wanting to know do you think more stores will make changes to keep us off guard?

If you dont remember last year on the week of Thanksgiving Wal Mart issued there offical ad on Monday and Best Buy on Tuesday. Giving the general public days in advace to look at the ad and make there game plans. Also Wal Mart aired special TV ads during the games on Thanksgiving for extra specials.

Do you think BF will be different this year? Do you think other stores will pull stunts like BB and WM?

Lets Talk! Post your feelings.

Didn't that wind up being a big diaster for them last year? I remember they posted online specials too and when each was revealed it wasn't so special?? I do remember hearing reports that despite all their horn tootin they didn't have the spending $$ they were anticipating. Let's hope they recall last year in this years planning.

I always ask for BF off the minute the schedule book comes out in January:D My local Targets came through big time last year with employees outside so people wouldn't cut the line at the last minute. I really believe it made people less grouchy. I go more for the excitement and less for the items. It's is like cocaine for the shopaholic.

With the economy as it is, we might just be in for a good year. They want our money.

I really think that retailers have learned from the annual "Trampling of the BF shopper at Walmart" and will police the lines better. I also think that they will offer more deals online, and good deals in the days prior to BF just to keep trampling to a minimum. I'm hoping for the online deals. Last year, I got 15 1GB memory sticks for about $8, shipped. That was back in the day when 1GB was something!

Well, last year was the first time I had to wait in line at Staples. It was long, but I got everything I wanted. I'll only go out this year if there is something I really want. I have a feeling 'door busters' will be had before and after BF this year and that many will be available online. Here's to hoping!

• 2 weeks later...
This year I will try online then still go to the stores but if WAL-MART pulls that again like last year I will skip them completely. I think it hurt more than help them. The ad was pretty lame compared to all the hipe. Wal-Mart has about the same things every year so I don`t get the big SURPRISE they try to pull.

While ACE is a good player in hardware I dont see them as a major retailer. I do see BB, CC and WM being more careful and I dont expect to see there ad on here until in Nov and then I expect some last minute deals.

I always do ACE last on BF (at ~8-9am), and yet, I got everything on my list and no waiting in line at all.

two years ago home depot offered all there black friday deals online the day before, but last year they did not. i thought it was great.

Best Buy started their BF deals online Thankgiving day, believe it or not. Everthing was pretty much sold out by noon. I hope we get a repeat this year...

I didn't realize that you could get BF deals online! What other stores offer BF purchases online?

Best Buy started their BF deals online Thankgiving day, believe it or not. Everthing was pretty much sold out by noon. I hope we get a repeat this year...

Welcome to the community to the both of you! I would not put all my eggs in buying BF items online. In years past servers have crashed AND people who did buy items got emails days later saying they were getting a refund becuase they over sold.

One major difference in BF tactics we saw last year was from Wal-Mart. For some reason they decided to offer a pre-BF doorbuster sale on a laptop weeks before BF instead of offering one on BF itself. That was very unusual, but it seemed to work out for some people. I'm kinda hoping to see 'em do the same thing this year to save me some time on BF.

Does anyone remember the date Walmart had that early sale last year? Was wondering when to start looking this year.

I only shop retail stores on Black Friday.

Everything else including food is from eBay or the 99¢ Only Store.

Forgot the topic.

Yes, the crowds will be bigger, especially in places where CompUsa have closed.

There will be less rebates, and hopefully this will not affect the deals.

I could have got a HDTV last year but did not want it.

People thought we were crazy, being first in line and not getting 1 of 3 sets.

Not missing out this year! The price should be about right. I thought they were overpriced last year.

Wal*Mart will go all out this year trying to get back some of the customers they have lost to stores that are smaller, have better service and selection.

This is why they are offering the cheap satellite internet service. So these installers can also hook up your TV's.

IThis is why they are offering the cheap satellite internet service. So these installers can also hook up your TV's.

What cheap satellite internet service is Walmart offering? We need that out here. We keep putting off getting our satellite internet because the start up cost are so expensive.

tia

Amy

I think people see this site as only a Black Friday site as there are many sites out there that are active druing BF. I know Brad and the crew has been trying to let people know that this is not the case.

i enjoy this site for BF because it is put together well and seems to cater to it. but for year round there are other sites i go to which seem to be a bit quicker. you have to recognize that when someone finds a deal, the members on the site they post it to are usually the ones to buy it all. by the time it makes it to the next site it is already out of stock. i visit about 3-4 sites hourly, or more. i don't even buy anything most of the time, i just like staying on top of the deals and if something jumps out as incredible or i need it (not just want it) then i buy. i don't buy simply because it is a good deal, because those deals are always around.

there is one other site that i visit for BF, and they have the alleged sears ads up now, not the ad scans.