I Collect ___????____ Christmas stuff!!!

jarerice

I got married a little over a year ago, so this will be our 2nd Christmas. I haven't really started collecting anything yet unless you count gift wrap! I'm addicted to it, i could almost wrap each present in something different. I do want to start a village collection though.

I got married a little over a year ago, so this will be our 2nd Christmas. I haven't really started collecting anything yet unless you count gift wrap! I'm addicted to it, i could almost wrap each present in something different. I do want to start a village collection though.

Oh my gosh.......I thought that I was the only one with the wrapping paper problem!!! I have soooo many......and the sad thing is I have a hard time stopping myself from buying more. Every year there are so many new cute ones out.......

Ok, I admit it....I have a problem!:giggle:

Snowmen here too. I started when my daughter was a baby (25 years ago) so you know I have a million. We decorate all the bathrooms, 3 of the bedrooms and the rest of the house. I go to the craft fairs every year and end up with a bunch more. I know I really need them! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Santas--in all forms, St Nicholas, Father Christmas, etc. Figurines, paper decor, door holders, towels, dishes, cookie jars, statues....lots and lots of Santas.

Snowmen, variety of materials, but mostly smaller than the Santas...it's the only way we do snow (I live in Southern California).

DH says no more Christmas decor--the garage loft is overflowing. Hmmm well, we'll see about that!

I started collecting nutcrackers a few years ago and now up to 33. I am trying not to buy anymore but in Pennys last week they had a snow man nutcracker in a tropical shorts outfit (I live in FL) and I just had to have it. I do have 2 36" ones that I put inside the front door but they are a pain to put away.

I also collect penguins, been doing that since the late 70's.

Oh man, I collect so much stuff!! Here's my biggies:

Department 56 - Original Snow Village. I normally receive a building or two for Christmas each year. My photo website contains pictures of all my pieces so family can figure out what to get me next...haha!

Christmas trees. I collect fake christmas trees as well as smaller glass and ceramic ones. I have some Fenton glass trees and I covet my electric ceramic ones with the plastic lights.

Ceramic or glass candy or sweets. I'm always on the lookout for ornaments that have a dessert theme, like cupcakes, candy canes, lollipops, etc. My favorite piece is a 2' high Dept. 56 samovar that is styled after a gingerbread house! Oh so cool!

If there is anything i collect it is ether Tinker Bell or Tigger, i have a mish mosh of all different christmas things, I have a rotating christmas tree stand but i put so many ornaments on it that it is to heavy....I try every year to put less but i just cant i put all of them on...

My daughter gets a silver bell every year, has since she was born. Probably the collection is more for me though. :tongue1:

Middle DS loves nutcrackers, and youngest DS decided last year that he also wanted nutcrackers, instead of a car ornament.

For me, it's trains. Love em. Can't wait to put out my new Lego Christmas train I got last month!

And last year I bought all new ornaments, gingerbread and candy. (Couldn't find enough train ornaments to cover a tree.) Now, I've become obsessed with GINGERBREAD TRAINS!

DH would like to have lots of penguins. But we're out of room for now. Maybe next time we change themes.