How long do you leave your decorations up!

jarerice

We have a real tree, so we put it up on BF and take it down usually after Jan 2nd (dd bday) We usually don't have much trouble with the needles, Thank God! lol

Outside stuff comes down then as well as long as the weather isn't bad.

Seriously!?! You can have a real tree for that long? Our's is always beyond crunchy and dry after a couple of weeks. We get ours around the 10th of Dec and this past year it was so dead by Christmas! I actually ended up taking it down a couple of days afterwards.

We have done it this way for 12 years, so far so good! lol Knock on wood. :bonk: We water it everyday. Of course I don't leave it on while we sleep or not at home. It has become a family tradition, and we will continue it until my children don't want to do it anymore.:( We go to a Christmas tree farm and cut it down, maybe thats the difference. The ones you can buy already cut have been cut down weeks before they even get to the stores or where ever you can buy them.

my birthday is jan 3rd, so it usually comes down the weekend after my birthday. I'm used to always having it up past my birthday so I just keep doing it. I also don't have much trouble with the needles or the tree dying. I chop down my own tree (that way I know it's fresh & it's sooo much fun!) and then slice off a bit more before I set it in the tree stand. Then fill it with water each morning. No problems :)

We put our tree and decorations up either the weekend before or the weekend after Thanksgiving. I have a fake tree, and I love it because I can leave it up as long as I like.

According to my grandmother, everything has to be down by Jan. 1st. It is an old superstition, and it is the way we have done it for as long as I can remember.

we put ours up on Black Friday.

we take it down after the EPIPHANY - THREE KINGS DAY---

Three Kings Day is always celebrated 12 days after Christmas. In 2007, this holiday falls on a Saturday, Jan. 6

Also known as the Epiphany, Three Kings Day is a Christian celebration that commemorates the Biblical story of the three kings who followed the star of Bethlehem to bring gifts to the Christ child.

• 4 weeks later...
I have Christmas stuff mixed with Snowman decorations. It all comes out the weekend after Thanksgiving. The tree and the Chrismas stuff comes down the week after New Years and then the Snowman decorations stay up through the end of February. I like having the snowmen at Christmas and some are actual ornaments which come down, but having some that stay up keeps the house from feeling so empty when all they Christmas stuff is gone. I always get kind of sad when all the holiday stuff just disappears.

When ever we feel like it usually around the 28/29 only because we put everything up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so I'm usually ready to take them down pretty early but I have been known to wait untill a few days before ds birthday on jan 13. So it really depends on my moods.

we put ours up on Black Friday.

we take it down after the EPIPHANY - THREE KINGS DAY---

Three Kings Day is always celebrated 12 days after Christmas. In 2007, this holiday falls on a Saturday, Jan. 6

Also known as the Epiphany, Three Kings Day is a Christian celebration that commemorates the Biblical story of the three kings who followed the star of Bethlehem to bring gifts to the Christ child.

That's when you should take them down.too often people think the tree is just for putting gifts under,then just discard it after they are gone.

haha, probably TOO long!!! we usually get around to taking most of them down by end of January, then the stragglers don't come down till March-ish...

That's us too! I was finished packing my Christmas closet by March! But this season I hope to get everything back to normal by Superbowl....:rolleyes:

Depends on how motivated we are. Last year we took it all down New Year's day, but that is unusual for us. We usually don't get around to it till around Jan. 7th. We always leave it up till at least New Year's Day. I consider that whole week between Christmas and New Year's to still be the holiday season and decorations still need to be up and Christmas music should still be played. Thats my opinion anyway. My youngest child's birthday is Dec. 28th, and we always have the decorations still up on his birthday. Thats just the way it is at our house, lol.

Elena

That's us too! I was finished packing my Christmas closet by March! But this season I hope to get everything back to normal by Superbowl....:rolleyes:

im so guilty of that too!! LMAO! once i get the deco up i really really dont want to have to take it down....it was march 1st last year when our 8 foot plywood snowman finally made his exit :smirk:

• 1 month later...

November 1 through Jan 7 - I like to leave them up to the beginning of the Epiphany 1/6.

We do the day after thanksgiving until Epiphany 1/6 as well. I figure part of the reason we give gifts on christmas has to do with the gifts the kings brought to the baby Jesus, so it is appropriate to celebrate christmas through epiphany. Some religions don't open presents at all on christmas but instead wait for epiphany. The twelve days of christmas refers to the twelved days between christmas day and epiphany.