How long do you leave your decorations up!

jarerice

We put our decorations up early, so we're ready to take them down early too!

Usually, we put ours up the day before Thanksgiving, so the house is nicely decorated when the family comes for dinner AND so we have a place to put the presents we buy on bf. :D

We take the tree down as we are cleaning up from opening our Christmas presents.

It's always so nice to see them go up, but just as refreshing to see them go down.

I usually take mine down by Jan. 1st, if not before. I am usually ready fothings to be back to normal. I will leave my snowmen decorations out until I have to decorate for Valentines Day. I have a big wooden snowman I made that sits outside at my entrance that has a christmas tree beside him. I leave him out until March. I just switch the lights from Christmas to Valentines to shamrocks.

ok.. I guess my dh isn't such a scrooge afterall. New Years seems to be the norm. I may even start giving in and taking them down a little sooner. He's off the week of Christmas this year and I have to work so I'll probably come home the first day I'm gone and everything will be put away.. LOL

• 2 weeks later...