247 members have voted

1. 1. How do you wrap?

• Leave them in the bag they came in
    • Gift bags
    • Pretty wrapping paper
    • Have them wrapped at the store
    • It's hard to wrap cash
    • Make personalized homemade gift boxes or bags

each kid gets there own wrapping paper so they can not guess what is theres .. x mas morin they get a card with a piece of paper in it and those are there presents.

last year to be mean my hubby taped a peice of everyones paper to the wall as so as we started wrapping present. so they had to stare at that paper and know what present where theres

Wow,

I feel so not into wrapping. I host a pizza party with people who like to wrap. I keep things organized, they wrap. I will provide the paper for them to wrap their own gifts if they want. I just don't want to wrap presents. I always figured out what gifts Santa would being by looking at what I don't want to wrap the most.

Half the fun in giving a gift is in the presentation! I love giving someone a beautifuly wrapped package with a hadmade bow with fabric ribbon. I buy pretty paper each year for the adults in a color theme (this year is burgundy and gold, last year was blue and silver) and get matching ribbons. Only the young kids get the cheap paper wrap and premade sticky bows because they don't notice. I haul everything out one night for the wrapping night --and it usually takes up a whole night, but I don't care. It's one of my little personal traditions and I love it. My mom was always really into wrapping gifts that way and I guess I get it from her - it's the extra effort into a gift for someone you care about. Nobody just ripps into them they open them carefully and I appreciate that. I'd wrap gifts for anyone who would let me!!

I am a wrapper also. Only do gift bags if it is last minute and I run out of paper or it is something totally difficult to wrap. When it comes to the kids gifts, I wrap in a combination of paper geared to their personal likes and festive paper. Usually I wrap santas in one type and the stuff from myself and dh in the other. I know some people dont wrap the gifts from santa (my friends family did this) but my mom always wrapped everything and I loved it. I would hate the idea of being able to see presents beforehand. Since we have five kids and that makes for a big pile of presents, DH and I usually start wrapping about a week beforehand when the kids are in school. Its kinda funny, because we always look forward to that time because we get to talk and spend time together. Its kind of like a date. I will admit by the end my wrapping technique goes a little bad, but after wrapping all those presents my arms get tired. We try to get everything done before christmas eve so there is no pressure, and beside the last time we waited until the last minute, DH and I were up until after 3am Christmas morning wrapping and of course the kids were up before dawn jumping on our bed:eyepoppin We spent most of the day in a total daze after that. After that we told ourselves we would never let that happen again.

I usually rush to wrap everything on Christmas Eve... I'm a horrible wrapper and my husband is Anal Annie about it. He loves to wrap with striped paper and make every stripe line up on the ends. He does it in varying designs but every stripe matches exactly and it looks like the paper was painted on the box:yuck: . He makes me sick... hehe

I have a variety of ways-depending on the gift. I love pretty paper & cute gift bags! I also have a ton of boxes to disguise the little things. I will pick 2 to 3 nights in December, after the kids go to bed, usually have a glass of wine, and start wrapping. I love sitting with the christmas lights on, and listen to christmas music while I wrap. :holiday02

Oh I'm so bad about needing to make sure the pattern matches up too!! That's one of my little quirks! I make sure when you fold it over that what ever is going to be on the other side will line up once it gets taped down so you don't interrupt the pattern. The ultimate sin in wrapping in my book is cutting some poor santa in half or cutting the head off of some cute teddy bear. My DH won't wrap with me - he chooses a seperate time- he knows not to touch the table and move anything. Although this year I am comming to terms with the fact that my new kitten is unavoidably going to need to help me out.

(She's going to touch my stuff isn't she?)

Wow,

I feel so not into wrapping. I host a pizza party with people who like to wrap. I keep things organized, they wrap. I will provide the paper for them to wrap their own gifts if they want. I just don't want to wrap presents. I always figured out what gifts Santa would being by looking at what I don't want to wrap the most.

I feel you on this. IF I could find people who like to wrap I would host a party for them...:cheesy:

I love to wrap presents but I never get around to it until Christmas Eve usually. I just put in a Christmas DVD and go crazy! Hubby helps sometimes but he's usually busy putting together the big toys (last year it was a huge rocking horse, hee hee, you should have heard him!!).

Ok everyone is probably going to think i am the weird one here.....:eyepoppin :eyepoppin

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TO WRAP PRESENTS:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: .... I pick out paper coordinate ribbons and even make my own bows. I am known as the professional wrapper of the family because no one believes that I do it myself they think i get it done Also I get 3d gift tags and make sure that the tag fits the person or gift. I usually give clue about the gift with the wrapping as in our family your have to guess what the person gave you 3 times before you can open it( this is just for the adults). even though the kids don't have to guess i still give them fun tags i have one niece that has a collection of them.... Don't let on I get them at sam's club they are not home made.:blush: :blush: :blush::yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

i'm anal retentive about our christmas tree so the paper and bags all coordinate with our tree...both our families live an hour from us (we grew up in the same area) so everything has to be loaded up into the car and sorted by which house it is going to..sadly this means i can't put lots of bows on there :-(

i *try* to wrap everything as i get it but usually i wind up frantically wrapping on the 23rd

I am a HORRIBLE wrapper LOL!!! I have finally started using gift bags and tissue paper and things look MUCH better. My husband on the other hand is a wonderful wrapper. His step mom taught him years ago how to wrap. He does such a great job that it sometimes looks even better then if it had been wrapped at a store. I have warned him I may higher him out to other people!!:cheesy:

Santa always had a special paper just for his gifts. Now that my DD is grown and has a child of her own we were talking about wrapping and I mentioned the special Santa paper. She said she never noticed. She was so excited Christmas morning she didn't notice that is wasn't the same paper as the other gifts under the tree.

When I wrap I sort the gifts by families, wrap and tag them. This way even though I have a list I make sure I didn't miss anyone. I like to use bows and adornments but when I pack them to take to the family gathering they don't always travel well.

My DD, SIL and DG all have different wrapping papers so I only use one tag and they know gifts in that paper are for them.

At our house, Santa brings his own wrapping paper every year. All the gifts from him are wrapped in extra fun or silly paper I find. Everything else is wrapped in other festive paper. The kids have gotten a little wise to why they get gifts in previous Santa paper and I tell them that Santa didn't want to waste anything so he left us the roll when he was done!

That's what I do, though I don't do anything specific--I vary each year, but kids get kid related wrapping. Santa just has a couple rolls, and I have a couple others. ;) Santa writes differently than I do (he does block letters), and uses different tags as well.

I love wrapping presents and have been doing it since I was 12. Once my mom discovered my love of gift wrapping, she let me wrap all the gifts except my own. I love doing the pretting bows and ribbons, everything. Dh thinks its pointless to put ribbon on gifts as it makes it harder for the kids to unwrap, but it looks so pretty. I try to use Santa paper for the gifts from Santa, and other pretty, cute paper for everything else. I love snowmen, so I tend to get lots of snowman paper.

I have 2 kids w/ birthdays Dec. 21 and 28, so I am wrapping birthday gifts too. The last couple of years I have gotten character themed Christmas paper that makes great Dec. birthday paper. Nathaniel has gotten Blues Clues the last 2 years, and Makayla has gotten Care Bears and Princesses. The great thing is, they are usually just winter themed paper, not overly Christmasy, so it works great as birthday paper. Maybe in a couple years when they get older and outgrow character stuff I will get them actual birthday paper, but for now this seems to work.

Elena

Well first the kids tell me something they like about Christmas, and then I buy wrapping paper by what they say. This was last year

Andrew my oldest liked candy so I bought candy wrapping paper for his gifts

Jacob was Santas

Hannah was Snowmen

Giovanni was trains (kinda hard to find LOL)

and Angelina had Angels on hers.

For everyone else I just bought a huge roll and they got that

• 2 weeks later...
I love wrapping too...I put thought into the paper for each gift and try to do different bows and ribbons for each one. The kids get the more "fun" prints and I do the fancier stuff for the adults. Santa leaves our gifts unwrapped - sometimes opened and set up if its something like a game system or train track - around the tree.

I like to wrap and I buy all different kinds of paper because I like seeing different paper. I do use bags for somethings that are hard to wrap or if I only have a few to go and I am tired and want to get done. I try not to do the bows and ribbons until 12/23 or 12/24. My kids are getting older now so they don't get as many presents because they are more expensive so I have to stop buying so much paper.

DH handles all of the wrapping at our house, but I make the wrapping paper. I start with a roll of brown postal paper and then set to work embellishing it. I usually give it to him already stamped with "woodsy" stuff, and when he's done he gives it back to me so I can finish off with greenery, twigs, a little ribbon and some gold spray. It probably ends up costing not a whole lot more than regular paper since I can use what I find in our yard.

When I was a kid, the Santa gifts would have newspaper wrapping, but the papers would be from Japan or Germany or somewhere. My Mom finally told me several years ago that she would have one of her coworkers pick up the newspapers when they traveled. I had no clue, I just figured Santa got all of the newspapers in the world delivered to the north pole. Heh.

We use brown postal paper as well, and stamp it and put nice ribbons on it.

I love the newspaper idea! How creative!

What few gifts I have already picked up, along with my Black Friday loot, I come home & wrap. Immediately! I usually have 4 coordinating papers. One for each child, and the fourth for presents leaving our home. I like everything under the tree to match & coordinate. From Santa, they get 1 gift each. Whatever they truly wanted most. That is set up under the tree, unwrapped, and ready to go Christmas morning. (We had a story book, about Santa playing with the toys at the last house on his route) And the stockings are filled by Santa. After my Black Friday rampage, I wrap as I buy. I am never frazzled about my wrapping. :)

I buy all different colors and themes of wrapping paper. I try to have a few character, a santa, some blue, green, ect. I try to buy a kind that I can wrap boys and girls with so they have to read tags. Then when I get rid of all the kids for a few hours I just get everything out and sit and wrap for a good 4 hours straight as I wonder why I thought I didn't buy them enough,lmao. I have a feeling my wrapping is going to get easier as the yrs go by since I have a DS turning 13 and he wants a PSP and an xbox360. I guess the presents get more expensive but less of them as they get older. I have to have an entire wall covered in gifts about 4 rows deep every year,lol.

I usually go through about 10 rolls of wrapping paper just on my kids and 130 pack of gift tags atleast so I couldn't even imagine making my own gift wrap,lol. I do stick bows on them all after I neatly put them out under the tree,lol.

All of you put me to shame! I hate wrapping and usually try to wrap giftss as I buy them just to get it over with. This year though, I have not done this and I can not deal with all that I have already bought, and have to wrap! I will buy paper at the dollar store and wrap each child's gift in thier own paper (to save confusion) but do not enjoy it. Same goes for co-workers, etc. I wish someone in family did not take after me, but LOL we all feel the same way!