247 members have voted

1. 1. How do you wrap?

• Leave them in the bag they came in
    • Gift bags
    • Pretty wrapping paper
    • Have them wrapped at the store
    • It's hard to wrap cash
    • Make personalized homemade gift boxes or bags

I love wrapping gift..Pretty paper that I purchase the year before At Target after christmas sale:)

Yep - that's what I do too :)

Most things get wrapped. I will usually tie some pretty ribbon and bows on them and sometimes I even make handmade tags (last year I also made handmade cards - but that took forever! so not sure I will do that again). A few things will end up in pretty bags with tissue paper and ribbon and all.

I love to wrap presents! I don't buy the "high-priced" paper, but instead I hit up the dollar stores and after Christmas sales. Sometimes for the adults, depending on the present, it may get put into a gift bag.

My DD gets presents from my husband and I, as well as "Santa." I usually wrap hers in character or bright colored paper.

Santa presents do not get wraped. Instead, "Santa" puts them together and leaves them out around the tree. I've heard "Santa" likes playing with the toys! :D

I love wrapping! The stuff from Santa is wrapped in paper with Santa on it...different roll for each kid. The stuff from us to the kids is wrapped in character paper...each kids favorite character of the year. Everyone else that we give presents to either gets a gift bag or some kind of pretty Christmasy paper.

DH handles all of the wrapping at our house, but I make the wrapping paper. I start with a roll of brown postal paper and then set to work embellishing it. I usually give it to him already stamped with "woodsy" stuff, and when he's done he gives it back to me so I can finish off with greenery, twigs, a little ribbon and some gold spray. It probably ends up costing not a whole lot more than regular paper since I can use what I find in our yard.

When I was a kid, the Santa gifts would have newspaper wrapping, but the papers would be from Japan or Germany or somewhere. My Mom finally told me several years ago that she would have one of her coworkers pick up the newspapers when they traveled. I had no clue, I just figured Santa got all of the newspapers in the world delivered to the north pole. Heh.

• 2 weeks later...
I set out with the best intentions every year, I have purchased so many of those mini ornaments over the years (hoping to use them to decorate gifts)....such good intentions but then I pull out the wrapping paper and it's such a chore to get the gift wrapped just so that I can't even think about decorating them at that point!! :)

I set out with the best intentions every year, I have purchased so many of those mini ornaments over the years (hoping to use them to decorate gifts)....such good intentions but then I pull out the wrapping paper and it's such a chore to get the gift wrapped just so that I can't even think about decorating them at that point!! :)

Me too, I gave a bag of bows as we are putting the stuff under the tree and hope they stick!

To keep the peeking down, I wrap my three boys gifts in different paper. Each boy has their own design. I don't put names on the tags to them. They don't know whose packages are whose until I hand them out. Then I wrap my other gifts in different paper. Santa always has his own paper.

I LOVE wrapping presents. I have to resist the urge to wrap each present as it comes in the door, but I just remind myself how much fun I'll have to set up shop and do it all in one night. See, if I have a ton of presents to wrap, it is worth the effort to haul EVERY wrapping paper roll, ever type of ribbon and bow, every present etc out to the living room.

I make my Grandma's Hot Buttered Rum Recipe and turn on the Christmas music and sing along and TOTALLY enjoy the whole experience. I LOVE it, and it is one of my favorite holiday things to do.

When my husbands bachelor friends both realized I liked it so well, the actually brought all of theirs for me to wrap one year...however, I found that it is not NEARLY as fun to wrap presents that don't mean anything to you...Half of the fun is wrapping something you've picked out for someone you love (or that you HAD to buy for ;) ) and imagining them receiving it and all of that...so I didn't offer to wrap presents for the "guys" anymore.

I just do my own...all in one night. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Same here! If dh had his way though, everything would be wrapped in aluminum foil or newspaper!:yuck:

Hey! whats wrong with newspaper??? LOL I use newspaper cuz its better for the enviroment but I do try to use the comix or the sports sections to wrap. About this time I start saving up the sunday comix to use as wrapping paper.

You do have to be careful about which section to use when you wrap. One day several years ago a co worker found some nice tiles in her attic. She thought they would be nice for putting our coffee mugs on at work. Since she wanted to surprise us a little, she wrapped them up in newspaper. But she didnt pay attention to the section she wrapped my tile in.

Yep, I came into work, found a tile wrapped in the obituary column on my desk.

ROFL

Wrapping???....Pretty Paper....When I have time...I work for a insurance company and the 4th quarter is our busiest time of the year and luckily they offered a concierge(sp) service that would wrap 3 gifts a day for us so thank god for that or I would not have had any gifts wrapped last year....and I am sure this year will be pretty much the same thing.

I also spend WAY too much time wrapping. I pick paper that matches my tree (after all, I have to look at it for a month) and each kid/ family gets there own paper. This way I just have to look at the wrapping paper to know who the present is for. Then I like to go all out with the ribbons and bows, often making my own bows. I think I also need therapy.

I really am starting to think i might have a problem. My tree is themed, my wrapping paper is themed. I spend a lot of time time picking the paper, bows, gift bags..etc. Santa gifts get Santa paper. "To Go"( any gift that leaves me house by the week before ) gifts gets a variety.I wonder if I am approaching needing therapy.

Oh....my tree is themed too. Takes at least a day to decorate it, but I love it!

Soooo, my wrapping paper must match the tree!!! :P