247 members have voted

1. 1. How do you wrap?

• Leave them in the bag they came in
    • Gift bags
    • Pretty wrapping paper
    • Have them wrapped at the store
    • It's hard to wrap cash
    • Make personalized homemade gift boxes or bags

At our house, Santa brings his own wrapping paper every year. All the gifts from him are wrapped in extra fun or silly paper I find. Everything else is wrapped in other festive paper. The kids have gotten a little wise to why they get gifts in previous Santa paper and I tell them that Santa didn't want to waste anything so he left us the roll when he was done!

No method really. I have my hubby help me wrap gifts for his parents and his sister and her family. The rest I pretty much do myself unless I can talk someone into helping me with those too. I use a mixture of wrapping paper and bags. I would love to just put everything in bags for the adults in the family, but that takes the fun out of it. We usually get the adults about 5 gifts or so each and bag after bag after bag is boring after awhile.

i LOVE to wrap presents too! I buy lots of wrapping paper and i try to pick out the right kind of wrapping paper, depending on the persons present whom i'm wrapping for.

for instance, my nephew is TOTALLY into monster trucks/legos/hotwheels so i always wrap his in paper that has this design.

the girls get princesses, dora and this year, my DD will get some spongebob since that is her new thing.

the adults will get this really cute paper i bought from a catalog at 75% off last year. it has santa in shorts, playing in the sand on the beach and various scenes like this. I thought it was cute since we live in AL now and not MI and our family from the north will get a kick out of it, lol.

then of course, i am ALL ABOUT fancy, glittery, scrolling-writing paper. it just makes me happy, lol.

I really am starting to think i might have a problem. My tree is themed, my wrapping paper is themed. I spend a lot of time time picking the paper, bows, gift bags..etc. Santa gifts get Santa paper. "To Go"( any gift that leaves me house by the week before ) gifts gets a variety.I wonder if I am approaching needing therapy.

we have 3 different christmas gatherings so I wrap for my girls in a certain disney character paper.....and the gathering I have here for my side of the family is wrapped in a different....usually other different disney characters....and for my inlaws they are done in something different...either bags mostly or other pretty paper.....this way all I have to do is look and know where they go....lol..and I hate to wrap so I put it off ....I make hubby and the girls do the ones for his side...lol...way to many to wrap when you hate to do it...my girls love to do it so I let them have at it...lol

I use a system of wrapping too. I wrap the kids presents (sons, nephews, nieces, etc) in kid paper and then pick a pretty one for the adults. I also try to use the same wrapping paper for each person I wrap for. For instance, if my oldest son is getting 6 presents under the tree from "mom and dad", then I wrap all of his six in the same special paper that I have picked out for him. I do the same for my youngest son. I know, I have lost my mind.

I use pretty wrapping paper for everyone but my kids and they each have there own my daughter is usually disney princess and my son spongebob that way the both know which is theres since they are 5 and 2...then Santa gifts aren't wrapped they are just put under the tree out of there packages

I'm all about the wrapping paper. I start buying my paper the day after Christmas for the following year. Each person gets their own paper and that way I don't have to bother with gift tags.

The nieces normally get different kinds of princesses, or Dora, etc. Stuff like that!

I usually use many different patterns of wrapping paper. I love the look of all the different packages under the tree. That's how it was when I was growing up.

My dh's parents never used to wrap ANY of his and his sisters gifts. They would have lots of presents but nothing was wrapped. Where's the fun in that? IMO I just think his mom was lazy. If my mom could wrap presents for 5 kids she surely could have wrapped something for 2.

As soon as dh starts asking me why I am wrapping all the presents, [and he does it every year] I tell him he better be quiet or he will be spending Christmas with his mom. LOL!

BTW he does wrap my presents.

I am INSANE about wrapping presents. I have specific paper for "mom and dad" gifts, and specific paper for "Santa" gifts. I use completely different types of tags, ribbons, decorations, and even disguise my hand writing.

My Mother in law, on the other hand, just puts stuff under the tree in walmart/kmart/dollar store bags. Although last year I convinced her to give wrapping paper a try, she ended up picking out paper with a bloody Jesus on the Cross. That woman puzzles me.

I have "Santa" paper as well, and I write in a different handwriting from Santa. Pretty "grownup" wrap for my parents, DH and the inlaws. I buy many different kinds of wrap for my children, I like a lot of color under the tree. I love lots of bows too. Although I admit I hate to wrap lol. DH likes it though so I set him up with the T.V.,food, and all he needs to wrap, along with a list of what is from us and what is from Santa. He is a very slowwwwwww wrapper but he gets the job done lol.

I use a mix of things including newspaper. With my son in school now I know that soon it will be time for fall fundraisers and last year there was some very nice paper in the catalog along with a bag assortment. Still end up getting one or two rolls of paper for larger gifts but I'd rather help support my son's school where possible.

All "Santa" presents are wrapped in Santa paper. :) All others are wrapped in whatever Christmas wrap I can find that ISN'T Santa themed.

Same here. We have 2 kids and all their santa gifts are wrapped in santa themed wrapping paper however each child has a different design from the other. The rest of the presents are in non santa themed wrapping paper. I do use bags for the odd shaped items.

• 2 weeks later...

Santa gifts get santa wrapping paper (usually purchased after Christmas the year before). About 4 years ago, I stocked up on wrapping paper, tissue, bags and what-not at Walmart the day after Christmas, and I am just now using the last of it.

I don't like to spend too much $$$ on wrapping paper since it's only use is to be ripped off - so I go for the clearance stuff. No real theme or anything when buying it (except for the Santa stuff), I just buy what's pretty and seems like a good deal.

We also bag odd shaped items (or just bag multiple gifts if I am in a hurry). DH wraps mine, I wrap all the rest.

I am anal about wrapping.. one of the few things. I have to have several cooridinating designs, one for DD, one for DS, etc. Even the tags have to match, all with hand-made bows. I don't do gift bags, because I agree that takes the fun out of it.

Santa stuff does come in fun paper, because I'm so psycho.

I usually find my paper at the DT, in late October. I try to buy enough, but I'm always short half a roll, so I find myself in there every Thursday, just digging away.