Do you kids still believe in Santa?

jarerice

DD5, yes and ds8, not sure, he has questioned since he was 5, but then acts like he believes. I didn't think I had to worry about dd5 until the other day, I said "I have to send your brother's xbox back to where we bought it to get fixed." She says, "WHAT? I thought Santa got it for him?" I guess I have to be more careful now!

My nearly 14 yr old knows but is willing to play along (because I love it) and my 10 yr old is trying hard to still believe. But he started questioning early because of Nintendos and things that Santa's elves couldn't make and overhearing conversations over costs etc. So I got creative and invented the parent payment that parents have to pay Santa to help defray costs of technology things. I also explained my going out on BF as helping Santa's elves to get the best deals on things... I'm going to burn in Hell for my stories but I like Santa and I don't want to give up the traditions. My youngest brother is 7 yrs younger so I got to help play Santa for him once I finally admitted I knew and I took over the stockings for the whole family when I was 16.

• 2 weeks later...

My nearly 14 yr old knows but is willing to play along (because I love it) and my 10 yr old is trying hard to still believe. But he started questioning early because of Nintendos and things that Santa's elves couldn't make and overhearing conversations over costs etc. So I got creative and invented the parent payment that parents have to pay Santa to help defray costs of technology things. I also explained my going out on BF as helping Santa's elves to get the best deals on things... I'm going to burn in Hell for my stories but I like Santa and I don't want to give up the traditions. My youngest brother is 7 yrs younger so I got to help play Santa for him once I finally admitted I knew and I took over the stockings for the whole family when I was 16.

When it comes to Santa, there is no HELL! "Everything" is truthful in SantaWorld! :fluffy:

This Christmas DS will be 4 and DD will be 7. They both believe. I almost blew it last year with DD. I left the boxes to the "big items" in the basement and she found them. We are big on setting our recycling out every week, so she assumed that Santa had left it for us to give to the recycling man. Got to be more careful this year!

My DD9 still believes. However, I too think this may be our last year believing. :( It will crush me when she stops believing because she is my only child.

For the past two years she has been asking questions, and thankfully I have been able to avoid telling her. She asks me if Santa is real, and I ask her what she thinks. She still believes, but she has some friends who do not.

One thing that has been a big help is the Santa tracking they do every year. It is called NORAD http://www.noradsanta.org/en/tracking.php. She loves to watch the videos and listen to where all Santa has been.

So I got creative and invented the parent payment that parents have to pay Santa to help defray costs of technology things. I also explained my going out on BF as helping Santa's elves to get the best deals on things...

I use the same thing with my DD9. I told them that Santa brings the toys, but mommy and daddy have to help him pay for them. As for my BF shopping, DD has never gone with me and never knows what I get on BF.... so thankfully, I have never had to explain that. But if I do, I am borrowing your idea! :D

So I got creative and invented the parent payment that parents have to pay Santa to help defray costs of technology things. I also explained my going out on BF as helping Santa's elves to get the best deals on things... I'm going to burn in Hell for my stories but I like Santa and I don't want to give up the traditions.

Thats what I did too...DS 9 thinks that I send Santa money via PayPal..lol and that we go out on BF to pick stuff up for Santa because he can't have elves at every store..lol There are times that I think he really knows but if he does then he falls for the Santa Tracker every year and wants to drag DS 15 to be at 6 pm...lol

DS 15 is great about it he really enjoys watching his brother belive...he helps with the wrapping and last year he was the one who got in line for the Wii...he kept saying "Jacob is gonna lose it Christmas mornin'! How much do you wanna bet that he will get so excited that he shakes?" Then there are those times that he tells him "Santas elves came a little while ago and I told them that you have been a slob and don't do your chores, so if you clean my room I'll tell them that you've been real good nex time they come." Well they are brothers after all...:no:

LOL... I am 35 and still belive... cause if I didnt... my mom wouldnt get me a thing.. she did that to me one year when I was about 13... you know.. too big for my britches... but still wanting to be a little girl. So now.. we pile all the kids and my neices in my bedroom with the bathroom and tv.... and they cant come out till the next morning... and the big ones make it fun for the little ones. Although it is getting harder and harder to buy for the big ones.... geesh... to much technology.

I will never admit to my kids about Santa. They know that once they voice to me that they no longer believe the Santa gifts will no longer be under the tree. Since Santa normally brings them stuff they know I won't buy, they have yet to tell me they stopped believing. They are 16 and 13. My DD13 has hinted that she no longer believes, I give her the speech about no more Santa gifts and that normally stops it.

I remember my mom telling me and I was crushed. I think I was like 12.

My son (9, 8 last year) was asking questions last year and found one of my flub ups ("Mom, there's a package out there that says DS Case on a postit!" -- Oops:smirk: ), but a story from his sitter told her he still believed...

They were all in the car, and she asked who believed in Santa. Of course, nobody wanted to be the first to raise the hand, so they all kind of looked at each other... Then my son speaks up and says, "Well, my mom can't afford to buy all the things Santa does, so he must exist!" All the other kids agreed and his sitter had to try REALLY hard to not have a heart attack from stifling her laughter! :sidesplit

I guess it does pay to take DS through all the clearance aisles ("Look mom! Clarence!") and let him know realistically when we can't afford something:)

DD does not anymore (she is 12), DS1 (9 years) says he believes but I don't actually think he does. He has a lot of questions for a believer. and DS2 is to young to know who Santa is (10 months)

I am going to be so sad when I don't have believers anymore. I think I will do like my mom does....we still get "santa" at her house and we are grown. :D

My son is now 10 and he informed me over the summer that there is no Santa. I was crushed! When I was growing up my parents didn't do Santa, presents were from mom and dad. When my husband and I had our son, we started the Santa tradition. We went so far as to buy different wrapping paper for the Santa presents and dispose of all evidence that we were the ones. Then there was a horrible mistake 2 years ago. We had purchased him a fooze ball table and because it was like in a hundred pieces we decided to put it together on Christmas eve. My husband and I were busy putting it together (at about 1 in the am) when he came down stairs and opened the door to our room where we where putting it together. We promptly put him back in bed but the next day the questions started. We explained that Santa brought the present but that he wanted us to put it together. We thought he had accepted that.

This summer he told me that there was no Santa and he said that the reason he didn't was because he saw us putting the fooze ball table together. I tried to tell him that we were just putting it together for Santa but he did not buy it! He told me that last year he was playing along for me.

He is growing up!!

My 6 yr old still believes.

My 13 yr old does not.

My 13 yr old loves keeping the magic going in our house about Santa. He loves the fact he knows something that his brother doesnt know. :lmao: We also let him help bring out some of the 6 yr old's presents on Christmas Eve.

My 12 yr old has known about SAnta since kindergarten (shame but the kids told him and he was dead set on no santa so we had to confirm).

My 7 year old still believes. This year though she came home (last week) and a boy at school was telling everyone about no Santa. She didn't believe him though. lol