What do you leave out for Santa?

jarerice

We always leave milk and cookies, some years the kids threw magic reindeer dust in the yard(oats w/ glitter) and a couple years ago, my son insisted we leave Santa one of his Dad's cigars and a bottle of his Guinness. LOL We always leave a few crumbs on the plate and really drink from the glass so it looks real and some years my DH uses a calligraphy pen and leaves a note thanking the kids from Santa.

We leave hot chocolate on the stove and a note telling Santa to take any snack from the cupboard he wants, plus we put reindeer food and carrots on the yard (usually it's snow covered). Santa always leaves the cupboard opened and the snack wrapper on the counter with a thank you note.

Cheese & Crackers!!!! ever since that commercial LOL thats what the kids want to leave.

I leave cheese and crackers as well in hopes Santa will leave me a few extra goodies!

I simply adore that commercial.

"I didn't leave him cookies, I left him Cheese!!!!"

My children have always put out milk and cookies and then carrots for the reindeer. but I remember when I was little my dad always made us put a beer out for santa along with the cookies..and he would always drink some of it..lol..

I bet Santa loved your house that year. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Traditionally we have always left out cookies and a glass with a note to help himself. I notice he likes the eggnog the best (with a little kahlua or amaretto in it). But we have also left out sausage balls and left instructions on where the rest of the leftovers from a Christmas Eve get together were located in the frig. Last year my youngest son made cookies with mommie's tired help (she had to work on CHristmas Eve in a call center for all those ungrateful people that waited until the last minute--the actual last business day to order online and expected delivery in time for Christmas) because he didn't want Santa to eat store bought cookies again. (I know Santa loved the Oreos with the red icing the year before).

We do either cookies or candy depending on what the kids have left because they refuse to leave him store bought anything so it's whatever is left after the family has been over. Usually leave milk out but once in while we have to leave chocolate milk.

For the reindeer, apples.... they eat them core and all and usually find a stem or a seed or two on the plate and that is it.