Best Buy Black Friday Ticket System, FAQ and Sample Ticket

bigjimslade

I've camped at BB on BF for the past two years ('05 and '06) and have not had to line up on Wednesday night yet. Of course, here in Chicagoland we get the really cold weather too, so it's really no wonder. In 2005 myself, my older brother and a sister got to BB at 10:00pm and were the first ones in line, in 2006, we got there at 9:00pm and were the 3rd in line. I think if I go this year, I'll try for 6 or 7 o'clock on thursday evening. It really makes a difference as to when you should turn up for the big ticket items depending on what the weather forecast for your area is going to be. People in cold northern states can get in line a lot later than those down in the balmy southern states. :o) It's much harder to stand in line for 10 hours when you might get frostbite or hypothermia in the process.

i also camped out last year at BB and was just short for getting the Panasonic 42" plasma tickets, but they let me rain check it for the same price and picked it up a week later..well worth the wait in line.. can not wait to do it again this year..(need a new tv for the bed room)

i also camped out last year at BB and was just short for getting the Panasonic 42" plasma tickets, but they let me rain check it for the same price and picked it up a week later..well worth the wait in line.. can not wait to do it again this year..(need a new tv for the bed room)

Welcome to the community! What time did you get there last year?

I live in Knoxville, TN and I got in line last year at 4:00 PM on Thankgiving. I was about 30th in line. I got the 42in Panasonic Plasma and everything else I wanted. Problem was last year it was so warm that I started in line in short sleeves. The first people in line got there about 9:00 AM on Thanksgving.

Welcome to the community! What time did you get there last year?

Midnight. Way to late to get the tickets about 150 people in front of us. BB employees were handing out Krispy Kreem donuts and coffee to everyone. Almost saw a fight break out when someone broke in line right before the store opened. but there was off duty cops all over the place and everything was kept in order. Had lots of media people everywhere getting film for the local TV shows.

I've never did BF at any store. How should I prepare, what should I bring or not bring? Want to do BB in NYC. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Welcome to the community!

If you want to do BB in NYC I would get there around 10pm on Wednesday. I would bring stuff to surrive the weather. Stuff like a heavy coat and maybe a sleeping bag. The way you should prepare is be active in this community. People like myself will help you by answering all your questions that you may have. Also you want to get a copy of the BF ad early. You can do it here when it is leaked.

If you have any more questions please ask. Be prepared to camp out!

• 2 weeks later...
Here in Minnesota, getting in line between 9 PM and midnight on Thursday is good enough to ensure you get a ticket for what you want. I showed up around 11 or midnight in 2006. I really wish I had gotten the 23" HD computer monitor by Westinghouse. My friends did and it looks great on computers and on PS3s.

Hi all... Just wondering if anyone has camped out at a BB in Houston and if so, what time did you get there and where were you in line? Just curious to know when I have to head out? Thanks!!!!

Welcome to the community! I had a friend that did and he said that you need to get there around 1130pm on Wednesday.

Welcome to the community! I had a friend that did and he said that you need to get there around 1130pm on Wednesday.

Here is a question for you Jim! Have you heard of a national store chain policy concerning tickets, or are we subject to limitations based upon local mangement's interpretation of the ticketing system?

We had a problem last year where one associate tried to limit us to one ticket per person, not per item! Thankfully, it didn't fly!:eyepoppin

Here is a question for you Jim! Have you heard of a national store chain policy concerning tickets, or are we subject to limitations based upon local mangement's interpretation of the ticketing system?

We had a problem last year where one associate tried to limit us to one ticket per person, not per item! Thankfully, it didn't fly!:eyepoppin

The tickets do come from BB corp HQ and there are guidelines on the tickets that comes from HQ. But as anything the tickets are up to interruption of the store manager and even you might have input from the district manager. Last year there were really no problems that I can remember. I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please ask.

The tickets do come from BB corp HQ and there are guidelines on the tickets that comes from HQ. But as anything the tickets are up to interruption of the store manager and even you might have input from the district manager. Last year there were really no problems that I can remember. I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please ask.

Thank you. I am definitely going to ask questions of the store manger this year!

I love bf but I don't think that I could start in line on Wed and stay all day Thursday until Friday morning. No wonder I don't get the good tickets.lol

Welcome to the community. Becuase of media last year of BF sites lines started early and will start early this year as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I love BF, and love BB even more, but I couldn't get in line on Wednesday. Spending time with my family on Turkey Day is more important then any material item. I got to BB on BF at about 3:30 a.m. last year. The line was very long, but I still got everything I went for. Of course, I didn't need/want a computer, laptop or tv.

I never had the desire to get something at BB. Last year my nephew wanted something. He planned to get up at 4 am to get in line.:cheesy: We went to a store across from BB and saw the line at 7pm Thanksgiving. We called him, saving the money wasn't worth managing an Alaskan night outside. I may do BB this year if the deal on the large tv is worth it to me. The also depends on the weather. Nothing is worth camping out at 10 degrees or below to me.

Have a great time all.

wow looks like I have my work cut out for me this year, will be my first bb on BF. BB on the street I live on so maybe walking up maybe a good idea and pick up item ( lcd tv) nI hope later or is that a bad idea. Just sounded easier? Any suggestions. Thanks

wow looks like I have my work cut out for me this year, will be my first bb on BF. BB on the street I live on so maybe walking up maybe a good idea and pick up item ( lcd tv) nI hope later or is that a bad idea. Just sounded easier? Any suggestions. Thanks

Welcome to the community!

No matter where you live.....by a BB or miles away you will need to get there by 12noon on thanksgiving day if you want to get a LCD TV.

The madness is spreading. Three years ago, I got to Best Buy around 3am and I was in the top 50 in line. Two years ago I got to Best Buy around 1am and I was around 150th in line. Last year I got to Best Buy at 9pm on Thursday evening and I was about 200th in line! I wish you people would quit going so early, at this rate I'll have to camp out and miss my whole Thanksgiving:cheesy: The funniest thing about my Black Friday at Best Buy is that I am usually alone, none of my friends are nuts enough to stay all night. However, every year there are the two guys who end up within 5 people of me in line. I never see them till we get in line, and every year we camp out and catch up on a year's worth of stuff. Wonder if they'll be there this year?

Happy shopping.

Good posting, Jim.

Another point to make about Best Buy and why they have the long lines, esp. the last few years.......no rebates to contend with. BB's prices, esp. on the doorbuster items, essentially match all the other stores after their rebates....but BB ditched them a couple of years ago, so now you get the "cheap price" with no rebate hassle or wait......just straight cheap price out the door.

One other thing......as for the customer service desk, at least at the BB we go to......it's not used as a general checkout counter but is instead reserved for shoppers who had the ticketed items, such as desktops, laptops, all the ticketed TV's, etc. You'd shop and get all the unticketed items you want.....and then stand in the customer service line instead of the general checkout line, to pay for all your items.

This made the checkout faster for everyone. If you had no ticketed items, you stood in the usual checkout line. If you had ticketed items, you stood in the customer service line. Behind the CS desk, they had all the laptops and desktop computers that were ticketed, and provided special pickup tickets to procure your TV or whatever that was too large to fit in your cart. You then drove to the rear of the store to acquire your larger item.....and they'd load it into your vehicle for you, too.

This really worked out very well for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I've a quick question, best buy has a laptop for $399, then if you pay a $100 more (total $499) you get some extras, like a printer, a bigger hard drive, etc. Would the $399 lappy versus the $499 lappy each be two different tickets or just one ticket and you just check off that you want the extras for the $100 more?

Thanks BigJimSlade. Love ya big guy

My question: If I get a ticket at 3:00 a.m., can I leave and come pack at 9:00 a.m. to pick it up? Or will BB expect me to be in line at the opening hour?

BTW, the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln. I know all my state capitals, Jim. And if your appetite isn't satisfied yet, call me, or better yet, kick down my bedroom door!!!

Thanks,

Matt aka shoplifter

I was 8 months pregnant with baby #2 in 2005 and we camped out there all night in mansfield ohio

my husband and toddler son (1 yr old at the time) stayed in teh car with heat on and I stayed out in cold (coldest night of the year!!) - when i got too cold, my husband would switch with me.

i'm typing on the computer i bought that day. (the $150 computer deal.)

I want a laptop now. :)

and a pda if they offer a good one.

so you CAN do it with children just plan accordingly to waste a tank of gas keeping the fmaily warm. . ..

we arrived at that bestbuy around 9pm that night and there were already a few folks in line.

this year when i do it, i'm thinking seriously about bringing my tent as i now have 2 young children and this way they can lay down and sleep easier. . ..

bettyann

Hey, I camped out at this same Best Buy in 2006. I got there at about 7pm and was somewhere between number 15-20. Although I didn't take one, bringing a tent is a good idea. The people directly behind me had one which helped block some of the wind :D . I'm thinking about going at about 5 to 6pm this year the night before to get a good spot in line (that is, if I find something worth waiting for). Since it seems to be getting slightly earlier every year, I think this is a good time to be at the Best Buy in Mansfield.

Well I've a quick question, best buy has a laptop for $399, then if you pay a $100 more (total $499) you get some extras, like a printer, a bigger hard drive, etc. Would the $399 lappy versus the $499 lappy each be two different tickets or just one ticket and you just check off that you want the extras for the $100 more?

I would go with two different tickets. They are probably pre-configured to go out the door. Basically, they will make their money. When the $399 tickets run out, then the $499 tickets will sell out.

Hi everyone,

I know this question has been asked over and over but can anyone give me a good time to get in line at Best Buy in Michigan?

I've always gone shopping on BF, since I was 16, but never at BB. I just don't think Wed. night is going to happen with the temperatures here in MI.

Thanks

hey guys im new here and i am just wondering if anyone here who lives in cold weather know what time ppl usually get in line for? i live in silverdale, washington. hope that helps haha thanks guys

Welcome to the community! With all of the press that Bf is getting I would say get inline before 3pm on Thursday.