New Idea For Forum: Attack System

stationchief

Just wondering what people think about this idea, or if anyone else has even heard or seen of it before. A vidogame-ish style system in the forums where you can 'attack' other users and earn hit points and experience. See, me being an avid classic gamer I've been a regular at the ArcadeAtHome.com forums for some time. They use an attack system for their registered users to play with other registered users. Most people say it's rather addicting. And fun to 'kill' other users. Glance over and take a look. Whaddaya think? :P

And have a look HERE in case you're curious as to how it all works.

Seems reminescent of older BBS chat rooms that you could dial in to. I've never seen it in a forum, but I'm familiar with the concept.

I don't think you will be seeing anything like that here though. It just doesn't fit in with the mission of the GD site or forum.

Just my thought on it.

Seems reminescent of older BBS chat rooms that you could dial in to. I've never seen it in a forum, but I'm familiar with the concept.

I don't think you will be seeing anything like that here though. It just doesn't fit in with the mission of the GD site or forum.

Just my thought on it.

That's OK. I was just curious if anyone had ever seen this sorta thing before. :D

That's OK. I was just curious if anyone had ever seen this sorta thing before. :D

No Problem...

Who knows, Brad could see this and decide it is just what the forum needs...

... but I think he may be a bit busy getting the upcoming BF2007 site ready.

;)

Yes, with BF coming we'll be under attack from clueless newbies and spammers so we don't need to be attacking each other anytime soon :P

But wouldn't that be the fun of it all. When someone gets on everyone's nerves with too much spam, Brad can just 'kill' em off. And it's a great way to relieve stress. Imagine the chaos! :lolrun:

But a few down sides of this: It encourages spam badly. People will spam hundreds of topics every day just to get their stats up before they go on a fragging spree. Also, people start 'gang clans' to attack in groups. I think they get waaaaaaay too involved in it. :cheesy:

But wouldn't that be the fun of it all. When someone gets on everyone's nerves with too much spam, Brad can just 'kill' em off. And it's a great way to relieve stress. Imagine the chaos! :lolrun:

Eh, when someone gets on everyone's nerves, I can just ban them, which is a lot more fun than fake "killing" them off. :yup: