What Is Black Friday???

romur1

is this a trick question? i almost fell out of my chair, lol.

wanted to say WELCOME to the board. I believe BF is the day when some, if not most retailers, make enough profits to bring their sales for the year "in the black(positive)" and not "in the red(negative)" and at the same time, pass the sales onto their customers.

I know thats explained poorly, hopefully someone can come by and make it sound better, lol.

This reminds me of a person where I used to work. I asked her what she was doing for black Friday and she said nothing she wasn't religious. Everyone is the building heard her and cracked up, we still pick on her to this day about it.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/LOL/lol2.gif

IT is the one day that work knows I need off- I work any other day of the year -I usually work Thanksgiving but have had the last few BF's off!! It is a national holiday now- isn't it??

Wouldn't you need thanksgiving off as well? Those lines might be a bit long by the time you get off work. ;)

it always floors me when someone asks this question. i've worked in retail for the past 10 years, imagine my shock when arriving in AZ to work in a new mall and my EMPLOYER asked me about Black Friday.

I had mentioned it and asked what time our store opened on Black Friday and he said "I don't know, when is Black Friday?" I told him that it was the day after Thanksgiving and he said "Oh I've never heard of that. Is that Catholic?"

asdlkfja How can you be in upper management in retail and not know what black friday is? sheesh. sorry. just had to share.