Switching pharmacies just for the deals?

Has anyone just kept on switching pharmacies just to get the deals? I saw in todays paper that Rite Aid has a coupon if you switch your scripts to them you get a $20.00 RA gift card. I already have my scripts there, but I would be more than willing to move mine around just to get these store cards for free money.

I haven't really ever switched mine around is there much hassle to move them around?

Has anyone just kept on switching pharmacies just to get the deals? I saw in todays paper that Rite Aid has a coupon if you switch your scripts to them you get a $20.00 RA gift card. I already have my scripts there, but I would be more than willing to move mine around just to get these store cards for free money.

I haven't really ever switched mine around is there much hassle to move them around?

My daughter has to buy over $200.00 in medication for her daughter's allergies each month so she DOES take advantage of the "switching" pharmacies all the times. She uses Target,CVS and I think Walmart. Target honors others coupons up to $25.00. Some pharmacies will only honor it every few months but you could certainly call to see. It isnt a big deal at all I dont think. she just tells them to transfer it to another store. If she gets a new medicine she has them call it in to whichever store that she has the coupon for. Good luck!

Keep in mind when switching pharmacies, that there are certain benefits to your pharmacists knowledge of any on-going issues and conditions that you may have. I recently switched our Pediatrician because our pharmacist questioned his judgement in particular treatments and conflicts that it may cause with other meds.

Granted, this was an issue with the doctor, and not the pharmacy, but this would not have been as likely had we not been using the same pharmacist for several years. her knowledge was sort of a secondary protective measure, as it were.

I switch mine back and forth between Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target and Kroger. Each of them has a $20 gift card with transferred prescription (Rite Aid can only be done once every 6 months) (Kroger can be done 3 times in 6 months).

I have never had a problem with any prescription or any pharmacy.

I do it all the time between Kmart, Target, Meijers, and Krogers. Krogers and Kmart will honor any Rx coupon so I usually use $20 rite aid coupons and go back and forth between them.

In my opinion it's a win/win for both me and the store that fills my script. I actually make $ and I'm sure the store isn't losing out when they bill my insurance. :yup:

How do I find out about the Walgreens gift card for transferring a perscription. I didnt see it on their website. I need to get a perscription and want to be able to take advantage of getting the gift card?

Right now they are passing them out at the register when you check out. If your store doesn't have them, pm me and I will send you one from mine. I have plenty.