where are you hiding your xmas gifts?

dmmiller

I never hide the presents I buy. I usually just stack them in the corner of my bedroom & throw a blanket over it. Ever since my ds was small I always told him anything that he finds goes back. I can tell by the way I have the bags stacked if they're touched! lol

All over the house. lol I have some on top of my bookcases in my room. Some in the garage. And some stored out in the van that we don't use. In the next week or so, I plan on pulling them all together in the garage. Just so I can see what I have so far. Oh, and I have a bike stashed at my parent's house. :)

• 1 month later...

I sort of hide stuff in plain sight. I hide stuff in totes in the basement. We have a huge shelf down their filled w/totes and boxes, and the kids have no clue that their Christmas gifts are in among the other totes on the shelves there. hee hee.

Elena

I hid them in the attic since we moved 5 years ago. Before that, three out of my four kids weren't even born and my oldest wasn't even 2 when we moved. In the old house, we hid his presents in the finished basement we had and just never took him downstairs when we went to do the laundry.

I too hide them where ever I can. We have 48 people to buy for this year including our 3 kids who will get 13 gifts each. I have over 40 gifts wrapped already!! I hide them in closets, totes and where ever else theres room. I wrap mine asap beacause there are so many if someone got a peek it still wouldn't spoil the surprise!:) I do like the luggage idea!!

I buy totes and put them in my room since I don't have a closet in there. I use them as end tables until after Christmas. My ds is too young to snoop but dd is 11 and knows the truth and was told if she snoops she gets nothing so she leaves everything alone, I also keep a notebook with a list of what I bought, for who, and who I still need to buy for.

This is the first year it's really been a problem now that my oldest DD is 5. I think they'll all have to go in the garage because she can get into my closet. I have some high cabinets in the laundry room I could try to put some in, but she's such a climber, there's even a chance she could get in there. I guess the garage is my best bet.

There is no way I could wrap them yet! I would totally forgot what they were before Christmas morning and then I would have to unwrap them! lol

But I hide the majority of my toys at my parents house. When she runs out of room, I have to hide them in boxes in my closet. The two or three weeks before Christmas, I hate going in my closet for fear everything will fall out!

There is no way I could wrap them yet! I would totally forgot what they were before Christmas morning and then I would have to unwrap them! lol

But I hide the majority of my toys at my parents house. When she runs out of room, I have to hide them in boxes in my closet. The two or three weeks before Christmas, I hate going in my closet for fear everything will fall out!

I put a small number on the bottom of each present and then I keep a list of what gift is what number, so I will know what is in each box.

Well what I hav bought it is wrapped up and in ds11's closet he is hiding it for me.

2 of my girls are getting AG dolls so to throw them off I wrapped on in a really big box so she would not know what it was after he sister opens hers. SHe is getting smarter with that.

I have the santa family gift in my room wrapped up and in the shipping box so ds will not know its a WII. he will figure its big when he reads "family gift".

2 other gifts are on there way here and when they show up they will get wrapped right away too. ds11 digital camera and Guitar Hero3.

thats all so far , I have to wrap on the days my 5 year old is not in preschool.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vhjetski81
Luckily we have a storage building just right down from our house so most everything goes in there. This time of year I make sure my DH gives me back his key (he's worse at peeking then my ds5!) I already have most of the stuff wrapped but it has to stay hidden for now.

I too hide them where ever I can. We have 48 people to buy for this year including our 3 kids who will get 13 gifts each. I have over 40 gifts wrapped already!! I hide them in closets, totes and where ever else theres room. I wrap mine asap beacause there are so many if someone got a peek it still wouldn't spoil the surprise!:) I do like the luggage idea!!

48 people to buy for! WoW!!!

Watch out for those paper cuts from all of the gift wrapping you have to do.

Okay, this is making me laugh. I remember when I was little and my brother and I snooped and found our presents early. Then before Christmas, we played with them in the morning after our mom went to work and before we went to school. We thought we were pretty clever but then I messed up. (hey, I was 7!) We opened presents Christmas morn and we acted all surprised but then Mom said something was missing and I jumped up and ran and got it and said she must have forgotten it. My brother never let me forget that I blew it! ;)

Now I know my 3 kids will snoop just as much as I did, so the last 2 years I have been hiding them at my neighbor's house in her closet. Then during the day when they are at school I go get them and wrap them a few at a time and then take them back over again. Then on Christmas Eve I go get them after the kids are in bed. So there's a lot of sneaking back and forth but it's part of the fun!!:D

I have most of them in the shipping boxes they came in--taped up with packing tape. Others that I've gotten from the store are spread out between my dh's armoire, the laundry room closet and one of my drawers. I'm going to start wrapping soon though, as all the boxes are on my bedroom floor and it's ridiculous to step over to get into my closet...